It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion in Gaza amid fragile ceasefire with Israel

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Bloody hell!!!!

Alright, here we go. More sleepless nights with the live cam crew.

I suppose Israel is going to say this is in retaliation to the bus attack that happened weeks ago now? They always have some excuse for their actions, which they should how ever it's been a while since Gaza has done anything to Israel. There should be a time frame for these things. I'm going to look into it a little bit.

Seems it's not the first incident of Gaza being upset with Israel over breaking terms of the truce.

Hamas complains to Egypt Israel violated truce.

Gaza officials say IDF killed Palestinian demonstrator at border in violation of cease-fire; Erdogan: Israel guilty of ethnic cleansing

Could this be a motivating factor in the attacks???

Palestinian Authority to go to ICC over illegal settlements

The Palestinian Authority hinted Saturday that it was considering complaining to the International Criminal Court against Israel for approving the construction of 3000 housing units in east Jerusalem and the West Bank.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
reply to post by GrantedBail

Hamas could have done this to create a false flag.

Not out of the realm of possibility.

In Syria the terrorist/rebels are attacking civilians and blaming it on the Syrian government. Seems like a tactic they use often.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Possible, but it's a hell of a lot easier to get weapons in syria, than it is in gaza.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Jihan Hafiz ‏@JHafiz22
At Shifa docs skeptical about airstrike/tank.. said injuries resemble benzene tank explosion. common accident in #Gaza

twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by madenusa

indeed
www.thejidf.org...

"The Jewish Internet Defense Force (JIDF) is a private, independent, non-violent protest organization* representing a collective of activists, operating under the name "Jewish Internet Defense Force" since the massacre at the Mercaz HaRav Yeshiva in Jerusalem. We're on the cutting edge of pro-Israel digital online advocacy, presenting news, viewpoints, and information throughout a large network reaching hundreds of thousands via email, Facebook, YouTube, RSS feeds, Twitter, and other digital hubs to those who share our concerns for Israel and about antisemitic and jihadist online content"

*[pull the other one]
provided by member CorruptionExposed

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
After another look the reports seem conflicting and too vague to be sure.

One thing is certain, there are people in Gaza who would do anything to provoke Israel, and/or to blame anything on them. IF the Israelis had broken the ceasefire they would have made it very clear by now.
edit on 1-12-2012 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by TheComte

Possible, but it's a hell of a lot easier to get weapons in syria, than it is in gaza.

Especially when in Syria the weapons are being made available by the west and Israel to "rebels" via proxies in Turkey.

In Gaza, with the Muslim Brotherhood controlling the border with Egypt and Iran more than willing to supply weapons and rockets, Hamas can and will be armed.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Iran attacked gaza

oldest trick in the books

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
Iran attacked gaza

oldest trick in the books

Really? Care to provide us with a source for your claim?

Your post only serves to misinform and make the situation more convoluted.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder

Hamas shelled themselves with what,all they got are home made rockets

Hamas has tunnels used for smuggling from Egypt, through the Egypt/Gaza border.

This ceasefire will give them an opportunity to resupply with better weaponry and missiles (from Iran).

Iran claims that they supplied Hamas only the missile technology for the longer range missiles used during the recent conflict, and that Hamas was able to "quickly build and launch them on their own"

There were Iranian military advisers in Gaza according to some intelligence reports, and now with a good test of Israeli defenses Hamas can be resupplied with more effective weapons. They aren't planning for peace, they are preparing for war, and ultimately they desire a united Muslim war against Israel, one which has only one goal. Annihilation.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Then they better aquire some nukes because they will surely be anihalated with some if they have any success at that at all........
I am tired of the posturing....kill each other off and good riddance to both sides......
Phoney bustards are all pathalogical liars when ot comes to propaganda......
screw em.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Then they better aquire some nukes because they will surely be anihalated

Do you believe they care about the people of Gaza?

If recent events have not exposed the disregard Hamas has for the lives of innocents in Gaza and Palestinian areas to you nothing will. Ultimately they are all glorious martyrs and can be sacrificed. If Hamas attacks Israel and Israel retaliates against only Gaza, then that would be acceptable to them.

The deaths of innocents are great propaganda used to turn world opinion against Israel, in fact just go through some threads here at ATS and read posts to find out how effective that propaganda is. Hamas hides behind and among women and children in Gaza for that very reason.

Enjoy the calm before the real storm, pray for peace.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

This always bugs me... We always here how Hamas is smuggling Iranian Technology in through Egypt... only problem is. Egypt is on the opposite side of Israel from Iran... Weapons have to go from Iran, across several countries and seas to get to egypt, then they are smuggled into Gaza?

Here, I grabbed a map for you. Iran is outlined in red with a red star, egypt has the green star. Israel is outlined in blue, the gaza strip is the tiny yellow line.

I'm sure it could be done, but there are plenty of nations they have to get the goods past before it can even get to Egypt, let alone into gaza. You'd think this superior Israeli technology and information could identify the shipments before they got there. I mean, considering the goods have to cross US Occupied territory and allied nations to even get to egypt let alone into gaza.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

Originally posted by Bilder

Hamas shelled themselves with what,all they got are home made rockets

Hamas has tunnels used for smuggling from Egypt, through the Egypt/Gaza border.

