It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History of Doomsday & Apocalypse FAILURES

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I feel the 21st may signal the start of the 7year tribulation.MANY of the final pieces will begin to rapidly move into place now.Be watchful,be wise...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Never before in the history of this planet has mankind been more vulnerable,
Population,
Latest official current world population estimate, for mid-year 2011, is estimated at 7,021,836,029.

The majority are dependent, if there were to be a mass extinction event, even peppers wont make it.

Never before in the history of this planet have the nations been so unstable.

Never before has this planet been so polluted.
Oceans Are Dying, the rivers are polluted.
Deforestation
Mass extinction of species,
www.nytimes.com...
Pollution,
library.thinkquest.org...
Nuclear waste,
Chemical weapons and their disposal
www.livescience.com...

The stage is set for the perfect storm.

But I know how the story ends.
edit on 073131p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

When people and governments let things get out of hand because of indifference, lack of leadership, interest only in money, various other minor distractions.......isn't this exactly what happens?

We have ourselves to blame. Well technically not me because I do all I can to make a difference in this rat race world, not that I am perfect either. Everyone makes mistakes occasionally. It is the frequent intentional ones that are unforgivable.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

I do hope Aliens come back, that would be cool, and could spell the 'end' of life as we know it but it won't be the 'end'.

Nah. The illuminati will back stab everyone. Israel-Palestine is a done deal. Even stupid people can see there is little chance of any peaceful resolutions. America is pro-israel, russia/china is pro-palestine. No conditions necessary. Unconditional support 100%

Some part of the human species will always survive. Probably those who chose to live as close, and in harmony, with nature as possible. In all honesty they're the only ones truly worthy of it.

Yeah those that live underground will survive. 7 billion is a lot of people anyway. Not enough fish and birds for everyone, nevermind the out of control pollution factor.

America has $16 trillion in debt. $2.3 trillion unaccounted for by the pentagon one day before 9-11! Strangely enough the missle/plane hit the new part were all the records were stored. Can't have people know the government is building doomsday shelters and reverse engineering alien tech. People can't handle the truth.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Wow alot of opinions here.

Yes there alot of doom predictors that were very wrong.

Let me throw 3 lines of thought out here and see where it leads.

What if the doomsday and apocalypes failures were not caused by being wrong, but being prevented by either others, planing and blind luck be it overt or covert?

Then people/press/history mock the doomsayers.

Let me give three examples explaining this.

One of the most famous one is the Y2K.

Now alot predicted gloom, doom, end of humanity, ect.
Well nothing happened major and everyone reported it was all hype.

Now I looked into it and was saw that for it being "hype" why did government/industry/military/ect spend MILLIONS OF MAN HOURS and untold billions of dollars for programmers to fix a "hyped up problem"?

Is it possible we saw/predicted doomsday but due to the efforts of planning it was not hype but we averted it?

The second is the predicted astroid hits that gloom and doom predict but seem to miss us?

Now scientist claims the odds are XX millions to one. But then if you do some research the same scientists predict xx named rock (sorry I don't remember the name) that if it its just right the "keyhole" in space that it will change the course to a direct hit. But we don't know EXACTLY how this keyhole works or even will know it did till the time to stop it is too short?

Is this an example of not hype but a predicted doomsday that averted or caused by no control of our own?

Third and most scary is the report in russia of "dead hand" system incident (note this was not the only one by far)

www.wired.com...

It was predicted for years of nuclear doomsday and one person not only prevented it, but it was covered up for years.

Second line of thought is why does it have to be all distruction or all "hype"?

What if a prediction came partly true but no one in press/power want to give any credit to the whistleblower (as it were)?

The third what if some part or all of a prediction has come to pass but the powers that be cover it up?

Just throwing some ideas out there/

edit on 3-12-2012 by scrounger because: clear up error

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
See but I don't think the world is going to end and

even if the world does end, well, the earth itself would continue on, don't you think?

Or maybe not.

I'm really tired and so I don't know if what I'm saying makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for reading. If you did.

And, if you didn't... well... you missed a pleasant little post. You did.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
the other predictions wernt made thousands of years ago like 2012 was though

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I think we are on a gradual incline towards a systematic Extinction level event by our own doing.

Eventually we will hunt out all of the main animals, and destroy our ecosystems on a local level until it disrupts bigger patterns that cannot be reversed.

From there I see the ELE as cannibalistic.

but that's unlike any of these scenarios like floods or acts of god.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
A point of fact....using the word Apocolypse in its real context does not mean the end of the world, truth be told the meaning of the word denotes Un-covering its true meaning... not the later hi-jacked word used in Religion..

edit on 3-12-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Don't worry folks if 2012 does not happen? We get the fiscal cliff manufactured by our dear doomsayers and prophets in Washington. So don't start selling off your stockpiles of canned goods, bottled water, and bags of rice just yet.

