It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone have any experiences with visualization?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I've recently found about visualization techniques that can be used to shape the world around you. Basically you visualize what you want and your thoughts will began to change the world to better suite your desires. To say the least I'm intrigued and do believe it's quite possible. So I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with anything like this. If you're not sure what I'm talking about I'll provide a link below that will better explain what I'm talking about.

Links:
www.silvalifesystem.com...
www.wikihow.com...
www.self-help-and-self-development.com...
www.llewellyn.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
That crap is to suck in insecure and broken people. Makes them feel special so they buy into all that new age nonsense.

I have a close family member who sells this kind of snake oil. I can assure you, its BS

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Yes, I have found that when i strongly emit an emotion or a thought it tends to come back to me in unexpected ways!

For example, the other night I was rushing to pick my boyfriend up from work and I was worried I was going to be late. So i started speeding and getting angry at other drivers (tut tut me) and after the first red light, I thought "great, now i am going to hit all the red lights".... and suddenly I started to hit EVERY SINGLE red light, I kid you not, and every driver in front of me was going extremely slow.

Lesson learnt for me

I have not tried so much with positive visualization, but it would be interesting to see the effects.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Self-Assurance and repetition of certain words to yourself are much more powerful in terms of shaping the world around you.

"I can do it" said about 20 times before actually doing the task will create far better results than anything else.
edit on 1-12-2012 by Iwanttobeleaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
One of the first things I read on ATS was this thread and I put it into practice.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It works!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
yes that visualidation
or power of thought
or synchronicity
or emotion feeling bouncing sending
it all works
if u can handle it
but key is
u must be clear
crystal clear must be what u want and what purpose and effect u want
CRYSTAL! EXACT! CORRECT! TRUE! FEEL! MUST BE EFFECT! U WANT
period

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wwwchronos
yes that visualidation
or power of thought
or synchronicity
or emotion feeling bouncing sending
it all works
if u can handle it
but key is
u must be clear
crystal clear must be what u want and what purpose and effect u want
CRYSTAL! EXACT! CORRECT! TRUE! FEEL! MUST BE EFFECT! U WANT
period

Obviously you were never crystal clear about wanting to spell correctly.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
One of the first things I read on ATS was this thread and I put it into practice.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It works!
or maybe they just genuinely liked you? Wow what a concept!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwanttobeleaf
Self-Assurance and repetition of certain words to yourself are much more powerful in terms of shaping the world around you.

"I can do it" said about 20 times before actually doing the task will create far better results than anything else.
edit on 1-12-2012 by Iwanttobeleaf because: (no reason given)

Only a real defeated individual with no confidence or self esteem would have to do that.

The rest of us rely on knowledge and past experience.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wwwchronos

Yes, the key is to be clear in your desires and thoughts, then visualization becomes real and you may then reap. If this is the way to self-assurance, then bring it on.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jessasaurusreeex

I was not ten minutes ago attempting to navigate the self publishing process to publish the book I have written on just that very subject, so synchronicity is an interesting concept.
Here I thought writing the book was the hard part lol getting it thru the self publication process is a literal mind screw that challenges my attempts at positive thought in the process. All the positive thought in the world doesn't help you format a cover template lol.

It is a very interesting subject once you start working on your visualization skills. Meditating with intent is a great way to practice keeping your visualization focus. I suggest starting with focus on the breath, as in breathing in to a 5 count, hold for a five count and breathe out to a five count focusing on breathing in good energy or chi and breathing out your negativity. As you progress in practice your ability to focus your thoughts on one thing will get better and better.

This is part of basic Chi-kung, and just practicing this basic method will produce some interesting changes in your mindset and physical body as you begin to oxygenate your body and brain and give it the life force it needs to function properly. Proper breathing is a good first step in making positive changes in your world, as when you feel better you react differently to the diversity that comes your way.

You can use visualization to take your awareness anywhere and do anything you want to do once you learn to concentrate. The power of human thought is amazing and we are creators in our own right. If you doubt this simply look around you and everything you see is the product of human thought...realized.

Ignore the people in here trying to bring the negativity. Some people never dig into anything. I was once the same way, but over the years I have had my eyes pried open whether I wanted to see or not. There is most definitely more to the world than meets the eye, and some folks just haven't had their moment of realization yet.

Good luck on your path.

It remains interesting. Peace....
edit on 1-12-2012 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight
reply to post by wwwchronos

Yes, the key is to be clear in your desires and thoughts, then visualization becomes real and you may then reap. If this is the way to self-assurance, then bring it on.

Oh, and here I was working hard towards my goals like a sucker! Why didn't I think of that? Of course! Something from nothing, the laws of physics are probably wrong anyways.

Thanks for the info!.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

Yes, after all, the creator made us in his/her/it's own image...so we can manipulate energy.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Coopdog

Yes, after all, the creator made us in his/her/it's own image...so we can manipulate energy.

We do manipulate energy, power plants use spinning turbines to create an electrical current at 60hz.

How did you become so smart?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

The more you think you know, the less you really know.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

The more you think you know, the less you really know.

Oh please, you just claimed that human beings have cosmic powers, that we are special somehow, and then you spew a quote like that?

Give me a break.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I started pursuing this as a means to relax from my stressful 60 hr a week worklife. My wife and I took a meditation class and I had no intent to do anything profound other than sleep. In a very short time my perceptions changed as I began to have one awakening after another just from simple meditation.

There is not much of anything that I have ever tried that has produced such profound benefits with so little effort. If you put half the effort into practicing instead of trolling you might just change your own perceptions without even realizing it. Hard for me sometimes to realize that you are just me giving myself a hard time, probably just because of the negative mindset I have allowed myself to fall into today. It all feeds on itself and manifests no matter if you intend it or not.

We have to learn that every thought counts, and negativity and ridicule have never improved anything.When more of us catch on to that simple concept the world will become a better place.

Peace...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

But, where's your high physics jargon now?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Anyone else with experiences not a physics lesson?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Don't need em. I used to think religious people were batsh1t crazy. Jehovah's witnesses, Mormons, the kids in the Satan cult who spray paint pentagrams at the park. Now I invite them into my home when they come knocking because as wrong as I think they are in their beliefs, they still make a hell of a lot more sense, and base more of their beliefs on factual evidence than the whole lots of you new age nutjobs.

Plus, as I stated earlier, I have a very close family member who has somehow convinced thousands of people that they are an authority on the subject, and she's an absolute fraud, and so is the whole concept.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join