It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saying hello...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hey. I've been visiting this site for a while, and normally have a look most days. So I thought I'd better get this going to become "fully-fledged!" There's loads of great reads on here, and really knowledgeable people. I have a lot of general interests over a wide range of subjects, but mainly what I've said on my profile. I'd say I'm an open minded skeptic, but with a real desire to actually believe, just not finding myself able to! I do feel there's a lot that goes on, politically, spiritually, and in all walks of life that we do not know about, and probably never will. Though I'm not quite as extreme as some threads and posts I've read on here!! Basically, easy going, willing to listen to anyone's opinion, and love a good debate. I've also noticed a real surge in my compassion levels and love for real human and animal beauty, which of course is lost a lot in the current day and age! Enough of me droning on, and look forward to more good reads. All the best to you all...!!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by swatson1982

Great opening!

I like you already. Especially that you highlight appreciation for the beauty of this world.

I wouldn't "try" to believe anything.. The least beliefs you can get away with the better, and then just fill in the gaps, for a time with (take your pick)..

Hope you enjoy it here.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Welcome! I hope you have a good time here in ATS

edit on 2-12-2012 by wickedgame because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Hi, thanks Dusty. I know what you mean. Depending on which mood I'm in, either knowledge is power, or ignorance is bliss!! Thanks for the welcome

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
A hearty slap o that thigh to ya.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use (The complete and end all guide to our policies)
Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice & you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Welcome to the family! There are some highly developed senses of beauty on here. Lots of threads on art and photography. Also plenty of threads highlighting animals. Tis a feast! Enjoy.

top topics

join