This whole 2012 hoopla is one big multi-billion dollar racket and people are eating it up hook line and sinker. I would not be surprised if people across the globe turn out their lights as a result of fear conjured up by snake oil salesmen, and con artists. If this latest doomsday scare fizzles out? We can be sure some yahoo will come along to cash in on the next one. People can be so gullible and naive. The unfortunate thing is that some people die as a result of this self-induced hysteria caused by the cult leaders, mainstream media, and pop culture. Doomsday will be rescheduled if the latest one does not happen as planned.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
WELL maybe nothing will happen - HOPEFULLY nothing will happen - but - the government through the use of television shows, movies, advertising and so forth is basically preparing us for something - Ancient Aliens, Doomsday preppers, 2012 documentaries which both deny and affirm that the world will end - i don’t like it but i think that now they finally have the technology to fake a doomsday using earthquakes and solar storms and hurricanes - GOOD LUCK to them but i gotta feeling you cant mess wit the UNIVERSE like that - The EARTH itself will MESS UP their plans it’s called KARMA and it’s a science - balance will be achieved -YOU DONT MESS WITH THE UNIVERSE. EVERY SINGLE ATOM on this planet will become actively controlled by the universe and will punish the sinners. That’s including the atoms in you and me, plants and animals and even the rocks and air and sea and fire. We aint gonna die - THEY are going to be EXPOSED - that’s the apocalypse- it’s their apocalypse not ours.THEY wrote the Bible- its THEIR end of days. All we have to do is ENJOY THE SHOW YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAWWW ENJOY THE RIDE EVERYONE...........ITS GONNA BE A HELL OF A RIDE.

“OOOOOUU WEEE WHAT A RUSH! “(John Travolta, Broken Arrow 1996)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Anyway, it is good to be prepared always for any kind of scenario, for any case.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

S&F! Nice list, too; many cases I didn't know about! Interesting reading. I think you are right, and that there will be people panicking, and doing stupid things on or just before that date. We saw people acting foolishly just before 2000, and more recently, before that one old fellow made "end of the world" predictions. Selling their possessions, etc. I would not be surprised, either, to see suicide cults, and so forth, using this as a catalyst. People are always certain (as a group) to do something totally nuts. Well, not me. Planning Christmas, buying gifts, etc.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Good post. Very Interesting.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Reminds me somehow of the "Claimant of Buddhahood" list on wiki.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy

2012 isnt going to fail..

There is too much in cultures, traditions and dare i say religion speaking of a day to come.

Since 12 has been a motif, and we are in 2012 i tend to think this is the date that will be.

If you look at all those failed predictions including Y2K, non of them had a rich background as to why things would occur, unlike 2012.

I'm not trying to have a go at you slayer, this is the internet, and i like your avatars.

What are your predictions for the big date in a few weeks time? I find this all very fascinating.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I remember back in 1999 when everyone thought the end of the world was going to happen in 2000. As far as I can tell, I'm still here. I've also noticed that there doesn't seem to be much of a consensus on exactly how the world is going to end. All that aside, our sun is growing and I think in a few billion years or so it will have become large enough to suck the earth into it. There are also any number of space rocks large enough to wipe out all life on earth should they collide with the ground and then there is the possibility that we will just take care of the issue ourselves simply by launching nuclear weapons. From my understanding, most of all these "dire" predictions are because the Mayan calendar has suddenly stopped. While I'm not well versed in the whole Mayan issue, it's my understanding that they were exceptional at predicting celestial events and for some reason they were unable to predict anything beyond Dec. 21st. As far as I know, none of our telescopes have detected any large space rocks heading to earth or have we found that the sun has suddenly grown exponentially and is sucking the earth into it's grasp. Now in the more UFO/Paranormal areas, there has been talk of a hidden planet orbiting the sun that will cause a pole shift that will destabilize the earth's crust and then a bunch of ET's will come to:
A. Take all those who have requested or willing off the planet.
B. Reduce the severity of the pole shift.
In either instance, it's not the actual end of the world just a cataclysm that's likely to wipe out most of the life on the planet.
If I were the paranoid believer, I would have a UFO landing pad in my backyard and a space-rocket prepared and ready to land me on the moon. However, I'm simply going to be doing the normal things like investing in kool-aid and sleeping pill markets and then on the 22nd I'll be hanging out with my friends at the globalradioalliance.com for the "we are still here" party. (sorry, shameless plug there. *grin*)
If this has gotten off topic or a bit chaotic, blame my ADD or unlucky goats. *shrug*

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma

People can appear to have everything you describe, yet they have no inner peace. Chained to the mundane, bound by debt for material things, they are sad and lost. What better way to escape? It leaves them without the burden of responsibility.
I agree with you on this at the same time I also feel its the lack of activity and too much time on hand with many individuals in general that breeds the social/media/political fear m ongers who generally capitalize on the weak minds
In addition, the animal/mammalian instincts to kill and destroy the competition are not completely erased in the hompsapiens

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
15 days to go for another " Apocalypse FAILURE"

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I don't believe for a second that the world will end on the 21st. I am of the opinion that any tragic happenings will be the result of people who do believe it's the end doing something stupid as other posters have surmised. I do believe, that there will unfortunately be incidents of that nature among those who believe that end date and are less than mentally stable. I wonder though, since it's to occur on december 21st, which timezone should we use to determine when it's after midnight and thus...the end of days? (

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Absolutely nothing of significance will happen on that date, except for a bunch of mainstream alternative type people being disappointed.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join