It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "I Told You So" Thread You May Never Read!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by badnickname

The point is that nothing in your list is extreme. Even recent saber rattling is nowhere near the threat it was during the Cold War. You even agree that these issues are well known. UV radiation is not extreme this year either.

Saber rattling is much bigger than during the Cold War, but now the media is full of entertainment and didn't yet get the cue to engage in war preparations. But everything else is in full swing, and between multi-country alliances. You are just uninformed, and I understand that, but others may not be, and they are allowed to have a different opinion.

This is just a taste and is old. Those steps he anounced then, all taken by now, in apparent silence.

NATO patriot missiles and radar in Turkey is an oposing move by USA, that will surely provoke another response from Russia and/or China. I will not go into detail to explain what this means, as it is self evident to anyone that follows the situation last couple of years.

Regarding UV radiation, I will just say that I experienced it this summer. I got deep sunburns on my forehead while working outside, in only 1h30min, in the early morning, before 9h. I never got such burns in my life, and I grew up in the sun. We had radio warnings later that day of extreme, record breaking UV levels. Now, excuse me, but you can go and explain to someone else that is all normal and a o k.

We havent witnessed a magnetic reversal yet, to know all its possible consequences.

The evidence in the fossil record is quite clear - magnetic reversals do not cause disasters or affect life on Earth.

When I pointed out that quacks and nuts have been predicting economic meltdown for decades all you could say is nothing. That sums up your position doesn't it? You have these strange ideas that something is happening and no reason for your stance. You odd claim that magnetic reversals are violent is simply ridiculous. The fossil record states otherwise. I ask where you go that idea and you essentially refused to name the idiot that came up with that story.

Your claim about quacks is irrelevant, just a provocation. I don't care about quacks. I care about Greece, Spain, Egypt, Sudan, Balkans, France, Italy, Izrael, USA... people are hungry and hopeless everywhere, because of an economic meltdown. Get it? 50% youth unemployment and 350.000 evictions in Spain ring any bells? It is already happening, and we didn't even get to the collapsing dolar, that less countries use for trade every day, and will soon fail and cause all sorts of not-fun things to happen.

Again, I dont see why I am discussing this at all. I feel like I'm telling you the sky is blue and you argue its white because you see clouds.

How arrogant of you to claim humans are not affected. You studied this also?
I have read plenty of stuff suggesting otherwise, and you have not provided anything but your opinion again, claiming it as fact. Not that I care to debate it here anymore.

No amount of blustering on your part defends this phoney claim that humans are affected by magnetic fields. I pointed out situations in which it happens and you have no response.

So you made a list of fabrications and I called you on those falsehoods and you have nothing to support these stories. I am not surprised.

Here is a response to your non-existing links and arguments:
newscientist.com article

He also presented hospital data from 6000 pregnant women who had routine scans of their fetus's heart rates between 1995 and 2003. In 15% of the fetuses, periods of disturbances in their heart rates coincided with periods of high geomagnetic activity.

"The most plausible explanation for the association between geomagnetic activity and depression and suicide is that geomagnetic storms can desynchronise circadian rhythms and melatonin production," says Kelly Posner, a psychiatrist at Columbia University in the US.

Psychiatrists too have noticed a correlation between geomagnetic activity and suicide rates. A review of 13 years of South African data on suicides and magnetic storms in South African Psychiatry Review, vol. 6 p. 24) suggested a link.

In 1994, a study was published suggesting a 36.2% increase in the number of men admitted into hospital for depression in the second week after geomagnetic storms (British Journal of Psychiatry vol 164, p 403).

Arrogance doesn't suit you, or this thread. Tone it down a bit, and we might have a conversation.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Saber rattling is much bigger than during the Cold War

Guess you didn't live through it. Let me fill you in. The Soviets promised to destroy us and claimed a huge arsenal which they did. They actually had the ability to deliver those weapons in mass. You might laugh at "duck and hide", but people were certain that war was possible and even imminent.

You certainly are not informed, and that is okay. You point to an issue which is not the constant gossip of the day as it was back then.

Regarding UV radiation, I will just say that I experienced it this summer. I got deep sunburns on my forehead while working outside, in only 1h30min, in the early morning, before 9h. I never got such burns in my life, and I grew up in the sun. We had radio warnings later that day of extreme, record breaking UV levels. Now, excuse me, but you can go and explain to someone else that is all normal and a o k.

