It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Billion and Counting - Are We Being Farmed?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Originally posted by Hefficide

Also, lots of poor people make for great armies. And war, IMO, is just chess for the rich and powerful. So they like to keep the pawns coming.

Only major difference being that in Chess, after the game has ended, both the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.

edit on 12/1/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by theghoster

In order to survive we need a mass depopulation.

Ok you have convinced me ... you go first.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Farming.. not eating.. using..

Maybe we are a lab factory of transplants.. so lets grew some extra arms

But honestly, i don´t think we can overpopulate much more, earth will always find a way to get rid of extra leeches. Dry season what has happened this year around the globe is one of the worst in decades... earth will always find her ways.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CudiTheKid
Why would aliens not just grow their own humans? It makes no sense to wait thousands of years when you could just create your own human food source easily and quickly, without the waste of billions of "livestock" dying before harvest time.

As for the human population being unsustainable, that's only due to the wasteful, greedy, and irresponsible ways we live. A responsible civilization of humans could easily have 25 billion or more without any problems, but that would actually take some forethought and effort, which we as a species are severely lacking in.
edit on 1-12-2012 by CudiTheKid because: (no reason given)

Think of the earth as a petri dish. For those that ponder the above scenario.

A well know man once said that the hairs of the head are numbered. This suggests that at any given time total and full data is available on every human alive. Things like total heart beats, number of steps walked, ect you name it. Same guy said that a sparrow doesnt even fall to the ground that the head guy dosent know about it and so you are of much more value than a bird. Anyway the implications are staggering.....beyond understanding...but just enough to stagger.
edit on 1-12-2012 by Logarock because: n

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Yet as all this goes on all of our world governments do their damnest to keep us alive, with medical advances and such like, welfare states ect ect. But why try so hard to keep the weakest alive if our planet seems unable to comfortably sustain the current population? Why are we continuing to reproduce despite the fact we are running out of space to put people?

Oh some of us our trying to prevent reproduction, by the means of birth control and abortion....but there's this minority group that is fighting it tooth and nail.

Basically no religion restricts death control....but birth control is a big deal.

Don't look to aliens to explain this problem, it's the christians, and other religious extremists.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
What if the "aliens" harvested some kind of energy at the moment of bodily death? It would explain why we rarely see or meet them, why there are such long periods (thousands of years) between official contact, and so on.

Yeah, but they could do the exact same thing in a lab, and on a far greater scale. You could grow the humans, then kill them and harvest this "energy". And what kind of energy would this be? And how would they harvest it? People die and the energy travels up to their ship? Also with the tech we have, we could easily destroy ourselves, and then their supply is gone. The harvesting idea isn't impossible, but doesn't seem very likely, even if we accept the idea that aliens harvest humans, there are much better ways of doing it then letting us run around on Earth. How the machines from "The Matrix" grew humans, or how the clones were made in "Star Wars", these would be more likely scenarios IMO.
edit on 1-12-2012 by CudiTheKid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

reply to post by DrGod

I understand that gold is one of the rareist eliments in the Universe due to the method of its creation in only the largest of dying stars. But what do you think they actually need the Gold for, would it make sense that because of the sheer energy needed to bind the molecules together, that if you rip it apart in the correct manner that energy will be released? Maybe it is a power source.

Because gold can only be made when a star explodes and thus most of the gold we find was formed with the creation of "our" universe, it is very precious.

It has endless space tech capabilities due to its non corrosive properties.

Also, because gold is made during star explosions, it is often scattered throughout layers in the crust and thus requires time to dig it all out of the earth's surface.

Is it only a coincidence that most ancient cultures, far-strung throughout the planet all "worshiped" gold, and try to acquire as much gold as possible?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CudiTheKid

*shrug*

I'm not getting paid to write that story, and I'm in the middle of a more interesting one at the moment anyway.

But for sake of argument, lets assume you are living in a simulation, and "they" (the aliens I guess?) are harvesting you "life" experiences (at the moment of body-death).

Now -- you're right (it's a lab) and I'm "right" (you live a "full" life, however long and varied in experience that may be).

You see how easy it is to speculate about this kind of stuff?
edit on 1-12-2012 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
LOL, No the earth is being populatate by many souls from all over the galaxy, the universe, and so on. Because of the change that is to soon happen. The event as the millions of light works, indigo children, and starseeds have told us for years. If we were so many to come to an end then those who were to pass would have a great sence of dreed. The fear monster is dieing and if you open your heart, your soul, you will know the answer. The doomsday start never came to be, so ask yourself why that is, then believe in the answer. When this shift starts to happen it will go like a wildfire that can never be put out. The crazy thing is that it has already begun but if you have not seen it then you need to WAKE UP!!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Unsustainable population? You've only been conditioned to believe that.

Truth is, there are a lot of resources on this planet.

We just mismanage and waste the hell out them. Capitalism ensures that many of us go without. Western powers exploit the world to live like kings.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
reply to post by theghoster

Well, don't blame the people. For years, I've been face-palming the idiocy of abortion policy. Not to mention birth control and how it seems to be frowned upon. If they really want to cut the population, 1) Legalize abortion, everywhere, 2) Legalize suicide, and make it easy for those of us who WANT to die, to do so, and 3) Stop whining about birth control and the "Morning After" pill, and make it available to everyone!

