It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Billion and Counting - Are We Being Farmed?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Recently our species has surpassed the 7 Billion people mark and it is estimated to be at 9 billion people by 2050. Wheras the world cattle population is estimated to be around 1.3 billlion (wikkipedia yeah I know sorry).

en.wikipedia.org...

Our World population is obviously unsustainable, as we currently are starting to see malnutricion even in Western Countries like the USA and Europe. Yet as all this goes on all of our world governments do their damnest to keep us alive, with medical advances and such like, welfare states ect ect. But why try so hard to keep the weakest alive if our planet seems unable to comfortably sustain the current population? Why are we continuing to reproduce despite the fact we are running out of space to put people?

Then I had the thought, knowing how little our governments value our existance besides keeping us alive, has our collective world government done a deal with an off world advanced species, to farm us to one day be handed over, in exchange for the powers that be to be kept alive and given new technology. I think it may not be too far from the truth, but this is just a thought, not to be taken too seriously.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

As much as the human population has become a huge problem for the planet, I doubt were being farmed. Honestly, this is just what happens when you have a highly adaptive and "successful" species. It was almost inevitable when you think about it. But, I don't think it is a conspiracy to farm us out to some other entity. I really just think it is hard to control birth-rates through legislation or other social engineering mechanism. Mainly, because most people find such methods totalitarian and suppressive. Also, because nearly all humans beings have the innate desire to reproduce. It's just part of our DNA. So, conspiracy---nah. A tragic outcome of a very successful species more likely.

-Ghoster

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

knowing how little our governments value our existance besides keeping us alive, has our collective world government done a deal with an off world advanced species, to farm us to one day be handed over, in exchange for the powers that be to be kept alive and given new technology. I think it may not be too far from the truth, but this is just a thought, not to be taken too seriously.

Farming us on a physical level may be a possibility. They do promote having lots of sex without a care in the world, it's in a lot of the music and TV programing.

What does seem to be happening is the farming of our energy output.
Like we are being driven mad by everyday life, then that energy is being siphoned from our electro magnetic fields. David Icke's theories explain it well.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
If aliens can make machines to travel all the distances involved I think they would have the tech to just grow meat (Like we nearly do), Unless they like wild human.
Reminded me of this film..

Soylent green.

People really need to watch this movie, it is still very scary and nearly real life. Oh and you can watch it on YouTube for free.
edit on 1-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by theghoster

But that doesn't explain why we try so hard to keep people alive. Why are rapists, murderers and paedophiles kept alive. Why do we keep those that are serverly disabled alive? On a local level I would answer that human compassion, but our government doesn't have any human compassion. In order to survive we need a mass depopulation. I fear there might be one coming.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Cheers, I will try and watch that tonight on my night shift. Audio is a bit crappy low though on my work PC.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by theghoster

As much as the human population has become a huge problem for the planet, I doubt were being farmed. Honestly, this is just what happens when you have a highly adaptive and "successful" species. It was almost inevitable when you think about it. But, I don't think it is a conspiracy to farm us out to some other entity. I really just think it is hard to control birth-rates through legislation or other social engineering mechanism. Mainly, because most people find such methods totalitarian and suppressive. Also, because nearly all humans beings have the innate desire to reproduce. It's just part of our DNA. So, conspiracy---nah. A tragic outcome of a very successful species more likely.

-Ghoster

I agree, unless your in china its pretty much a huge babymaking shagfest on planet earth. theres no farming, just greed of the senses.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
There is a population decline in developed countries. Two generations of a one-child policy means that China's population is going to be reduced by about half within 50 years. Being male centric only exacerbates the problem.

Poor people are having more kids, but they also have a higher mortality rate.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

....has our collective world government done a deal with an off world advanced species, to farm us to one day be handed over, in exchange for the powers that be to be kept alive and given new technology?

Thoughts?

That is exactly what is going on.
We are part of a 26,000 year plan.
We were created in a lab 26,000 years ago with the main built in desire to find gold.
Along with this project comes the breeding part.
We've completed our mission and we are now ready to be harvested.

edit on 1-12-2012 by DrGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrGod

....has our collective world government done a deal with an off world advanced species, to farm us to one day be handed over, in exchange for the powers that be to be kept alive and given new technology?