UV levels are not increasing and all you have to suggest otherwise is an anecdote. Please! Getting a sunburn is no indication. You'll figure that out.

Your claim about quacks is irrelevant, just a provocation. I don't care about quacks. I care about Greece, Spain, Egypt, Sudan, Balkans, France, Italy, Izrael, USA... people are hungry and hopeless everywhere, because of an economic meltdown. Get it? 50% youth unemployment and 350.000 evictions in Spain ring any bells? It is already happening, and we didn't even get to the collapsing dolar, that less countries use for trade every day, and will soon fail and cause all sorts of not-fun things to happen.

It's been worse or didn't you know that? Capiche? There is a huge difference between some lunatics spending to disaster and economic meltdown.

The problem is that you see zebras in a field of horses.

a correlation like this does not necessarily mean there is a causal link

Do you understand what that means? Humans are not affected by magnetic fields and this vague notion of Shumilov does not mean anything. Is it published in a peer reviewed journal? Where is the follow up since 2008? Your link is useless. It says nothing other than someone had an idea. It does not state anywhere that there is a relationship.

So please understand the material before posting.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
When people resort to anecdotes it reveals that people make leaps of judgment that are often poor. Consider getting a sunburn. There are lots of reasons for that:

1. I had more beer than I should have and the pain tells the rest of the story
2. It was 2 days in a row of poor judgement, but I'd rather blame some illogical notion than myself
3. I was on the open water and the reflections added to my problem

I remember a case in which someone received a horrible burn. They were morbidly obese and went for a drift in an inner tube. They fell asleep. They were woken by a passing boat that pulled them back to shore. Fortunately, they were able to call for medical assistance, because the person in the inner tube was bright red and acted somewhat incoherently. Due to their size they were placed in a pickup truck and covered in ice till the ambulance arrived. The quick thinking of the boat crew and the people on shore saved this person's life.

Does this incident in any way suggest that UV was higher than normal that day? Not at all.

Is this a true story? Yes. Unfortunately, the person that was sunburned died 2 years later due to other reasons.

To due human inabilities to gauge values we rely on objective measurements. Those measurements tell us that UV is not increasing.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I am sorry I even tried to discuss anything with you. There is no point. You fail at basic logic, by passing your own illusions and funny ideas as truth and fact you only fool yourself.

Please dont asume you have proven anyting to anyone with this, my discontinuation of this discussion is not yielding, au contraire, I find you unfit for a discussion.

Farewell and good luck.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Nice first post
S&F

I enjoyed the read also. We all have the right to believe what we want. If you are wrong, so what, at least you posted your thoughts, feelings, beliefs. It really doesn't matter what the rest of us think. I hope you don't leave ATS after the 21st.

Best,
yesterdaysreality

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I'm sorry that people are offended when they are shown to be making false statements. These false statements include:
1. Not understanding recent history including the Cold War
2. Not understanding that light and UV are NOT deflected by magnetic fields
3. Studies show no connection between life on Earth and magnetic reversals
4. Economic meltdowns have been declare imminent for decades by charlatans
5. The difference between fact and a suggestion from a study
6. Claiming magnetic reversals are violent

This is a short list.

The issue with magnetic fields and humans is that there is no evidence that there is an effect. These few comments you culled out of the literature do not demonstrate anything at all. Just as there is no connection between the phases of the Moon and people's actions, there is no connection between the magnetic field and people.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I hate to say this but i told you so

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I believe in this. certain things have hapened here, one of which i have recorded that seem to me to confrm that something big is coming soon. not apocolyptic but more of a mind opener. tried to post a tread about my footage to introductions since im new but the mods put the kabosh on that until i get 20 plus posts. anyway, im in total agreeance with you OP! and SO F-ing glad came across his board instead of having to wallow through 4chan.org/x/'s BS just to find a decent thread to post in.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I'm sorry that people are offended when they are shown to be making false statements. These false statements include:
1. Not understanding recent history including the Cold War
2. Not understanding that light and UV are NOT deflected by magnetic fields
3. Studies show no connection between life on Earth and magnetic reversals
4. Economic meltdowns have been declare imminent for decades by charlatans
5. The difference between fact and a suggestion from a study
6. Claiming magnetic reversals are violent

This is a short list.

