It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Apology To The Mods, Members, & ATS Visitors

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I did do a search, and there are a few threads on this topic, but not from me.
I'm going to keep this short & hopefully sweet.

Being somewhat of a veteran member of ATS for nearly 2 years, I should be setting a better example with my posts. I was nearly banned last year for my misconduct, and I am grateful I was given another chance. I am a little embarrassed & disappointed in myself though.

Every time I have to make a mod go out of their way to remove 1 of my posts, or when I offend another visitor or member here with my sarcasm & apathetic disregard for their beliefs, I feel a remorse & anger at myself for my actions afterward.

For whatever it's worth, I apologize. I want to be a better Jedi than I was the previous day.

We all come from different backgrounds, we are all unique, in our own special ways, and each one of us is special. I am no better than any of you, (except when playing poker & xbox), and I appreciate all the time I've spent here learning and bettering myself because of all of your wisdom and advice.

Just wanted to express my appreciation for those who've had to deal with me, and for everyone I've gotten to know here. I want to remain a participating member here for as long as possible.

Thanks for having me.

edit on 2-12-2012 by JibbyJedi because: added smartass poker & xbox remark

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
If any members want to use this as a confessional and platform to apologize for the recent and/or past statements here, help yourselves.

I'm hopeful that this thread is a step in the right direction for setting a better example for member conduct here. We all should be conducting ourselves as best we can when participating here.

edit on 2-12-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I believe there are a lot of us who feel the same and are guilty of the same actions. I know I am.

Having said that, we all make mistakes and type before thinking way too many times. I'm especially guilty of drinking and posting.
Don't anyone laugh. We all do. You know who you are...as do I.

Well written and well said.

Peace

edit on 2-12-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thanks jude.

I'm especially guilty of drinking and posting. Don't anyone laugh. We all do. You know who you are...as do I.

The emotions get stronger with the spirits flowing through your veins.
We all need to head over to boncho's house 1 day and let loose I think.

I can also host if he cannot.

We need an unedited outlet to get this stuff out of our systems sometimes.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
We would like to apologize also. We sometimes forget what a scary world it can be out there and our screwed up sense of humor has caused a member some distress.

We hope you can forgive us (you know who you are) and realize we are harmless. We will be more thoughtful in the future.

We hope this stays in the recent page long enough for the offended party to see this.

Sincerely, tanda7

(thanks jedi s&f)
edit on 2-12-2012 by tanda7 because: s&f

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
i as a member
accept your pitiful apology

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe
i as a member
accept your pitiful apology

I am humbled beside your acceptance.

I wasn't going for pitiful but I guess I got there by a personality flaw.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Not pitiful at all jedi, takes courage to admit you're wrong. Thank you again.

edit on 2-12-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Amen...

I know I piss people off but I intentionally try to do just that, because I'm a twat like that.
I only post to troll trolls most of the time, so my remorse is minimum

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
Amen...

I know I piss people off but I intentionally try to do just that, because I'm a twat like that.
I only post to troll trolls most of the time, so my remorse is minimum

I'm honored a veteran like yourself chose my thread to troll my troll topic.

I remember the days when I was vigorous in my trolling the trolls, much anger has subsided in my later years. I don't know if I'm getting closer with the Force, or if I'm just getting too old & tired to be pissed off so often. Lots of after supper naps these days.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Around this time last year you gave me a chuckle on my apology thread. So here is one back at ya.

Keep your chin up.

We all let things get the better of us sometimes. I've never seen you post anything untoward though.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Nearly banned?

You aint a veteran member until you've been post banned at LEAST 3 times

I'm on 4 now....

But in all seriousness mate, we all have our moments. I remember writing a similar thread to this a year or so ago - then turning around and doing it again a few months later. Eventually though, you'll settle down

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

That is Big of you Jedi i really mean that. It takes guts to admit you were wrong, and i commend you for it.

But me on the other hand.
Only Joking.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Nearly banned?

You aint a veteran member until you've been post banned at LEAST 3 times

Nearly banned for good, on my 1st real incident causing post banning.
I guess they took it worse than I expected they might. Mucho whiskey that night.

I made a topic about a popular member, 1 of the most popular members, and it wasn't taken with the sense of humor I had hoped it would be.

I've only been post banned once, I doubt I'd get more than 3 chances.
When I do something, I don't half ass it. If I don't control my emotions better at times here, I'll never make the 3rd chance.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I checked in on that old thread of yours.
Was my advice of any benefit to you at the time?

Originally posted by Ferryman

That is Big of you Jedi i really mean that. It takes guts to admit you were wrong, and i commend you for it.

Nah, I've gotten use to apologizing for my behavior over the years.
It gets easier the more you do it I think. I think I'm on step 9.99999 by now & still climbing....

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible.

The 12 steps of AA

I still enjoy a good drink or 2 or 12 on occasion, I don't believe in quitting the drink completely, but moderation is best way, and I ain't no quitter.

edit on 2-12-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I never post drunk!

Okay, sometimes I may say stupid things when I have had a couple.

I'm drunk now.

We're all human. We all are fallable. It's all good.

If I had a dollar for any time I posted something stupid, I'd have a Kardashian proposing to me!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Your advice was well meaning but useless.

I still smoke, but not as often as I once did. As long as I am busy, I'm smoke free...but when bored I turn into a chimney.

Oh, and don't let yourself get banned, you and others are kind of like that old pair of jeans that you refuse to throw away if ya know what I mean.

The place wouldn't be the same without ya.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I guess I missed whatever you said that got you in trouble. The important thing is that you learned from your experience and have used the opportunity to grow as a person. It takes something special to admit when you are wrong and not everyone has that.

The dark side is tempting, it is. Glad you have foresaken it for the light. Stay the course, young Jedi!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
You all should follow my example. I am the pinnacle of good manners, charm, intelligence, and I always let people have their say. I never allow myself to try to shoot down peoples opinions nor their beliefs.

Edit: You're all dumb.

edit on 2-12-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
yes we all say stuff we regret, we let anger take over and at the time it sounds right. mostly when someone is ignorant in a subject we either call them stupid or offend them cause they're sheep.. Were all just human we make mistakes, I still say stuff without thinking, sometimes really bad stuff, that after thinking, I'm surprised I'm not arrested or anything haha. More or so when drinking, well they say, the truth and feelings comes out when ya drunk
cheers!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join