Thoughts?

That is exactly what is going on.
We are part of a 26,000 year plan.
We were created in a lab 26,000 years ago with the main built in desire to find gold.
Along with this project comes the breeding part.
We've completed our mission and we are no ready to be harvested.

Yeah, now thats the kind of response I like to see in skunk works. Interesting, thought provoking, inprobable but not as impossible as we would like to think. Star to you good sir.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

we currently are starting to see malnutricion even in Western Countries like the USA and Europe.

WTF... People are not staving because a lack of food available, but because they can't afford to buy it.
Prices go up day by day, but wages stay stagnant. The real problem is greedy bankers, and corporate fat cats.
Overpopulation is myth, its just getting you started for the next big thing to fear-monger about for when Dec 21st comes to a flop.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

That's a really interesting idea.

If you look at humans as just another animal we see overpopulation happen when there isn't a significant natural predator available. In the absence of a natural predator the species would overpopulate until starvation or disease did it's work to bringing balance. Yet humanity is doing it's best to stamp out starvation and disease so what's going to give? Something has to give eventually and your idea would fit. Not saying that it must be what's going to happen, only that it technically would fit.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

But that doesn't explain why we try so hard to keep people alive. Why are rapists, murderers and paedophiles kept alive. Why do we keep those that are serverly disabled alive? On a local level I would answer that human compassion, but our government doesn't have any human compassion. In order to survive we need a mass depopulation. I fear there might be one coming.

True, but just because the government recognizes the population problem does it mean it can actually implement it. Also I don't agree that the government is com passionless. After all the government isn't some monolithic faceless beats floating in the sky. A group of people (or just one person for some nations) makes these moral decisions. So human governments will respond in humans ways...both compassionate and otherwise. I do agree we need some type of sane way of dealing with human populations that isn't just merciless eugenics gone mad.

-Ghoster
edit on 1-12-2012 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

These 'Pop-Clocks' are somewhat interesting:
galen.metapath.org...
www.census.gov...
www.census.gov...

[color=D6AB89]Our World population is obviously unsustainable, as we currently are starting to see malnutricion even in Western Countries like the USA and Europe.
Is it really though?
or is that just what we have been led to believe?

Yet as all this goes on all of our world governments do their damnest to keep us alive,
...and they are implementing this by allowing us to receive free health care, free prescriptions, free ambulance rides, free rides in lifeline helicopter, free emergency room visits, free surgeries, free regular check-ups, and hhmmm free dental, etc... etc.....??

aaaahhh oops. I must've made a small typo, because they don't do that↑. Not here anyways...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Well they do in most of Europe and medical care is still accesable in the USA, you just have to pay for it in a different way. But I don't think people with emergency care get turned away?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

Breeding, genetic design of Aliens. Partly human partly Alien. Where would they need us? Food? that would be like cannibalism.. eating your own species not a good idea. When Creutzfeldt Jacobs disease and Mad cows disease started to kill animals and "humans" one reason they gave at the time was that these animals where fed with the own kind.. If the Aliens are stupid to the marrow they will eat us...

Other reasons for farming? Maybe we will be exported to another planet to mine.. just don´t buy that we are allowed to be and grow as a species for thousands of years before needed again as a food or labour..
edit on 1-12-2012 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
More to the point of this forum. You could argue that the human population is allowed to continue despite th fact that there are limits to what the Planet can allow, because it helps push the economy along. Drastically decreasing population growth can often contribute to slower economic growth. World leaders have decided that the golden cow of "limitless growth" is just too lucrative, so why stop it?

-Ghoster

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

That is an interesting angle, capitalism is based on consumption. More people, more consumption. That makes lots of sense.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Let me know what you think about it, Yes it is very dated but once you get past that it is a classic movie.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It's possible....

It's also possible that Earth itself is be being farmed, or cooked in an oven. We are sort of like microbes to the giant chefs.

Or the sun is being farmed by a burning helium hungry giant demon space monster..

Idk, I don't think humans are being farmed because why would they give us any semblance of freedom if that were the case? Maybe a justification for their ends I guess...but I feel like we'd all be living a more standardized life...look the way we treat livestock, especially at the industrial level. Everything is standardized.

Humans have such a variety of diet and lifestyle.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join