The issue with magnetic fields and humans is that there is no evidence that there is an effect. These few comments you culled out of the literature do not demonstrate anything at all. Just as there is no connection between the phases of the Moon and people's actions, there is no connection between the magnetic field and people.

Please stop putting falsehoods in my mouth!

1. I understand the cold war quite well, thank you. You fail to understand a simple notion of propaganda. I wrote several times that I am not talking about propaganda in the public like you are (that is not politics), but about political and military moves that are equal or worse in tension to those of the cold war. You obviously do not follow current events, so you should not be making comparisons. Also, it is very lame to act like you are the only one that knows anything about history. You presume so much, and wrong most of the time.

2. I never said claimed UV and photons are affected by magnetism, I was talking about two different things. One being unprecedented UV levels and moving magnetic poles, not as one affecting the other. You failed to get that too.

3. I provided a New Scientist article citing several studies showing explicitly a connection between geomagnetism and human behaviour, and you still claim studies show the opposite. Fine. Suit yourself. Studies also show GMO doesn't hurt human health at all, but there are also studies that show it destroys the digestive system of rats and mice. You are again being arrogant in claiming your opinion, or studies (wich you are not citing, are you?) are the only ones correct. Fail.

4. Charlatans have declared many things for centuries, so what? There is an economic meltdown occuring atm, weather it was announced once or thousand times in history is irrelevant. You again fail to address any points I made other than claim everything I wrote is irrelevant. That is just sad.

5. A suggestion from a study is much more than your own opinion.

6. After we witness one, we will know for sure. But claiming such a global event has no consequences on anything is dumb. Do you know how many animals navigate via geomagnetism? Just an ecological disaster of that kind on top of the already dissappearing thousands of species is enough to cause disasters on human society.

This is realy a wrap for me.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz

The sun is not in one of its active states. The "galactic cloud" might be normal. We may have been going through these things since the dawn of our species and before the advent of the technology to see so.

It actually is not "normal"... As in the Solar System hasn't been through a cloud like this in a very long time. Do read the research presented if you want to try to formulate a concise argument.

No other culture described this date. You say the Hopi mentioned this date?....Show me their calendar or how you guesstimated that they spoke about this year and this month.

The Hopi don't mention precisely this year... Their prophecies state to look for signs of the passing of the fourth world, into the fifth world such as the coming of the blue star, or sakwa sohu kachina.

The prophecy states that it will APPEAR as a blue/green star in the heavens, and 7 years later the red purifier/red star "paha sohu kachina" will appear.

To the Hopi Kachinas are spirits, including Hopi ancestors and deities, that show themselves in many different forms.

But there are two prophecies, one of a "green/blue Kachina" and another one of a "red kachina", and these prophecies do come from the Hopi.

BTW, there are many Hopi villages/branches out there, reminiscent of their ancestors who went on a spiritual journey accross much of the Americas.

The Hopi elders have long passed down their myths and prophecies from generation to generation via oral tradition. Additional details are extrapolated from their many ancient rock pictographs and tablets.

One such prophecy reveals: "When the Blue Star Kachina makes its appearance in the heavens, the Fifth World will emerge".

The Blue Star is seen as the starting herald of a Great Purification period beginning prior to 2012. This would last for 7 years in total. Interestingly comet Holmes 17P travels an orbit around the sun 7 years long. That fact makes for a rather ominous coincidence if you ask this researcher. That should mean the great purification runs through 24-10-2007 to 24-10-2014.

It is said that it will begin when the Saquasohuh (Blue Star) Kachina dances in the plaza and removes his mask. Which partly relates to a certain ceremonial dance involving a specific religious mask from what I understand. It is however also explained as an actual solar object. First it would be represented in dances and later seen in the sky by all peoples of the Earth.

The Hopi ceremonies will supposedly no longer be carried out once the "Kachina" removes his mask. This will be during a dance in the plaza that is held before uninitiated children. In all likelihood that may refer to one of the dances allowed to be viewed by white tourists. Although for a while there will be no more ceremonies, eventually the ‘Oraibi’ will be rejuvenated with new faith and new ceremonies, marking the start of a new cycle of life.

It is also held by many of the Hopi that WWIII may start at that time and would be initialised by the very people who first revealed the light. that is those people in the other ancient nations. Likely candidates are India, Persia, Egypt and China.

2012rising.com...

Anyway, comet Holmes exploded and it expanded, it's brightness increased half a million times what it was originally and at one point it became larger than the Sun itself. It could be seen by the naked eye but it was faint even with it's increase in brightness.

