It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History of Doomsday & Apocalypse FAILURES

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Thank you

That is the thrust of this thread.
I'll practically guarantee stories will start being posted here at ATS about this group or that person doing themselves in over this situation which the media and individuals have for profit, notoriety and various other reasons blown this way the hell out of proportion.

Sad but true.

As I stated earlier
I hope I'm wrong about this.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Nothing will happen on 12-21. Wea ll nkow that. So do "they".

When nothing happens, you can get away with anything.

Because, nothing willl happen. That was already proven.

Meanwhile, while nothing is happening... ITZ happening. Right under our noses.
edit on 1-12-2012 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Eventhough im not working, I will still have my radio with me so I will be able to give everyone an idea of whats going on, at least in my little part of the world.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

reply to post by derWeihnachtsmann

come rabzd!
come kringle!
come! say i.
no place beside fire here for our kinde
let us be going, for surely beyond this frigid waste
proffered mead and high discourse will we find.

seest though the wrecke of High Wisdom fallen low?

indeed, 'tis folly to invoke The Wrath of Mod
and thence in it's very Presence,
speak the Name Unspeakable and Forbidden

"Come, my friends.
‘Tis not too late to seek a newer world…."

Immanentize The Eschaton!!!

edit on 1-12-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & comment

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
How am I just now seeing this thread?
Once again, wonderful work Slayer.

... Now back to reading.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one has mentioned "William Miller" and the Millerites and the Great disappointment of 1844.

William Miller was a preacher that was convinced the second coming was at hand. He also convinced something like 50,000 people. Many sold off everything and gathered together.

October 22, 1944, they waited...and nothing happened. Thus was "the great disappointment". The Millerites went on to become "The Seventh Day Adventists that we know today.

I think when people see the world in the crapper (or their personal world anyway) and that corruption in high places in rampant...they throw their hands up in despair and give in to oblivion. From their perspective, sometimes things are so broken that the only way to fix it is to destroy it and start over (there may be a shred of truth in there somewhere).

People will hope for the end when they feel they are powerless to change the powers and influences that control their lives and the world around them.

Sad but true

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy

You may have substance but you got no imagination.

Do you realize there is 7 billion people on this planet? Most of them are stuck in the mindset of religion..dependent on money to survive, and straight out given the shaft by their governments.

You can sit here all day with your wealth and ego, telling everyone else you should of done like me and you would be as successful. in reality, when you have the heart and balls to open your eyes, you would realize this world is in dire need of help. Thus 2012.

12 has been a motif in alot of religions and culture..hell even our clock go to 12 for a reason..

2012 for a reason

Its like your subconscious is yearning for truth...but ego is holding you back...LIKE MANY ON ATS..

Lotta numbers there. You into numerology as well as doom and gloom? I hear they go together in a nice package deal. Maybe, just maybe, if the world is "in dire need of help", it would be a better idea to help it instead of preaching it into the inferno?

60 is a good number too. There;s a reason clocks have 60 minutes, and a compass has 360 degrees (6x60). I'll leave you to ferret out that reason on your own. Maybe it'll help the world. In any event, I'm not going to be sitting around on 12-21-2012, facing 12 degrees from north, watching for the sky to fall... hell, there's beer to be drank!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Flash! Russia bans Kool-Aid !

It seems any one caught in possession of the powdery substance will be classified as a Terrorist and shot for pushing suicide to the people of the Soviet Union.

NOT!

edit on 1-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

They should start pouring cement down any and all rabbit holes as well (after safely and humanely vacating the bunnies first).

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well, Slayer, there are so many folks so heavily invested in The End of All, folks who push for it so hard and argue for it so vehemently, that I have to wonder how their own little worlds will hold up when the Great Big World doesn't crumble to order on 21 Dec this year. After all that argument that's been raging, I predict that their will be so much egg on so many faces that we can cook the whole world a giant omelet.

It's gonna be a lot of fun to watch, but don't fill up on the popcorn - save some room for that omelet at breakfast the next morning!

