History of Doomsday & Apocalypse FAILURES

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Most do have access to free basic education and medicine, Have access to clean water and food. Most have opportunity to improve themselves in all manor not previously available in most of mankind's history.

No most people dont have free access to basic education and medicine...

Why do you keep defending this corrupt system!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Slayer my Friend....You forgot Chicken Little.

This brave new world leaves people unfulfilled.

We don't even sit at the dinner table anymore.

Why talk to each other when we have these ego driven software devices everywhere?

(waiting for the inevitable you are using it)

So anyway, hope you have a Merry Christmas.

(waiting for the Christmas haters)...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

So, I decided to educate myself further on the topic and the latest over in the 2012 Doom and Gloom forum, Excuse me. I'm sorry, the now revered, Sorry again, I mean the now referred to "2012 Ascension" forum

L
L Slayer, don't you mean The 2012 Mutual Reassurance whilst whistling past the graveyard and "prophets" of "Nothing will happen" Forum?

i note that many of these doom and gloom predictions you've provided as examples
originate with xtian or other religious authorities or fanatical xtians or *people disgusted with the state of society and indulging in wishful thinking.

damn slayer, this is WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY beneath your usual standards of scholarship
and i cannot in good conscience F&S as is usual with your other work
you could have at least beefed this one up by taking the time to explore the historical context that served as backdrop to these incidents

example: going by documents surviving those days, prior to the 1st appearance of the black death in china, what was probably a BIG Comet impacted in the area i'd post links but there's some sort of butthurt with the source
so i can't pass the SOPP [where t=p] to you on this occasion

AS FOR THE Essene's that part of the world was experiencing some serious turbulence regarding the religious sphere
it's usually downplayed, but, those were the days of Jesus, Bar Kokba and Apollonius of Tyanain and in addition, it's as if everyone and there brother was claiming to be the messiah with a new one popping up every week.

also on another of these nothing will happen threads, i recall advising you to speak to your elders, as many of the tribes in your area have origin stories wherin the tribe emerged from a hole in the ground after surviving a GREAT CATACLYSM
the Hopi and other Puebloans call them Kivas, as i'm sure you're aware.

tsk, tsk :shk:

methinks the PoNWH are scared of something

OH, SLAYER! SAY IT AINT SO!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I agree that the bottom for the most part has been raised.
That does not really effect the overall negativity of our reality.
I think the main point that you have raised is that hoping for an instant change is one thing but going as far as to ending ones way of life or even ones life for a ignorant hope of a better way is counter productive to the truth movement as a hole and it is not the first time mankind as a whole has taken to this type of belief.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

No offense but if some perceive themselves as being so "Enlightened" why are they so easily offended and become so defensive when their beliefs are questioned or scrutinized? Why such an over the top need to be seen as being correct?

Those overly emotional knee jerk reactions seem to run contrary of how many claim to be or to what they are attempting to achieve.

No?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I have the same sense of dread as the OP, as many out there just are not screwed together too tight, thinking that this date spells the utter end to us all. I am most certain there will be a few stories of suicides (hopefully not mass suicides) as this date approaches. I hope I am wrong - but I cannot shake the feeling that I am not.
edit on 1-12-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It makes sense in many ways. Humanity is aware that life is fragile and finite. As much as we try to protect ourselves we could die at any moment. We want to be alive. It makes us anxious that some other person or event could end our lives. That anxiety has to release itself in one form or another. Each time our end is predicted and we survive is like a victory that allows us to relax for a while, and then cycle begins again. Look at the spaces between those dates. It's like we have to face death every few hundred years. Maybe it is some kind of Earthly warrior rite? Face the fear of death and enter a more mature phase of life. We see it throughout society in rituals of manhood and even many of our rites of passage. The same ritual is played out in all of our holy books in our saviours and heros. Jesus on the cross awakening to new life, the Phoenix dying in the flames and being reborn.

Not everyone faces it at the same time. Some will be very afraid of different things and feel as if they are facing death. Some will feel it in these predictions. Some will feel it in facing financial loss. Some will feel it in facing the loss of an important relationship. The more we love something, the more we fill we will die without it. We come up to the brink of our supposed and once we are through and realise there is still life on the other side, we are strengthened and look back on our death fear feeling a little foolish. Maybe it's a metaphor for physical death, a sign that there is life on the other side of it.