Monday, November 26, 2007

A Blue Star in our Solar System Bigger than the Sun. Does this relate to prophecy?
Ancient Hopi prophecy states, "When the Blue Star makes its appearance in the heavens, the Fifth World will emerge"

A spectacular explosion caused comet 17P/Holmes to increase in size and brightness on October 24. The comet is now a half a million times brighter than before the eruption began. It continues to expand and is now the largest single object in the Solar system, being bigger than the Sun. The eruption continues at a steady 0.5 km/sec (1100 mph) rate. Holmes is still visible to the naked eye as a fuzzy star anytime after dark, high in the northeast sky. It is faintly visible from cities, and from dark country locations is truly remarkable.
www.ifa.hawaii.edu...

This is an astounding story. When an object suddenly, unexpectedly, appears in our solar system THAT IS BIGGER THAN THE SUN, and can be seen with the naked eye, and is BLUE, it could be one of those heavenly events like the Star of Bethlehem that foretell coming events. I would also call your attention to the seven seals in Revelations (I'll write more about that when I have time.)
From the Hopi:
"The return of the Blue Star (also known as Nan ga sohu Katchina) will be the alarm clock that tells us of the new day and new way of life, a new world that is coming. This is where the changes will begin. They will start as fires that burn within us, and we will burn up with desires and conflict if we do not remember the original teachings, and return to the peaceful way of life.

"Not far behind the twins will come the Purifier the Red Katchina, who will bring the Day of Purification. On this day the Earth, her creatures and all life as we know it will change forever. There will be messengers that will precede this coming of the Purifier. They will leave messages to those on Earth who remember the old ways.

" The messages will be found written in the living stone, through the sacred grains, and even the waters. (these could be the crop circles which have been found even in ice) From the Purifier will issue forth a great Red Light. All things will change in their manner of being. Every living thing will be offered the opportunity to change from the largest to the smallest thing."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What follows are two longer expositions of Hopi prophecy. Note that the events listed below were predicted many centuries ago and have been passed down. They were also all carved into Prophecy Rock at Hopi many, many years ago:

The Nine Signs of Hopi Prophecy
From White Feather, Bear Clan, Hopi Tribe

"These are the Signs that great destruction is here: The world shall rock to and fro. The white man will battle people in other lands -- those who possessed the first light of wisdom. There will be many columns of smoke and fire such as the white man has made in the deserts not far from here. Those who stay and live in the places of the Hopi shall be safe. Then there will be much to rebuild. And soon, very soon afterward, Pahana will return. He shall bring with him the dawn of the Fifth World. He shall plant the seeds of his wisdom in our hearts. Even now the seeds are being planted. These shall smooth the way to the Emergence into the Fifth World."
The Fourth World shall end soon, and the Fifth World will begin. This the elders everywhere know. The Signs over many years have been fulfilled, and so few are left.

First Sign: We were told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana -- men who took the land that was not theirs and who struck their enemies with thunder. (Guns)

Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. (Covered wagons)

Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. (Longhorn cattle)

Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron. (Railroad tracks)

Fifth Sign: The land shall be cris-crossed by a giant spider's web. (Power and telephone lines)

Sixth Sign: The land shall be cris-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun. (Concrete roads and their mirage-producing effects.)
Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it. (Oil spills)

Eighth Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like our people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn our ways and wisdom. (Hippies)

Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of the Hopi people will cease.

www.joyharjo.com...

Not to mention that even scientists predict big changes in this time frame 2012-2015, just like the ancient people predicted...

It has been determined that in the period of solar activity increase (11-year cycles) there increase seismic and volcanic activities in the compression zone of Earth and at the same time there decreases the activity in the tension zones of Earth.
On the basis of the discovered stable 11-year and 22-year cyclicalities in the seismic and volcanic activities and their high correlation with solar activity there has been made the long-term forecast until 2018. The next maximum of seismic and volcanic activity with very high amplitude for the compression zones of Earth is forecasted for the period 2012-2015.

www.khalilov.biz...

BTW, if you want to know who Elchin Khalilov (Khalilov E.N.) is here are a few facts that anyone can corroborate...

