It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martha Stewert gets to 'check in' prision when she chooses?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I never liked Martha Stewart to begin with, she reminds me of this relly hateful french teacher I had once... but the last I heard insider trading was illegal. Lying under oath is also illegal. She was convicted and sentenced. What really makes me sick is the media coverage making her out to be 'poor old martha'. Yeah, those poor millionaires...

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Keholmes if they ask me to step outside and I refuse to, what happens then? Can't they just come in and get me if they want too? Or does that force them to get a search warrant giving me time to call a lawyer and get a shower. LOL

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
OK first of all as a former stockbroker Stuart was very familiar with securites law and knew full well what she was doing. She did the crime now she does the time.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
..........................Or does that force them to get a search warrant giving me time to call a lawyer and get a shower. LOL

I believe you hit the nail on the head...I don't remember exactly but that is right along the lines.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I hate to ask another question but does this also include your car too. My son was giving his friends a ride home, they had been drinking and he had not he was the designated driver, my son is a big guy who looks like a criminal, though he (knock On wood) has not been in any kind of trouble with the law, they harrass him all the time, he has been in a movie as an extra and a music video both times as a prisoner in a prison, and thats without any added requirement other than the uniform, anyway he always gets pulled over. His poor grandmother who has given him a ride a few times and has never been pulled over got pulled over twice both times he was with her and he was the one they demanded explanations from. Once in this incident he had shown them his drivers license and registration and blew up the balloon and they still demanded he get out of the car, by this time they had called in two car loads of back up, he had had it, he told them he had done nothing wrong and was not getting out of his car. After they continued to talk to him asking him to get out of the car they finally moved their vehicles and let him drive away. They followed him but he just kept driving and they got other calls and had to leave. Then and only then did he take anyone home and come home himself. He told me he was sure the minute he set foot outside that car they were going to arrest him and could not figure out why they did not. TIA

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
goose

i'm pretty sure that those protections do not extend to a car....although i don't know for sure. you'd better wait for a shyster on that one.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join