ETA: JEEZUS! Am I gonna have to come back and make apologies the next day for that prediction if it fails to come true and the world DOES end?

edit on 2012/12/1 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

What you expect me to have a smile on my face and be in joy while humans dont even care for their own freedoms? You want me to sit here quietly while my planet burns?

If they don't even care for their own freedoms, who are you to force freedom upon them?

let the blind guide the blind, and the dead bury the dead. You have better things to do than babysit them!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I hope for you, religion goes on for another 2 thousand years, humans keep paying taxes, wars keep going on, mexico will be the next terrorists, north korea and south korean will be allies and go after lebanon for cedar trees,

Kudos!

Excellent prophetic synopsis of Obama's Second Term... or is it a "Second Coming" now?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Most africans and indians dont even have free access to education and medicine..

Well there's work to be done then in making the world better! Do you have your plane ticket yet?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
What gets me are those who are religious, mainly Christians, who are believing in, and even making, these "predictions." The reason being that their own religion teaches them that they will not know when the world will end, so what is up with that? Personally, my interest is piqued a bit not because of the Mayan calendar, but mainly because of McKenna's Timewave Zero, which was quite bizarre in my opinion. I did not buy into any previous end of the world predictions, and I do not necessarily buy into this one, but I think that because so many people expect something to happen, their changing behavior will cause some shift in our consciousness or "being," thus fulfilling the Mayan prophecy. Which btw never stated the world was going to end. It is my understanding that the end of the calendar simply means that it starts all over again. Or possibly that there would just be a great change in our world.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

2012 isnt going to fail..

There is too much in cultures, traditions and dare i say religion speaking of a day to come.

Since 12 has been a motif, and we are in 2012 i tend to think this is the date that will be.

If you look at all those failed predictions including Y2K, non of them had a rich background as to why things would occur, unlike 2012.

I'm not trying to have a go at you slayer, this is the internet, and i like your avatars.

Can I quote you on that on the 22nd?

party on, dude! Party like it's 999 AD!

The bills don't come due for the party until 1 Jan 1000 AD....

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
'The futures uncertain and the end is always near....'

I guess in the past, everything was decided on omens, or even cloud patterns or a bad thunder storm.
There was no understanding.

Now there is understanding, but only the intellects understand it, and the rest still prefer to look at the clouds for answers.

I don't really understand anything. I think I like it that way.

I won't be deciding what I do tomorrow though on what some man 3,000 years ago foresaw in his tea cup.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Crazy is as crazy does, man. Speaking of "crazy", and referring back to the photo of Marshall Applewhite, can't you just feel the crazy oozing out of your computer screen from that photo?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
off topic - maybe it's just my google chrome, but since the home page cut off your topic at the strike-through fonts...it makes all the text below it also strike-through.

Nice.

S&F for the topic.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The only way humanity will end is when the ground beneath us vanished underneath us and the earth cannot support life no longer.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Here's a very detailed history of doomsday predictions:

en.wikipedia.org...

BC 634. Many Romans feared that the city would be destroyed in the 120th year of its founding. There was a myth that 12 eagles had revealed to Romulus a mystical number representing the lifetime of Rome, and some early Romans hypothesized that each eagle represented 10 years.

BC 389. Some Romans believed that the mystical number revealed to Romulus represented the number of days in a year, so they expected Rome to be destroyed around 365 AUC (389 BC)

AD 30. Jesus. According to Matthew 16:28, Jesus himself predicted his second coming and the end of the world within the lifetime of his contemporaries.

AD 60. Interpreting the Epistles of Paul of Tarsus literally, his writings seem to imply that Jesus would return and usher in a rapture during the lifetime of persons who were living in the middle of the 1st century.

AD 66-70. It is believed the Essenes, a sect of Jewish ascetics, saw the Jewish revolt against the Romans in 66-70 as the final end-time battle.

AD 156. A man named Montanus declared ...

(Continued below...)
edit on 2-12-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/3/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: clipped quoted external source content. added source link

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join