Dr.Prof. Elchin Khalilov (Azerbaijani: Elçin Xəlilov (born On April, 26th 1959, Baku, Azerbaijan) is a famous scientist in the sphere of geodynamics, seismology and tectonics.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The earth's magnetic field fluctuates. Your own post shows that. It has before. So before we measured it, how do you think it affected us? Looks like life is still here.

... Yet it hasn't been this weak in a very loooong time... This weak configuration could very well cause genetic changes in many species, including humans, if it continues weakening. And/Or worse, it could cause more cancer because we have less protection against the radiation from the Sun, and other stellar objects.

I wish people would use their heads instead of just "hoping" something happens. If people aren't scared enough to motivate you to curb your enthusiasm, then just think to how irresponsible it is to urge people that something will happen using nothing but a documented internet hoax perpetrated by dangerous cults.

Talk about yourself. I have been one of the members who for years has tried to inform members as to the real prophecies of the Mayans/Hopi, etc, and not the December 21st end of the world New Age claims...

Do some research into the actual phenomena, you are good at that right? Then see for yourself what many reputable sources say originated the 2012 hoax. That would be the honest thing to do instead of looking for sites that support your idea, to which equally cool looking tables and graphs can be found showing how normal it all is.

It is obvious you haven't been a member very long in here. I have done a lot of research and posted such research in this website since 2004.

You should be the one doing the research instead of claiming "it is all just normal"... It isn't... What the Earth and the Solar System is undergoing hasn't occurred for hundreds of thousands of years. Similar changes in the past have caused what is known as population bottleneck.

I am not saying "it will happen in December 21st 2012"... READ WHAT I WROTE...

edit on 6-12-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I have been lurking here since about 2004-2005

I became a member in 2007. (first account)

I have heard it all before. I have done my own extensive research. The Hopi are very cautious about their prophecies since many have just been made up by non Hopi and have nothing to do with their actual mythology.

If you have been here as long as you say then you would know the many times this crap comes up and the many times it is all just.....crap.

It is nonsense. So I have to disagree with you.

Have a good one.

edit on 6-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Their calender not colander projects infinitely into the future... And the "Different" calenders you showed highlighted in red are all part of the same calender... It's like our days, weeks, months, years...

calender (plural calenders)

1. Common misspelling of calendar.
2. A machine, used for the purpose of giving cloth, paper etc., a smooth, even, and glossy or glazed surface, by cold or hot pressure, or for watering them and giving them a wavy appearance; it consists of two or more cylinders revolving nearly in contact, with the necessary apparatus for moving and regulating.
3. One who pursues the business of calendering.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Why doesn't anyone ask the question....

WHY DOES DEC 21 MARK THE BEGINNING OF A NEW CYCLE?

People keep brushing off the fact that its just a new cycle that simply resets and thats it...

But why does it reset, why that day? Why would suddenly 5125 years later, the cycle simple just ends a new one begins.... why end the cycle at all? Why not just keep going til the next cycle?

This isn't a yearly calendar, its not signalling the begining of a new year, its signalling the beginning of something we don't understand.

So yes, the mayan calendar continues on thousands of years after 2012, that is not the argument here. The argument, is why does a cycle end on dec 21,,,, what is the purpose? What did they see to make it end there?

Maybe because everyone already knows the answer..

In case you don't, here is a good page about it:

www.levity.com...

This article describes very well a logical possible explanation of why that exact date was chosen - but be prepared to be amazed at the skill of the ancient Mayans (which are not the same people as the modern Mayans - the ancient Mayans were not only a race of super geniuses, they were spiritual adepts, higher beings, almost 'deities', if you will - and they left the planet, because they knew what was going to be unleashed here.. and who wouldn't have?)

You see, it's a very cosmic event, not just peanuts.. the "pace of humanity" has indeed quickened all the time, at first slowly, and then faster and faster. Think about how much everything has changed in the last 100 years. Then think about 1000 years before that.. nothing much changed for thousands of years, and then suddenly, a 100 year spurt! Yet humanity didn't advance as spiritual beings - on the contrary, people are more ape-like now than they were just a couple of centuries ago.

As proof, you can read the war letters from the American civil war soldiers to their girlfriends and families. They are really sophisticated, well-written, using eloquent language and very intelligent descriptions. Then take some modern-day war letters from any 'conflict' (as they like to call war now) to their girlfriends. Some comedian even had a skit about this once. It's astounding. People have actually become more stupid the same rate their technology has jumped leaps and bounds ahead. The result is that many people can use a computer, but could never design or build one. Their intelligence, let alone spiritual level doesn't match with their technology anymore! But 200 years ago, anyone who knew how to ride a horse buggy or use a sword, probably knew how to build a buggy or make a sword. Tech level was on the same plane with the intelligence/understanding.

