It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "I Told You So" Thread You May Never Read!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I apologize, but this Zed fellow certainly sounds like a shill. There are hundreds of 2012 posts discussing the facts about this date, so I'm unsure why you are responding (belligerently, and ignorantly as a another poster proved) to a thread that is about the OP's OPINION.

If you are a real member of this website, give the nay-saying a freaking rest. Good god, it isn't about who is right and who is wrong.

Peace

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
So what are you going to do when, like, nothing happens at all ?

Here are my predictions :

1) Nothing even remotely interesting will happen on december 21, 2012.

2) If you do leave ATS, you'll be back before 6 months

3) I will eat an apple today.

4) I'm sure to get at least two prophecies right out of the three above.
edit on 2-12-2012 by Ismail because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Your link fails for me.

Chinese, Hopi, Hindus, Aztec

The Hopis did not have a calendar. Pretty much makes it impossible to have a 2012 prediction don't you think.

As for the rest of the list, there are plenty of charlatans out there making false claims. You are not the first to post a link to some dubious source.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Danowski

The Mayan Calendar only had 260 days, not 360. If you need to correct people, correct them right.

If you plan to correct someone do it right. There were at least 7 Mayan calendars. The 260 day one you refer to was not a solar calendar. The Mayans had a 365 day calendar. It had 360 days in it plus 5 extra days appended to the end of the calendar. The solar calendar was the Haab. The 260 day calendar was the Tzolkin. The long count was a count of days. It was not a solar calendar.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

Days extended as our orbit around the Sun has changed and extended.

False. The number of days in a year changes as there is a transfer of momentum from the Earth to the Moon causing the earth to slow down and the Moon to move away from the Earth. It causes the introduction of leap seconds every once in a while.

Our orbit is not changing. It is the rotation of the Earth that is changing.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by anon29

The OP contained a number of factual errors such as cultures other than the ancient Maya making reference to this day.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

You can bet that someone will troll this date to make something happen. I can think of a few reasons off the top of my head how social programming might benefit from all the New age nonsense people are ripe and willing to follow blindly if something just so happens to occur on that date....

Very good point! This one paragraph sent chills down my spine. The degree of fanaticism surrounding this date is almost unbelievable. But it's real. Facts be damned - this hurricane of hype is simply too enticing for the naive minds pervading our world. Result being, anyone with an agenda has an unprecedented opportunity to exploit. The prospect is scary - there isn't enough collective discernment to defend against any potential manipulation, I fear. Ironic, isn't it? The believers might just get their wish after all.

Everyone, skeptic or believer, MUST read this thread - www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-12-2012 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Given the fact that the world is quickly becoming over populated and the limited resources to sustain an ever expanding population, something will happen. It will likely be a man made disaster or set of disasters, but with all the hype surrounding that date it would be the perfect time to get rid of a couple billion people and have plausible denial of any involvement. Then again, every 26,000 years a major event has happened. It is fact. We can only hope nothing happens but i wont hold my breath.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I actually think the "lol 2012'ers" threads are MORE annoying than the regular "OMG this date" threads.

It's like people can't accept that this stuff will always happen - people anticipating some "doomsday".

Part of me thinks it's just about people wanting to call others stupid so they can feel superior.

It just makes this whole site a rabble rabble joke of a mess.

That said - I think 2012 started in 2001

S+F

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Then again, every 26,000 years a major event has happened. It is fact.

I don't believe that is correct. There are claims of cyclical events, but none have ever panned out.
edit on 2-12-2012 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Pole shifts are cyclic occurrences on the Earth and the cycles are natural. This is something that happens to the Earth naturally through cosmic cycles that happen like clockwork when looked at from the perspective of celestial events. Spiritual texts in some traditions suggest that these pole reversals happen every 26,000 years and that the north and south pole have switched before more than once. In Hindu texts these cycles are called Yugas. Even the Bible says in Isaiah 24:1, "Behold, the Lord makes the earth empty, and makes it waste, and turns it upside down." The Mayans also have records and legends of such occurrences. Somewhere in humanity's innate knowledge, this information is within and is recorded in a way that could be taken quite literally in light of today's challenges with the possible 2012 polar shift coming soon. Scientific proof and evidence shows that there have been pole reversals before on Earth as well.

