Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Son kills father in bow and arrow attack

page: 1
4

log in

join

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Christopher Krumm had just stabbed to death his father's live-in girlfriend at the couple's home two miles away on Friday morning.
Then he goes to his father's work place at a community college, where he worked as an instructor.
After shooting his father with the arrow, Christopher Krumm stabbed himself, then fatally stabbed his father in the chest in a struggle in the classroom. No students were harmed.


CASPER, Wyo. (AP) — A Wyoming community college instructor killed in a grisly classroom murder-suicide was hailed as a hero Saturday, with police saying he gave his students time to flee by distracting and fighting off his son after the younger man barged into his computer science class and shot him in the head with a high-powered bow and arrow.

The arrow severely wounded James Krumm, 56, but he managed to wrestle with son Christopher Krumm, 25, of Vernon, Conn., on Friday while the handful of students in the Casper College classroom escaped.


Casper Police Chief Chris Walsh said police still were trying to figure out what motivated Christopher Krumm to attack his father and girlfriend, 42-year-old Heidi Arnold, a math instructor at the college. Arnold died of multiple stab wounds.

Authorities were uncertain what went awry in his relationship with his father.

‘‘It’s difficult to say. I don’t think it was very close,’’ Walsh said.


www.miamiherald.com...



It seems strange how many people seem to be loosing it, turning on their loved ones.
But a bow and arrow??? It's hard to imagine....


------------
Sat. morning there was a NFL player who shot and killed his girlfriend and then killed himself at his team practice facility. They have a 3 month old daughter.....
-----------

Very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with the families involved in both cases.



edit on 2-12-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)




posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I'll wait to hear what "medications" he was on before forming a hypothesis.

I do know a lot of NFL players are on Adderall, and God knows what else. They have a substance exemption for medications like Adderall, though it may inadvertently enhance their performance.

I use to take that stuff, it's no joke.
I remember strange & foreign thoughts entering my mind at different times, thoughts that weren't my own, which is why I called them foreign. I've heard similar statements from others on specific medications.

I'm pretty sure I've figured out what's going on with meds & peoples' abnormal behaviors, but I'll let you guys put those pieces together and figure it out on your own, if you haven't already.


edit on 2-12-2012 by JibbyJedi because: tyop



posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I'll wait to here what "medications" he was on before forming a hypothesis.

I do know a lot of NFL players are on Adderall, and God knows what else. They have a substance exemption for medications like Adderall, though it may inadvertently enhance their performance.

I use to take that stuff, it's no joke.
I remember strange & foreign thoughts entering my mind at different times, thoughts that weren't my own, which is why I called them foreign. I've heard similar statements from others on specific medications.

I'm pretty sure I've figured out what's going on with meds & peoples' abnormal behaviors, but I'll let you guys put those pieces together and figure it out on your own, if you haven't already.


edit on 2-12-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)



That's what I was wondering about, the medication, if any.

Now a days every other commercial on TV is pushing one kind of drug or another.

And the pharmaceutical companies don't put them on a 10- 15 year trial test like before, now it's like 24 weeks or so.
Then after they've made billions of dollars off a "bad drug" years later, then the FDA might recall it.

Many side effects do alter their way of thinking. Or act as a depressant.
Plus when they mix it with alcohol, there is no telling what else it does to them.

Spooky to say the least....

---------

On a side note, between my husband's medicine for his heart and now his sugar medication which has caused him to retain fluid so now he's on lasix, I have noticed a difference in his thought process plus his mood swings. Some times he doesn't register simple questions as quick, looks confused.
Also a key word can send him into a tizzy.

Luckily, I've researched all his medicines and know most of the side effects and keep up with any FDA warnings.

That being said, when he goes off into a tangent, I just blow it off. Because I know it's the medicine causing it.
All I can do is be here for him and over look the odd behavior.



posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412
 


I just want to encourage you to continue to keep the wonderful positive outlook about your husband's condition. It's great you understand that his episodes are not directed at you personally, but are merely a symptom. Don't allow it to get you down. Just continue showing him the love I'm sure he deserves, and the support he needs.


As for the bow and arrow attack: that is an absolutely hideous way to attack somebody, much less your own father! I could not imagine the horror that poor man felt. I pray his death was a painless as possible, considering the situation. This madness has got to stop. I know it won't, until that Eastern sky splits.
edit on 2-12-2012 by jeramie because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
people refuse to believe that evil forces exist. evil energies that can influence a persons thoughts and drive them mad.

they believe them and then start doing very evil things. and when they have accomplished whatever evil act they have committed, this "energy" leaves them, the torment stops and extreme guilt sets in at what they have done and end up killing themselves.

the bible describes one of these events in the New Testament, when Judas betrayed Jesus.

you can't claim to believe in Jesus, God and ignore the evil forces that are all around us.

you can't just chalk this up to low seratonin levels. and every psychological illness starts of with "no known cause" or "scientist don't know what causes it".

maybe they are looking at the wrong spot. the can describe the illness, but they refuse to acknowledge possible outside influences because of religious hatred.

i think the scientist that goes to where ever it leads him will make progress in this field. to accept these evil energies and then reverse or stop the damage they do to the brain.



posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
reply to post by snarky412
 


I just want to encourage you to continue to keep the wonderful positive outlook about your husband's condition. It's great you understand that his episodes are not directed at you personally, but are merely a symptom. Don't allow it to get you down. Just continue showing him the love I'm sure he deserves, and the support he needs.


