It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "I Told You So" Thread You May Never Read!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Good, the little boy left. I love it how certain people love to twist what others say or write... NEVER have I said or written that December 21st 2012 is the end of the world... However, YES, there are prophecies that do describe this time frame, and how there will be dramatic changes as the 13th baktun closes and we move into the 14th baktum.
edit on 7-12-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Are you claiming that Frank Waters was a hoaxter? The link, and excerpts I gave from the "Manataka" website are taken from one of Frank Waters' books.

Sources:

Book of The Hopi, by Frank Waters, December 31, 1993

Oswald White Bear Fredericks, Copyright 1963, by Frank Waters

SBN 345-01717-X-125, Library of Congress Catalog No. 63-19606

Published by: Ballantine Books, Inc., 101 Fifth Ave, New York, N.Y. 10003 Paperback Edition: Page 408

www.manataka.org...

Frank Waters (July 25, 1902 - June 3, 1995) was an American writer. He is known for his novels and historical works about the American Southwest. The Frank Waters Foundation, founded in his name, strives to foster literary and artistic achievement in the Southwest United States.
Other published works

Other published works, essays, non-fiction, and esoteric writings by Waters include:
Midas of the Rockies (1937)
The Colorado (1946)
Masked Gods: Navajo and Pueblo Ceremonialism (1950)
The Earp Brothers of Tombstone: the Story of Mrs. Virgil Earp (1960)
Book of The Hopi (1963)
Robert Gilruth (1963)
Leon Gaspard (1964)
Pumpkin Seed Point (1969)
To Possess the Land: A Biography of Arthur Rochford Manby (1973)
Mexico Mystique: The Coming Sixth World of Consciousness (1975)
Mountain Dialogues (1981)
Brave Are My People: Indian Heroes Not Forgotten (1993)
Of Time and Change: a Memoir (1998)

[edit] Notes

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 7-12-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

again, why do you assume I am a boy?

why are you being a prick?

anyways, you have failed to prove how the Mayan prophecies (which this thread is about) have anything to do with the Hopi ones....

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The Maya and the Hopi are branches of the same tree. They originated from the same ancestral tribe...

Most Hopis believe they are related to the Mayan, but are unsure as to whether the Maya descended from the Hopi or the Hopi descended from the Maya. Most other Native American tribes revere the Hopi as the oldest of the people and agree with the Hopi that they were the first inhabitants of North America. Most Hopi believe that the Anasazi Indians were actually Hopi ancestors.

www.hopioutreach.org...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Are the Maya and the Hopi 2 Branches
of the Same Ancestral Tree?

Before a house is built in Mayan Guatemala, before a new town is laid out or a new field is planted, a spiritual guide is called, and in an ancient ceremony the spiritual guide determines the corners of the property, and north, south, east and west. He walks to them, marks them, and after the ‘cornering’ is complete, he uses them to determine the center. At the center, the land is dedicated to its new purpose. In a home, for example, this center, or balance point, becomes the hearth, and the three hearth stones will be laid, the tenemastes, representing the triangle of stones laid down at creation to support the cosmos, and still seen as a triangle of stars in Orion.

When the Hopi first came to this continent at the beginning of this forth age, they were instructed to make four great pilgrimages before settling at the center, their permanent home. The clans walked south, west to the Pacific, East to the Atlantic and north to impenetrable ice, the world’s ‘back door,’ and then returned to settle the center, the mesas we now call Hopi land. They left swirling petroglyphs behind, the number of turns in the spirals representing the number of migrations completed. The first clan to complete the four prescribed pilgrimages, the Bear Clan, still holds the principal place in tribal leadership.

www.witzmountain.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

From their homepage:

NOTICE: Ads by Google has numerous pages listing AIHC as a American Indian wedding source. These advertisements are in actuality for Manataka (MAIC). Manataka has hijacked our organizations name in a Canadian web server. We are not affiliated with any wedding activity or as a resource for weddings. Some searches for our organization also result in Manataka being displayed. See our information on MAIC in the beware section.

If the MAIC are a legitimate organization why did they see the need to use such underhand tactics to make their services appear to be legitimate?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

While Waters' novels are some of the best of the 20th century his non-fiction has always left a little to be desired. For example, he is essentially the original source for all the 2012 nonsense we see today. Ignoring that though, Waters' source for this "prophecy" is the same old Rev. Young story. Like I said this prophecy always comes back to one of two white men, Young and the man who first reported on his story (which might have been Waters now that I think about it). One would think that with Waters connections to the Native Americans of the Southwest he would be able to find an actual Native American source. Instead all he can do is quote the same unsubstantiated source that every other writer quotes.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Told you so lol
before i post link on proper thread

In fact another told you so here notice date posted
Not finished either.
edit on 7-12-2012 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You can falsely claim to have shown it is old. It is not. The Hopi prophecy is modern.

You do have a really bad memory, Phage claimed the same thing some years back and I proved him wrong. You also posted/discussed in that thread...

First of all, I explained even in previous threads in which you were present that the word "sakwa" literally means "green-blue".