Who in the modern time really understands -everything- about -every- piece of technology? Heck, does any random human being picked from any major street of a randomly chosen capital city even know for sure how a television or radio works? Not only in a generic way, but with 100% detail? Could they build a radio or a television? Could they even build a typewriter?

More people, more pollution, more problems, more wars, more greed, more lust, more waste and larger waste disposal problems. Think about garbage dumps that are ever-growing exponentially. That problem ALONE would be enough to end it all pretty soon in the future. Think about the damage done to the eco-system of this planet! How is that NOT going to affect the magnetic field of the planet? Every day thousands of airplanes pollute the sensitive higher areas of our atmosphere (or stratosphere or whatever it is up there), and every night, thousands more.

Does ANYONE truly believe this can be sustained for all eternity? No. Some day the end will come, if not because of the pole shift, then because of too much pollution from all the cars and airplanes. If not from that, then from earthquakes, caused by destroying the delicate natural balance of the planet. If not from that, then from ... well, you get the idea. There is NO WAY this can go on for much longer in ANY case.

Uhm.. I digressed a lot from the main topic, but the link I gave is still very interesting - it's about a very specific, "once-in-a-lifetime-of-a-planet" kind of cosmic event that actually does happen exactly in the predicted moment.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD

Originally posted by fourthmeal
"Apocalypse" has more than than one meaning.

A great revealing.

Actually it has just the one meaning. The one you correctly disclosed.

It is the same word as "Revelation"... a great revealing.
edit on 3-12-2012 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2012 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

It does have many meanings, according to Wiktionary:

apocalypse (plural apocalypses)

1. A revelation. [from 14th c.] The early development of Perl 6 was punctuated by a series of apocalypses by Larry Wall.
2. (Christianity) The events prophesied in the Revelation of John; the second coming and the end of life on Earth; global destruction. [from 19th c.]
3. A disaster; a cataclysmic event. [from 19th c.]  

I'd tend to like what Wikipedia says about it, though:

"An apocalypse (Ancient Greek: ἀποκάλυψις apocálypsis, from ἀπό and καλύπτω meaning 'un-covering'), translated literally from Greek refers to a revelation of something hidden, although this sense did not enter English until the 14th century.[1] In religious contexts it is usually a revelation of hidden meaning - hidden from human knowledge in an era dominated by falsehood and misconception."

Well, NO era could be truer to that description than the one we are all living now..

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

1. Clearly you do not understand the Cold War and its implications. I do follow issues which is why I am pointing out the failure of your claims. I'm not claiming I am the only one. I am simply stating that you are wrong.

2. Actually you did claim that the magnetic field of the Earth protected against UV. You can pretend that you did not. Everyone knows what you stated.

3. What you posted was an article full of speculation. There was nothing explicitly showing a connection. it was speculation. I even pointed that out with a quote from the article. GMO has nothing to do with this. But you are wrong there as well. The study was flawed in using potato skins which are well known to cause rodent tumors. GMO had nothing to do with it.

4. The fact that people continue to claim economic meltdown is important. It is a continued mantra shouted by frauds decade after decade. It is Chicken Little tallk.

5. Please learn the difference.

6. We do not have to witness the event to know that it does not affect llife on Earth. The fossil record tells us it does not.

Take the time to learn that science is not a few quips from a few people. Scientists try out all sorts of ideas and the thing we know is that people are not affected by magnetic fields. People are not affected by the Moon either, but you can still find a few studies claiming so.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

The Hopi prophecy is a modern invention. It appeared in the 1950s.

You showed a photo of comet Holmes. Comet Holmes was a yellow comet, not blue.