If life is holographic then maybe all our prophecies are metaphorical. How many times has humanity probably felt they were facing the endtime war of Gog and Magog? Islam vs Christianity in the early middle ages, the Inquisition, the Catholic church vs Protestantism, Christianity vs Paganism? Same old same old we face in cycles of war.

As much as we act like it we are not the first generations to face the wrath of nature. Earthquakes and volcanos, and floods have been wreaking destruction since the beginning of time. And we always blame ourselves. The ancients blamed the wrath of the gods for their sins, (some of us still do that). We blame ourselves in the form of climate change for our "sins" of greed and such. Wrath of nature instead of wrath of the gods I suppose.

Maybe these prophecies are there because they are part of the life cycle we need to face and learn from.

edit on 1-12-2012 by icmom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

What you expect me to have a smile on my face and be in joy while humans dont even care for their own freedoms? You want me to sit here quietly while my planet burns?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy

What you expect me to have a smile on my face and be in joy while humans dont even care for their own freedoms? You want me to sit here quietly while my planet burns?

I'm pretty damn sure you will be OK that day..

and your planet too...

edit on 1-12-2012 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

What you expect me to have a smile on my face and be in joy while humans dont even care for their own freedoms?

I see you're able to type despite your wrist shackles.

You want me to sit here quietly while my planet burns?

You have the freedom to share your views.
Let us know when the MIB come drag you away.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Most do have access to free basic education and medicine, Have access to clean water and food. Most have opportunity to improve themselves in all manor not previously available in most of mankind's history.

Why do you keep defending this corrupt system!!!

Just how horrible has their existence been?

i'm surprised to hear him say this
wasn't Arizona’s Sens. McCain & Kyl Seek[ing] to Extinguish Navajo and Hopi Water Rights (April 12, 2012)? that's nearby him perhaps the news didn;t reach him

this is as bizzare as Hefficide defending columbus in a debate i read recently
using the same "progress is good, never mind the millions sacrificed argument"" [not even going to approach Shuylers " mass extinction is good, said the vulture" post]
have they been replaced with pod people?
targeted by ahrimanic forces, and forced to post against their will and ideals?

maybe members nearby should mount an investigate and if necessary rescue mission

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

LOL trying to get my for my typing skills? Nice

Anyways Mr Ego, Defender Of the System

I hope for you, religion goes on for another 2 thousand years, humans keep paying taxes, wars keep going on, mexico will be the next terrorists, north korea and south korean will be allies and go after lebanon for cedar trees,

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

Oh damn the horror of expecting people to pay for those corporate products.

Yes indeed such an aweful corrupt system when people should pay for those services used.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Anyways Mr Ego, Defender Of the System

Nice piss poor attempt at character assassination meanwhile you're the one doing the judging and finger pointing here.

I hope for you, religion goes on for another 2 thousand years, humans keep paying taxes, wars keep going on, mexico will be the next terrorists, north korea and south korean will be allies and go after lebanon for cedar trees,

The Prediction and Prophecy Forum is that way --------------->

This thread is not about how large you think my ego is nor is a soap box to stand upon and spew your views of me but rather about the blatant and obvious History of Doomsday & Apocalypse FAILURES.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Most africans and indians dont even have free access to education and medicine..

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
"Enlightened"

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
it is very Sad to know about the pain, sorrow and fear of people who lived through apocalyptic events of the Past.

it is also very sad to imagine the fear Some people experience today who “have no inner peace, are chained to the mundane, bound by debt for material things and feel lost”.

this, similar and their consequences do seem to be the Plague of today, it does seem that the planet is on fire and all this needs to be taken serious, yes.

Fear however is a sign post to give Direction! arguments and discussions are good but ultimately it is in introspection that you Work.

Humanity has improved and learned from the past. the living conditions truly are improved which does not mean they do not need further improvments. Learning is now enhanced through the internet and it is wise to tune in with the optimism that is around.

going by the number of letters and lists full of anticipation arriving at my doorstep on a minute to minute basis - not only by children - it looks as if The Light is stronger than it might seem.

Keep adjusting your dreams!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

2012 isnt going to fail..

There is too much in cultures, traditions and dare i say religion speaking of a day to come.

Since 12 has been a motif, and we are in 2012 i tend to think this is the date that will be.

If you look at all those failed predictions including Y2K, non of them had a rich background as to why things would occur, unlike 2012.

I'm not trying to have a go at you slayer, this is the internet, and i like your avatars.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join