I find it laughable that so many are against these three things, yet they keep shrugging and racking their brains, trying to figure out why there are so many people in the world.

First of all, I find this a topic interest. I'm in the business of New Product Development. It's what I do.
I'm at crossroads with a Monsanto type company and University funded projects, and where do you draw the line between profits and who they go to.
I just watched the whole video.

I'll bet whoever made that video is on a paid College Grant.

The Video relentlessly attacks the only business model that has worked with a societal structure that gives the consumer money to make choices, without ANY solution in the video. NONE!

Just complaining.

Give me a solution and I'll work with you. Just complaign for 13minutes?
I have to get back to work.
( I LOVE creating new products. F Sharktank. Those guys are bottom feeders. Good Show though)
And maybe I'll buy another "dreamcatcher" to keep alians away from me and steal my soul.

Nahhhhh... I'll make one.

We're doomed.

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Op, you raise a fascinating point. Personally, I don't believe food is scarce at this point for any necessary balance issues. It's things like the bottom feeding junk fish suddenly elevated above farmers water allocations in California leading to a dramatic reduction in active farmland up and down the Central Valley for years now. The drought that seems to have parked itself above the Center of the United States and seems content to stay awhile is pounding our corn, wheat and other crops. Kinda like the Dust Bowl ....in fact, following very similar patterns if one looks into it.

That's not to say it won't become unsustainable for natural reasons and within our lifetimes by the sound of it, though. Exponential growth among 7 billion people seems to me to grow to 9 well before 2050. People are breeding like rabbits....no pun intended. That's an issue that certainly needs addressed in a clear, sober and pragmatic way before we do cross 9, then 12 then....how long before we actually DO have climate change from it? I mean I don't believe the hooey that it's happening now by man.....but eventually? Heck, math says it comes at some point.

Perhaps harvesting would be helpful if it's culling and not slash/burn methods. Of course, present company all being in the non-culled portion at the end.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

See I don't get the maths used to estimate the population will be 9 billion in 2050.

Because the population was 2.billion in 1930 so from then until now the population increase more than x3 so shouldn't it at least double in 40 years? and be 14 billion especially now there is 7 billion people to populate and not only 2.billion. Actually it should be even more.

If that is not clear the world population in 1930 was 2 billion 45 years later it doubled to 4 billion So why in 2050 (40 years later) will there only be a 2 billion population increase CONSIDERING THERE WILL BE 7 BILLION PEOPLE BREEDING AND NOT ONLY 2 BILLION?.

Anyone know the answer?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Of course they don't go killing disabled people and inmates because they would lose the support of the mass and they need it, else they go the way of the nazis and we all know how it ended up for them,

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I simply wish the biological drive and ability to breed weren't so tenacious and hair-triggeringly successful. How convenient it would be to at least have an inbuilt control over one's ovulation cycle.

edit on 2-12-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
I simply wish the biological drive and ability to breed weren't so tenacious and hair-triggeringly successful. How convenient it would be to at least have an inbuilt control over one's ovulation cycle.

edit on 2-12-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

Its funny how as much as we have advanced, we are more irresponsible with our breeding and tout of touch with our cycles.

Why was this never a problem before when we had less resources and less education?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AsuspiciousMANappears

See I don't get the maths used to estimate the population will be 9 billion in 2050.

Because the population was 2.billion in 1930 so from then until now the population increase more than x3 so shouldn't it at least double in 40 years? and be 14 billion especially now there is 7 billion people to populate and not only 2.billion. Actually it should be even more.

If that is not clear the world population in 1930 was 2 billion 45 years later it doubled to 4 billion So why in 2050 (40 years later) will there only be a 2 billion population increase CONSIDERING THERE WILL BE 7 BILLION PEOPLE BREEDING AND NOT ONLY 2 BILLION?.

Anyone know the answer?

Because western nations are currently suffering population decline.

Same will happen in the east in a few generations when their population control efforts over the last few decades will become noticeable.

For the most part, outside of china and India, world birth rates are actually dropping.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Have you seen the movie Skyline? Same ideology. They harvest us for our 'wetware'.

I've thrown the suggestion out there before on ATS that we're being farmed. It certainly seems so.

Also, the biblical giants ate humans. All the depictions of Giants in South America show them eating us. The bible suggests there are giants from another Planet. It could very well be the case.

I'll be teaching my children how to slice the achilles heel of a Giant.
edit on 2-12-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The truth is they have technology already that can read you mind. They can hear what you thinking. Also they kind of make it so your forced to interact. They can put thoughts into your head. This technology has existed and been recording people since at least the 80's, more and more people come online everyday around the world havign their thoughts monitored..

Everyone is being monitored and farmed for ideas emotions and language. Your internal dialog and even your eyesight is not safe. They can see what you see.

So yep were being farmed. Not by aliens. But other humans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join