It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever try Cayce Meditation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Edgar Cayce has always fascinated me regardless of whether his predictions were accurate or not. I was just curious if anyone had ever tried Cayce method of meditation? If so any cool stories? Doesnt matter if you think they were just your body playing tricks on you or something more than that.

I have tried it a few times to de-stress during graduate school. Odd body feelings and brain creating some images mostly. However, one day when I was so exhausted but could not sleep I tried it for the heck of it, figuring it might help me relax. I eventually did feel like all my stress was gone and felt like I was floating. As I was enjoying the experience I heard something scream a phrase into my ear. The phrase plus the experience overall launched me out of my bed and when I composed myself I realized my clothes were soaked with sweat. Very intense experience
. Closest thing I can compare it to is a really intense session of the Ganzfeld Expirement.

For those of you who arent familiar with the method I am talking about here is a short description. Casey Meditation

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I would say I do not mediate like this. When I meditate I try to be as thoughtless as possible and concentrate on my breath. That's all. I don't say phrases or imagine.

Cayce explained that during this stage we may feel ourselves expanding or becoming “buoyant,” even “levitating” (not necessarily physically, but our soul-self levitating and expanding as it rises). I found that my physical head would be drawn up and back slightly as I felt this ascending and expanding.

That's exactly what I experience during some more profound meditation sessions.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Philosophile

Yea the actually Cayce group website has most of these as well.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Back, what, 7-8 years ago I had tried something that had similar results. I was convinced that we are spiritual beings held in the illusion of the physical by our senses, and the thoughts of our mind. The only proof I would have of success is the documenting of the dreams I had on prophecies.us but I was told the site was hacked and all of the information lost. I'm sure some of those people come here now but under different names. I don't know if it being hacked and everything lost is true but I was trying to get the original dreams to post on other sites. Some of them have come true but some have yet to happen. I stopped what I was practicing when it seemed to be taking an unpleasant turn.

Towards the end of it I was having a scary voice say "wake up" in the mornings and I would go from being very much asleep to as awake and conscious as I am now. With the exception of me being scared #less and my heart pounding violently in my chest. Needless to say, I thought it was a good time to stop.
edit on 2-12-2012 by Apollumi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Apollumi

I certainly understand the fear aspect.
. Ive only had that one experience, like I said, but the voice was so clear and loud I would describe it as thunderous I guess. Snapped me out of whatever trance or relaxation I was in.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by onfire49

Cayce and Theosophy is worth studying,

Not really worth applying though,

Stick to Mainstream Christian practices-faith for best results

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

Care to elaborate? Is this a religious thing on par with the priest who said yoga is an instrument of the devil?

top topics

join