Comet Holmes was a yellow comet. I really couldn't care less about a word when the issue is the color of the comet. You've been shown wrong is every thread you post in. You're batting 1000.

Again, here is the problem with this lie that Holmes was blue. Blue filters were used to enhance the contrast of the comet. The comet was yellow, not blue. It appears that once again you must be reminded that there is a difference between the actual color and the color seen in astrophotography.

This is what I wrote in that other thread.

Sorry but you keep being wrong, the comet changed colors, and yes even when it was mostly blue there was SOME yellow, but in fact it was seen as BLUE, not yellowish when the event occurred...

There you go and show that you are wrong and have been wrong. Thanks for telling everyone that.

Once again let's get the statements from comet observers. Blue filters to enhance a yellow comet. The colors mentioned in the article cannot be seen by the human eye. They pale in comparison to the color due to reflecting sunlight.
cometography.com...

Oh boy... The Earth's magnetic field protects the ozone layer from being bombarded by the solar wind, and the ozone layer protects us from radiation from the Sun and other sources...so YES, the Earth's magnetic field does protect us from the Sun's radiation...

There is no evidence that loss of the magnetic field or reduction in the magnetic field causes any big problems for life on Earth. That is the issue.

Now, watch how, stereologist, instead of admitting he is/was wrong, he will try to twist this...

Twisting and squirming is the position of those in the wrong that cannot understand what can be detected by the human eye and what cannot be detected. The comet was yellow. A magnetic reversal does not affect life on Earth as shown in the fossil record. Repeating my statements about the magnetic field and showing that early statements were wrong is maintaining the same position.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Suspected is used because to say more could lead to legal challenges.

We all know that its a scam. Some people just fall for the scam.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Where do you get the idea that anything dramatic is supposed to happen at the end of this baktun? The Mayans made no such claim and they are the only ones mentioning 2012.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
on december 21 we will see :
- terrorist attacs or atempts (cause they feel that some power chose em to do so)
- some kind of financial breakdown like in 2008 but with bigger splash
- some morron country like North Korea nukes some one (extreme)

i missed some probably so please add if you can.

SOMEONE WILL!!!!
put that date to use not thank to us but the person who came up with this ...

link   

The Maya and the Hopi are branches of the same tree. They originated from the same ancestral tribe...

Meaningless statement. Go back far enough and we are all from Africa.

The Maya and Hopi cultures are very different. Effectively nothing in common.

link   
reply to post by stereologist

dude the Hopi.....they uh, warned against war, so the electromagnetic field will, uh, BOOM....MAYA *jazz hands*
edit on 7-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

You are "claiming" it is an unsubstantiated source, yet that's all you are doing. Waters was, and had native American connections which you obviously do not have. Yet you want to claim that because "YOU" say so it must be so...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Comet Holmes was a yellow comet. I really couldn't care less about a word when the issue is the color of the comet. You've been shown wrong is every thread you post in. You're batting 1000.

i actually presented proof that the comet was seen from Earth in blue, and green colors during the time when it exploded and expanded, yet you want to claim that because it "WAS" yellow, it must have remained so...

You haven't shown crap...

On about November 8-9, 2007, the blue-colored gaseous tail of Comet 17P/Homes broke away from its greenish dense nucleus.
The tail of the comet points behind its nucleus and away from the Sun and Earth. The colors are caused by ions (charged particles) coming from the comet and fluorescing (emitting radiation light) from its interaction with the Sun. Specifically, the greenish colors of the nucleus are caused by charged particles such as carbon ions and the bluish colors of the tail by carbon monoxide ions within the comet.

www.itwire.com...

edit on 10-12-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

i actually presented proof that the comet was seen from Earth in blue

Actually you lie. You presented evidence that a small portion of the material in the comet emitted light. A very small portion did that. Those emissions as I pointed out represented an insignificant amount of the light observed from Earth. That light as I showed from an actual EARTH BOUND observer was yellow.

Now I realize that this may be hard to understand. There are 2 sources of light. One is the small and difficult to observe emission from small molecules and atoms around the comet. The other is the overwhelming reflection of sunlight. That was yellow.

Did you miss the opening line of the article?

Astronomers observed through telescopes with large time exposures what they called a “big disconnection event.”

Maybe you did not understand the importance of this line. That is why it was written up front. It's important. This blue and green you refer to is so dim it takes a TELESCOPE and a LONG TIME to capture this image because it is DIM.

Capiche?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

You're getting it now. The source has never been the Hopi.

You decide which non-Hopi you want to pick as the source of this prophecy.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

*****SNIP*****
[MORE]
Mod Edit: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
[MORE]

On about November 8-9, 2007, the blue-colored gaseous tail of Comet 17P/Homes broke away from its greenish dense nucleus.
The tail of the comet points behind its nucleus and away from the Sun and Earth. The colors are caused by ions (charged particles) coming from the comet and fluorescing (emitting radiation light) from its interaction with the Sun. Specifically, the greenish colors of the nucleus are caused by charged particles such as carbon ions and the bluish colors of the tail by carbon monoxide ions within the comet.

www.itwire.com...

edit on 12/21/2012 by Blaine91555 because: Snipped comment. See inserted link about civility.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join