The op said "shelled" that would imply using some sort of artillery piece,I doubt that would fit in a tunnel

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by Twilightgem

There seems to be conflicting reports. Link to Harry Fear Twitter: Link

Harry is not a journalist and he is not a reporter. He rarely provides any evidence for anything he says. If anything, he makes a perfect model for the propaganda machine.
edit on 1-12-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: typo

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

You really believe that it is difficult for Iran to ship to Egypt?

Really?

lol

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I don't think it's difficult for anyone to ship anything anywhere, I'm simply saying why doesn't Israel and it's mighty military with super natural intelligence stop the shipments mid way. The US has done it, hell a few months back the UK put a stop to a russian shipment of arms to Syria. It would make more sense to stop the arms on their many miles before they got a chance to be smuggled into Gaza. Saves lives, still makes the Israeli's look good.

Seems rather convenient is all.

I just thought I'd throw this in for kicks. Why not smuggle Egyptian Arms, from Egypt. They are just as effective as the Crap Hamas has been using to date. In fact I think they far surpass typical Hamas weapons. Far easier, quicker, and faster to restock. Seems like an awful lot of money for Iran to donate and ship weapons pro-bono to Gaza. Not to mention, according to the Western world Hamas are terrorists, and we all know what happens when you support terrorists. Seems like a set up if I've ever seen one. Thousands in weapons, shipping and man power. High risk for their image on the global scene. I have a hard time, and it's not one or two rockets it's HUNDREDS. Someone would see, or locate them some where along the way.
edit on 1-12-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

I don't think it's difficult for anyone to ship anything anywhere, I'm simply saying why doesn't Israel and it's mighty military with super natural intelligence stop the shipments mid way. The US has done it, hell a few months back the UK put a stop to a russian shipment of arms to Syria. It would make more sense to stop the arms on their many miles before they got a chance to be smuggled into Gaza. Saves lives, still makes the Israeli's look good.

Seems rather convenient is all.

They can't possibly check the contents of every ship and commercial vessel in that gulf shipping region, but they have intercepted a few shipments. It isn't hard to ship weapons intermingled with legitimate freight, in fact it happens more often in that region than you could possibly imagine. Humanitarian shipments directly to Gaza would not be a good way to get weapons to Hamas, but shipping to Egypt and smuggling them in through the Egypt/Gaza border tunnels is quite easy. It isn't like Israel can tell Egypt what they can or cannot do with their own borders.

Look at your map again, look how small Israel is, and look at the Muslim nations that surround them. Look at the coastal gulf areas and popular shipping routes. It should be painfully easy to see how easy it can be.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
I just thought I'd throw this in for kicks. Why not smuggle Egyptian Arms, from Egypt. They are just as effective as the Crap Hamas has been using to date. In fact I think they far surpass typical Hamas weapons. Far easier, quicker, and faster to restock. Seems like an awful lot of money for Iran to donate and ship weapons pro-bono to Gaza. Not to mention, according to the Western world Hamas are terrorists, and we all know what happens when you support terrorists. Seems like a set up if I've ever seen one. Thousands in weapons, shipping and man power. High risk for their image on the global scene. I have a hard time, and it's not one or two rockets it's HUNDREDS. Someone would see, or locate them some where along the way.

I am sure the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt would love to directly supply Hamas in Gaza with weapons, however when that is discovered (it wouldn't be difficult) then the peace accords between Israel and Egypt would be dead, the Israelis would likely see it as an act of war by Egypt and well... That would be really bad. It is bad enough as it is now, but If Egypt were to be found to be directly supplying Hamas it would not end well.

As it is now, Egypt can maintain plausible deniability over the smuggling of weapons from other countries into Gaza. I'm sure they want to keep it that way. They kind of like the BILLIONS the U.S. pays them to keep their agreements for peace with Israel.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Since when does being muslim have anything to do with this? Just because a nation is muslim, does not mean they support terrorists. It would by and far be incredibly foolish to attempt to ship arms directly to Gaza, as Gaza is with in Israeli borders. Israel has absolute control of what goes into Gaza from Israel, by sea, and across it's borders. This is why Gaza resorts to building tunnels.

The shipments still need to be unloaded in Egypt at a harbor, and transported to an area where the tunnels are. I suppose I can understand one or two rockets here and there being brought into Egypt on Smaller vessels, making a trip by truck to the openings of the tunnels and getting smuggled in. Egypt is just as active in shutting down Gazan tunnels as Israel. Once they are discovered they are destroyed, as well Egypt does not want to be associated with aiding terrorism.

My question remains, why not buy black market arms from Egypt itself? Why would Iran Send arms all that way.

I shouldn't need to remind you, Saudia Arabia, Kuwait, and Iraq are either US allies or occupied territory. Their may be large powerful arab nations in the area, but Israel is not as vulnerable as you make them out. The entire area is dotted with western allies. Israel has a modern Navy and quite often patrols as well as polices the shipping waters of the area, given the threat of terrorism, stepping up shipping security in the area is cheaper, and less likely to cost lives than to bomb the Gazans looking for arms. Logistically this makes more sense than playing the same old game over and over. Egypt has been part of the current cease fire, and is willing to work towards providing peace for the area. Israel could begin working with Egypt prevent any attempts at arms moving into Gaza( Egypt plays a role in this already.)

I'm personally tired of hearing it's Iran. It's always Iran when Israel is involved.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join