It is a natural cycle when Earth goes above and below the galactic equator every 26,000 years. It takes 26,000 years for this solar system to make one full orbit around the galactic center. Each time it does this it goes through the galactic equator and the Earth's poles reverse. This happens back and forth every 26,000 years.

NASA has verified that there is now positive magnetism energy appearing in the south pole, which is normally supposed to be in the north pole only. The South pole is supposed to only have a negative magnetic charge. In the past 150 years, there has been a migration between the north and south poles and their respective magnetic charges of positive and negative magnetic reversal. Another thing that NASA has observed is that the sun literally reverses its poles every 11 years at the peak of each sunspot cycle. The solar pole shift will happen again in 2012 exactly. There is some concern about the extra solar activity that will be happening in the sun during this cycle, solar cycle 24, but there is some comfort in the fact that 2012 is just another normal time for the solar cycle to happen.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Sigh....

Why doesn't anyone ask the question....

WHY DOES DEC 21 MARK THE BEGINNING OF A NEW CYCLE?

People keep brushing off the fact that its just a new cycle that simply resets and thats it...

But why does it reset, why that day? Why would suddenly 5125 years later, the cycle simple just ends a new one begins.... why end the cycle at all? Why not just keep going til the next cycle?

This isn't a yearly calendar, its not signalling the begining of a new year, its signalling the beginning of something we don't understand.

So yes, the mayan calendar continues on thousands of years after 2012, that is not the argument here. The argument, is why does a cycle end on dec 21,,,, what is the purpose? What did they see to make it end there?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by anon29

The OP contained a number of factual errors such as cultures other than the ancient Maya making reference to this day.

Then please explain the alignment on dec 3rd over the pyramids of giza.

18 days before dec 21, exactly 25920 minutes, it takes 25920 years for the precession of the equinoxes

How big of a coincidence does it have to be before you might start to squeeze past your skepticism?

An alignment exactly 25920 minutes before dec 21, with the pyramids of giza? Are you freaking kidding me?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

??
Wait.. what I totally missed this memo.. where is this thread/source at... ??

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

You tube it. Dec 3rd alignment.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

For clarification, a pole shift is a crustal event. Magnetic reversals are due to changes in the core.

Spiritual texts in some traditions suggest that these pole reversals happen every 26,000 years and that the north and south pole have switched before more than once.

Spiritual texts do not discuss magnetic fields of the Earth. They do not discuss reversals. Reversals is a modern idea. The sort of biblical reference you mention is not a magnetic event.

Magnetic events do not happen on a 26,000 cycle. The last magnetic reversal was 700K years ago.

It is a natural cycle when Earth goes above and below the galactic equator every 26,000 years. It takes 26,000 years for this solar system to make one full orbit around the galactic center. Each time it does this it goes through the galactic equator and the Earth's poles reverse. This happens back and forth every 26,000 years.

None of those times is correct. The only thing I am aware of that is on a 26,000 time frame is the wobble in the Earth's axis.

The solar pole shift will happen again in 2012 exactly.

The Sun does reverse its polarity approximately ever 11 years. The time varies. The next reversal will complete in 2013, not 2012.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

There is no alignment over the pyramids of Giza. That's baloney.

What does happen is that the angular separation between 3 planets is approximately the same as the distance between the 3 largest pyramids at Giza.

That's no big deal. There are coincidences all of the time. Did you know that at least twice a year the ratio of the night to the ratio of the day is the same as the ratio of the distances between these pyramids?

Another useless coincidence to add to your list of coincidences.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

ok so I did some homework... and astrobob.areavoices.com...

so it seems it's not really that big of a hoopla which is probably why I haven't heard the memo.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join