It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans and their Love of Fearmongering Words

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I just dispise the bandwagon jumping that goes on in the USA. With the latest cherry on top being "the fiscal cliff". Talk about over dramatising everything. First it was the A-Rabs, then it was the Terrorists, to breed fear into the American population and now it is the bloody fiscal cliff. But the media love it and run with all these power words and phrases and before you know it the damn american people are lapping it up and buying into the artificial fear being fed to them by the government. It damn annoys me, and I realise that many on here are not lapping it up like the majority of Americans, yet you still see these words used in anger on these forums. Let me get this straight, there is no fiscal cliff, there is no singular point that will bring financial armageddon if your government don't agree on a new budget. There are no real terrorists aside from the CIA and they are not called A-Rabs. FFS get a grip sheeple.

My appologies to those open minded Americans to who this does not apply.

edit on 1-12-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

The guys in the US seem to like their rhetoric.

My fave was in Farenheit 911 with the clip of Bush saying 'Smoke im out' almosy endlessly

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
the msm stopped reporting news along time ago.

now its erin burnett and her sexy legs starting the ball rolling and saying how can america avoid the fiscal cliff.

without actually explaining what the "fiscal cliff" is, how america got there or silly things like facts.

then queue a panel of 3 talking heads nobody ever heard and will never hear of again rapid firing incomprehensible gibberish and conflicting opinions on how to "fix it."

after your head hurts, you think you're in mortal danger and go to work the next day and start converstations with your co-workers spewing the falsehoods you heard the night before.

and before you know it, your boss calls you in and says your laid off because of the fiscal cliff.

and then you drive home thinking wtf just happened?

edit on 1-12-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Sounds about right. Our minds are constantly being warped by the Idiot Box we all tune into at tea time.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Americans and their Love of Fearmongering Words

I hate to break it to you, but I don't care what country you're from - chances are, people do it there too. It's a very popular technique for shifting the blame and creating a need for predesignated solution. People are far too willing to be fearful, because they are far too willing to judge, because they are far too unhappy with life now because their leaders are far too busy serving themselves.

It's not just America. It's EARTH.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

State of Fear.....

The short answer is control. If the powers that be can keep you in fear, they can control you.

When one "fear" plays out, there is another one that's created.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I know you have heard "Order out of chaos". That is all it is.............I am American and it makes me sick to keep hearing it, but it seems to be working out very well as usual in this country!

Just look at how it is creating MORE division in the US. All we need now is a racial incident and between the "fiscal cliff" and that the government scumbags can usher their pathetic arses into their underground bunkers while we all kill each other on the surface.

Then those that survive that welcome our controlling masters to save our pathetic, brain washed asses! Most of us in this country do not realize that as soon as TPTB are done using our military for their global conquest, that, that, will be the time when we will realize that we are in worse shape than the people of Greece and Spain!

Maybe then some of us in America will show the rest of the world we have some balls instead of just talking about how bad ass we are......until then......................those of us who talk about a revolution will be demonized and called traitors and told to pack our stuff and move to a better place......

Edit....Before someone calls me a terrorist for saying the "R" word and chastise me for suggesting something that may kill many people, let me ask you why you don't mind our government creating revolts in other countries and calling unneccesary deaths "blow back" or "collateral damage". Kinda nice how changing one word to another makes it justifiable in our pathetic little minds......
edit on 1-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join