It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban attacks US base in Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Taliban attacks US base in Afghanistan

rt.com

Explosions and gunfire have been heard at a joint US-Afghan base as the Taliban claimed to have carried out an assault against the base in the Afghan city of Jalalabad.
Afghan officials confirm that the military base has been attacked in the east of country and fighting is ongoing, AP reports.
DETAILS TO FOLLOW
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This is breaking news; so, there is not much information yet. This is quite a bold move for the Taliban.

How can this happen unnoticed with all of the spy drones in the area? I would think that an attack of this magnitude would be recognized long before the attackers got close to a base.

It would be nice to hear from someone closer to the area.

rt.com

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up....further analysis would be apreciated for sure.....S&F

www.khaama.com...
edit on 1-12-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

6 suicide bombers ...
Taliban claim US casualties

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Was just reading the same thing.

ap.stripes.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Just business as usual. 5 suicide attackers, this is what the taliban does, they will be dead soon if they are not already imo.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by supertrot

This is breaking news; so, there is not much information yet. This is quite a bold move for the Taliban.

How can this happen unnoticed with all of the spy drones in the area? I would think that an attack of this magnitude would be recognized long before the attackers got close to a base.

rt.com

We don't know what kind of attack it is, so pretty difficult to speculate. It's in eastern Afghan, pretty close to Pakistan.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
So, hows that nation building working out for ya?

Same 'ol crap, I wish they'd move that "get outta dodge" time line up to...Now!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Waziristan? they just whacked a chief taliban with a hellfire just shortly ago......
Wonder if its payback?

www.khaama.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
aljazeera

Here is a bit more information from Aljazeera. All sources are saying that the Taliban have claimed responsibility; but, there is no mention of it being retaliatory.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif

rt.com

We don't know what kind of attack it is, so pretty difficult to speculate. It's in eastern Afghan, pretty close to Pakistan.

But we do know what kind of attack it was....Here....www.bbc.co.uk...#

Afghan intelligence officials told the BBC seven suicide attackers targeted the base in Jalalabad, and witnesses said that gunfire was heard. All the attackers and one Afghan guard were killed in the attack claimed by the Taliban, the officials said.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I really don't know what they hope to accomplish with these hit and run type attacks. There will be retaliation by the U.S. and the losses incurred will be much higher than anything they have gained with this attack.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman

Originally posted by bg_socalif

rt.com

But we do know what kind of attack it was....Here....www.bbc.co.uk...#

Afghan intelligence officials told the BBC seven suicide attackers targeted the base in Jalalabad, and witnesses said that gunfire was heard. All the attackers and one Afghan guard were killed in the attack claimed by the Taliban, the officials said.

Now we do, excellent!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Perhaps if we'd stop occupying their country...

There would be little aggression against the foreign invaders/occupiers...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
So seven Taliban suicide to kill one Afghan guard.

Seven to one.

I seriously worry about the Taliban business plan.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I totally agree. It blows my mind that they're still keeping soldiers overseas, all while the US continues to rot.

edit on 1-12-2012 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by supertrot

Who cares!!! Maybe the U.S.A should keep its nose out of other countries, and stop being idealists! Send your politicians to go to the middle east... lets see how fast they FIX THINGS or go running!

Let those guys kill each other off..

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I totally agree. It blows my mind that they're still keeping soldiers overseas, all while the US continues to rot.

edit on 1-12-2012 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

Yep, mine also.( blows my mind and pisses me off) I served, did my time. But...this, this now, is for nothing. Its just stupid.

As soon as we leave it will all go back to crap! Everybody knows that! Jeeze, its so damn crazy! And for the life of me I don't know why the current enlisted men and women put up with it. I really don't.

edit on 1-12-2012 by RUFFREADY because: added a "d" to serve-

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
I really don't know what they hope to accomplish with these hit and run type attacks. There will be retaliation by the U.S. and the losses incurred will be much higher than anything they have gained with this attack.

Put yourself in their shoes... Suicide attack is an accomplishment in their eyes. Someone has given their life for the cause of the organisation. When you have people doing that, it doesn't really matter.. Just remember, another 10-20 if not more are getting ready to do the same thing for that cause and they don't care if its a US mothers son that is blown to bits.. They don't care about debating on the internet, they don't care what we think or what the retaliation will be. They care about getting their land back at any cost even if it includes martyring themselves.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
So who planned this Op? I hate seeing news stories like this. All the people see is 'Taliban have attacked a US base!'

When the truth of it is 'US Soldiers and US Terrorists play another game together'.

Taliban are created by the US. They are just there to keep the FAKE WAR ON TERROR going. Little stories like this are put in place to keep the western pussies in their place. To keep them looking over their shoulders in fear of another US created 9/11 type attack.

People will say......But US soldiers have died in this attack!! And? Do u think the leaders of the US Military give a monkeys about their troops? NOPE!!!!

Cannon Fodder I think the term is. Kissinger basically said US troops were dumb animals used in sacrifices......Or words to that effect.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

Cannon Fodder I think the term is. Kissinger basically said US troops were dumb animals used in sacrifices......Or words to that effect.

You got it right......

“Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.”
― Henry Kissinger

Here's a couple of other quotes:

“America has no permanent friends or enemies, only interests”
― Henry Kissinger

“The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer.”
― Henry Kissinger

top topics

<<   2 >>

join