It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History of Doomsday & Apocalypse FAILURES

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well this thread has taken on a life of it's own. Good to see people still discussing the supposed event to come.
The date is fast approaching time will tell as usual.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
An apocalypse (Ancient Greek: ἀποκάλυψις apocálypsis, from ἀπό and καλύπτω meaning 'un-covering'), translated literally from Greek refers to a revelation of something hidden.

I find it funny that most of those lamenting an apocalypse have no idea that the word does not mean the destruction of the world.

We should be embracing the coming apocalypse, if it is coming, because revealing hidden information is a good thing.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Wonder how people are going to feel come Dec 22 when:

world won't end 12/21/12
you will not ascend
Earth will not go 4D
Aliens wont come down to solve the problems we are too lazy to fix ourselves.
no "mass consciousness awakening" will take place
No WW3
you do not have psychic abilities
you are not a special and unique snowflake.
Jesus wont be coming to judge you.
Nibiru wont destroy the Earth.

Should make a thread so all the depressed folk can gather.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
I find it funny that most of those lamenting an apocalypse have no idea that the word does not mean the destruction of the world.

Never implied it did...

We should be embracing the coming apocalypse, if it is coming, because revealing hidden information is a good thing.

All those previous incarnations have failed too but this one is different? .

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Do you believe things that have been hidden, are spontaneously going to appear from an Apocalypse?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Do you believe things that have been hidden, are spontaneously going to appear from an Apocalypse?

Did you read the definition?

I don't think anything is going to happen on Dec 21st.

But if it did, and if it was an apocalypse, it would not be a doomsday event, it would be a great revelation.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The Millerites

William Miller is perhaps the most famous false prophet in history. In the 1840s he began to preach about the world's end, saying Jesus Christ would return for the long-awaited Second Coming and that Earth would be engulfed in fire sometime between March 21, 1843, and March 21, 1844. He circulated his message in public gatherings and by using the technologies of the day — posters, printed newsletters and charts. Moved by those messages, as many as 100,000 "Millerites" sold their belongings between 1840 and 1844 and took to the mountains to wait for the end. When that end didn't come, Miller changed the date to Oct. 22. When Oct. 23 rolled around, his loyal followers explained it away yet again and went on to form the Seventh-day Adventist movement. Read more: www.time.com... #ixzz2EL30jOpD

Top 10 End-of-the-World Prophecies

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
reply to post by SLAYER69

2012 isnt going to fail..There is too much in cultures, traditions and dare i say religion speaking of a day to come.
Since 12 has been a motif, and we are in 2012 i tend to think this is the date that will be.
What if you're proven wrong?
Would you start changing the world for good as per your belief system?
Would you stop preaching on ATS?
If you're right then none of us have to worry about anything right? (as the world wouldn't exist anymore)
History is full of distortions. Not to mention that reading/writing was a luxury only the elites could enjoy until the invention of printing machines. The masses were ruled/controlled/governed using generally a one person's viewpoints/hallucinations/dreams/prophecies/predictions/trippins
The leaders/rulers knew about it but not the masses. In our times, its the technology that is used to control the masses.
edit on 7-12-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Well this thread has taken on a life of it's own. Good to see people still discussing the supposed event to come.
The date is fast approaching time will tell as usual.
The only bad part about 2012 is that I wasn't aware back in the 90's when I was too busy making money on Y2K
I would have setup a good profitable business perhaps building bunkers? selling freeze dried foods? teaching survival tricks, food cultivation/preservation techniques etc etc
I wonder what will be next after 2012?
Good ole yankee entrepreneurship
or should I sound like politicians 'never let a crisis situation go to waste'

edit on 7-12-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
you forgort y2k ragnarok and heavens gate church i beleave thats the ones. they killed themselves because the end was near? also the crazy preacher dude's prophecy's of bull crap. if the rapture are apocalypse is going to occur. well lets say 2012/ on the 21 will be that day. the only one im concerned about. but not the way u think. i want the rapture to happen. i want the appocalypse to happen. i want an alien invasion to happen. the only thing that want happen is universal conchusness. alot of you meditate it gives you answers right. ask it the lottery number. ask it the cure for aids. ask it to tell you where treasure is burried. when you get that answer it will be wrong. i live for here and now meditation makes u stupid the gov knows that it puts u in phycossis. same as a schizophrenic death could be knocking at youre door but u wouldnt care ur at peace with the world. im not and dont wanna be i like violence destruction mayhem. and life and death as we know it.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
my reason why??b because thats the real nature of things if you throw a rabbit in a den of lions does he deny himself that food? no he tears it to peaces. if you throw youre self off a mountain while meditating and 100000 percent beleave u can fly. what happens? you die we have seen this billions of times idiots on substances. who truly beleave die. my bottom line. while youre praying and meditating iam going to be packing my bug out bag my guns and fueling my car with premium. because global warmings a lie and meditation is to brain wash u stupid sheep. go ahead think youll be reincarnated when you reach the burner after youre a pile of dust. ill say he reached nirvana. he truly surpassed pain. because he is dead. sorry to rant i just dont wanna hear about becoming one with the universe if you want to make love to a hole in the ground. u will then learn no you and the universe are on two diff pages as you die from staff infection in ur urethra. not trolling just stating that is stpd.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
btwy nice post that rant wasnt aimed at you guys i was just saying how it is with certain people. no better yet what if he says it want happen and he makes a butterfly effect when he types on his keyboard. the earth tips off its axis breaks loose from gravity and smacks the sun lol.!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
sorry im having technical issues lol
edit on 12-12-2012 by anotheramethyst because: im sorry!! still getting used to this type of forum

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Sorry folks - I just found out it's all real, and really gonna happen. Just checked the weather reports for the 21st, and found this:

Man, do I ever have egg all over MY face!

I'm starting in on that case of Bacardi's right now...

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join