The Earth's magnetic field does not protect us from the radiation of the Sun. Where do people get this idea? The magnetic field does not affect UV, a prime cause of skin cancer. What it does is to deflect the solar wind. That deflection protects the ozone layer.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Great post, i loved how you explained your point of view, and the fact that we simply do not know.
But honestly i have never given any "deep" meaning to the 22nd nor does "part of me" feel like something, of any nature will happen, surely within my life time or in a thousand years from now, something might happen, why not, but i feel this month will come and go like the many before it. Global warming has me more worried at this point.
We all like to think ancient civilizations as wise beyond our understanding, so wise they could predict the end of the world or its rebirth or what have you, but not their own demise. The calendar ended in 2012 because they thought they would be around that long. and why would they think otherwise? They didn't know more than we do, about the future.
I always imagine that if a civilization replaces ours, and we go "extinct" like the Mayans and many others, that at a certain point someone will find a laptop, start it up, and realize to his/her horror that the Windows calendar only goes up to say the year 3000 (in windows xp is goes to 2099), and how they will start their own "end of the world" theories based on that.
Maybe one day something will happen, but when and what and who is just a question mark, and no ancient civilization or our modern technology can answer that. How we might feel about a certain date is, in the end irrelevant.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

If you have been here as long as you say then you would know the many times this crap comes up and the many times it is all just.....crap.

It is nonsense. So I have to disagree with you.

Have a good one.

I doubt you have done so much research, and btw, just because YOU say so doesn't make so... Just in case you didn't know that fact...

I provided evidence to everything I wrote, all you did is naysay without proving ANYTHING that you wrote...

Yeah, "have a good one..."

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

um,?

I have provided PROOF of evidence of everything I wrote backed by NASA, satellite info, and other such resources..., more than any evidence and implied interpretation you guys are going with.

I wanted to be cordial, but since you want to be confrontational, please provide to me the source of your supposed Hopi myth......I think you are a liar.

edit on 7-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

The Hopi prophecy is a modern invention. It appeared in the 1950s.

Already disproven your claim many times before, and no matter how many times YOU keep claiming "it appeared in the 50s" doesn't make it so...

You showed a photo of comet Holmes. Comet Holmes was a yellow comet, not blue.

You do have a really bad memory, Phage claimed the same thing some years back and I proved him wrong. You also posted/discussed in that thread...

First of all, I explained even in previous threads in which you were present that the word "sakwa" literally means "green-blue".

...The Hopi word sakwa literally means "blue-green", or "turquoise." The photos of Comet Holmes clearly show this particular color. In Hopi cosmology this color symbolically represents the intercardinal direction of southwest. From the Hopi perspective of their villages, the San Francisco Peaks lie to the southwest. These are the sacred snowy mountains where the katsinam, or spirit messengers, live for half of the year. The Hopi term sakwi, by the way, means "worn out," "broken down," "ruined" or "destroyed". The Mayan word sak, on the other hand, means "white".

www.viewzone.com...

This is what I wrote in that other thread.

Sorry but you keep being wrong, the comet changed colors, and yes even when it was mostly blue there was SOME yellow, but in fact it was seen as BLUE, not yellowish when the event occurred...

For a while before and after the expansion which made it look like it was bigger than the Sun it's nucleus was greenish, and it's tail was blue when the tail separated from the head of the comet.

On about November 8-9, 2007, the blue-colored gaseous tail of Comet 17P/Homes broke away from its greenish dense nucleus.

www.itwire.com...

The tail of the comet shone blue because of carbon monoxide ions , but during the event when it expanded to become bigger than the sun, the color that it shone was blue. The above happened AFTER the expansion of the comet and when the tail, and it's blue color separated from the nucleus.

The Earth's magnetic field does not protect us from the radiation of the Sun. Where do people get this idea? The magnetic field does not affect UV, a prime cause of skin cancer. What it does is to deflect the solar wind. That deflection protects the ozone layer.

Oh boy... The Earth's magnetic field protects the ozone layer from being bombarded by the solar wind, and the ozone layer protects us from radiation from the Sun and other sources...so YES, the Earth's magnetic field does protect us from the Sun's radiation...

Solar wind hammers the ozone layer

The Arctic ultraviolet shield took a battering from storms in 2004.

A stream of particles from the Sun, in combination with extreme weather conditions, caused an unprecedented thinning last year of the upper Arctic ozone layer.

Scientists have been puzzled by the chemical processes that destroyed up to 60% of ozone molecules in the lower mesosphere and upper stratosphere (the atmospheric layers that lie 30 to 40 kilometres above ground) in the first months of 2004. Reactions with chlorofluorocarbons (CFC), the compounds responsible for ozone depletion in the lower stratosphere, could not explain the decline in higher layers.

www.nature.com...

Now, watch how, stereologist, instead of admitting he is/was wrong, he will try to twist this...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join