As for the bow and arrow attack: that is an absolutely hideous way to attack somebody, much less your own father! I could not imagine the horror that poor man felt. I pray his death was a painless as possible, considering the situation. This madness has got to stop. I know it won't, until that Eastern sky splits.
edit on 2-12-2012 by jeramie because: (no reason given)


Thanks a bunch....we've been married for 27 yrs. so I know what's normal and what's not.
I hate what the drugs do to him yet at the same time, he needs them for his health.

As for the bow/arrow plus the stabbing with the knife, that sounds very personal and angry.
Maybe the police will know more in a few days as to what led up to this horrific act.



posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
people refuse to believe that evil forces exist. evil energies that can influence a persons thoughts and drive them mad.

they believe them and then start doing very evil things. and when they have accomplished whatever evil act they have committed, this "energy" leaves them, the torment stops and extreme guilt sets in at what they have done and end up killing themselves.

the bible describes one of these events in the New Testament, when Judas betrayed Jesus.

you can't claim to believe in Jesus, God and ignore the evil forces that are all around us.

you can't just chalk this up to low seratonin levels. and every psychological illness starts of with "no known cause" or "scientist don't know what causes it".

maybe they are looking at the wrong spot. the can describe the illness, but they refuse to acknowledge possible outside influences because of religious hatred.

i think the scientist that goes to where ever it leads him will make progress in this field. to accept these evil energies and then reverse or stop the damage they do to the brain.


Over the years, there have been about 2 or 3 people I have met that appeared "soul-less" if that makes sense.
Their eyes are cold and lifeless.
We call it "bad vibes".... when some thing about a person just doesn't feel right.

One person I had many interactions with unfortunately. They had no conscience or remorse about their bad behavior nor who it hurt. Including his own family.
In his mind "he didn't ask to be born therefore every body owed him". [his exact words]

So if a person is already off in the head, it probably wouldn't take much to push them over the edge.

And yes, you are right.
If one believes in God, then one must believe in Evil.
They go hand in hand IMO.....
Yin-Yang

Much respect~~
snarky




edit on 2-12-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412
 


Sent you a U2U




I was watching this on the news the other day, crazy,
although for this area a bow and arrow are just about as
common as a gun. (MT here).
Most hunters prefer to bow hunt, mainly because they get
more hunting time, and they enjoy the challenge.

Honestly i am surprised there are not more reports of attacks
with a compound bow.



posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
reply to post by snarky412
 


Sent you a U2U




I was watching this on the news the other day, crazy,
although for this area a bow and arrow are just about as
common as a gun. (MT here).
Most hunters prefer to bow hunt, mainly because they get
more hunting time, and they enjoy the challenge.

Honestly i am surprised there are not more reports of attacks
with a compound bow.



[Sent a reply...]


I will have to admit it is harder sneaking a bow inside than a gun.
My husband has a couple so I am familiar with their awkward size.
They did say the guy had it covered with a blanket though. But still.....

He shot his dad in the head with the arrow sticking out yet the father fought him long enough for the few kids in the class room to get out safely. Then the son stabbed him.....unbelievable.


[ETA: Read your thread ... hang in there buddy, wish you the best.]


edit on 2-12-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I'm with Jibby on this one.

What meds was he taking?
Was he under a doctor or psychologists care?
Did he, or his family, have any connections to government, or government programs?

BTW. Where are all the gun haters? Don't we need to ban all knives and archery equipment now?
Or is it OK because he didn't use a gun?



posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
wow.

This is exactly why bows shouldn't be legal.



posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by doesntmakesense
wow.

This is exactly why bows shouldn't be legal.


That's exactly what I thought when I first read the story. Where are the calls for bow control from the liberals?

And in regards to meds... what people willl think is "well that's proof he was nuts. Look at the mental meds he was on" (assuming that's teh case. But it very often is. We'll see.

They all think that maybe he needed MORE, not that he went off because he was taking them in the first place.

It really makes me wonder what's wrong. A generation or two ago, people didn't need these meds. Now suddenly lots of people need them.
edit on 2-12-2012 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4
 





It really makes me wonder what's wrong. A generation or two ago, people didn't need these meds. Now suddenly lots of people need them.


You are so right....even young kids are on meds now a days.

Since my husband is on so many different medicines, I've been doing a lot of research on pharmaceutical companies and their relationship with doctors and come to find out that some offer kick backs to doctors that push a certain drug.
Hence why there are more people prescribed drugs than in the old days.

They push drug commercials on TV like if it was a commercial for McDonalds or Cadillac.
A majority of our society has a pill poppin' dependency thanks to the doctors/pharmaceutical companies.

[NOTE: There are good medicines out there that many people need to maintain their health. This isn't about them.]






top topics



 
4

log in

join