It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Israeli virus damaging Iranian nukes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Sources in the Russian energy departments have revealed that reactor at Bushehr was shut down in mid-October for fear of an explosion.

Link Here: www.debka.com...

It is now common knowledge that Israel was behind Stuxnet and I think this might be a new virus. One the one hand I understand israel's need to operate in that way - a stealth computer war is sure better than an all out nuclear war - but the outcome a worldwide of cyber warfare are not pretty as well. in general, as this cyber arms race increases, every citizen in the face of the planet is a target and a victim. What will happen if the power of the US will be shut down by an army of hackers? can missile fire unintentionally?

I'm scared, how about you?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think nation-state cyber-warfare needs to be looked at and controlled with the same care as WMD programs. As events are starting to suggest and also show in some cases, it can control those programs and cause them to become nightmares in their own right. I can see this getting wildly out of hand for everyone and before those who started it can stop anything.

What happens when people build on the code that created some of the cyber-war gems and turn it loose in the open world? How about well intentioned anti-nuke activists, as just one example, with specialties in computer science? I see nothing good down this path of war development. It just encourages more of the same and this can really make the world's worst nightmares all come true.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gidonb4IN

Israeli viruses are not attacking Iranian 'nukes'...because despite what the well organised zionist propaganda machine says, Iran does NOT have any 'nukes'..now, they do have nuclear energy research facilities, so yes, Israeli sabotage of Iranian computers and centrifuges, and assassination of Iranian scientists has happened before and i see no reason to believe Israel isn't having another pop at them.

I can't help thinking just how hopping mad and calling for all it's bully boy lackies to stage an all out attack on Iran, if the situation was reversed and it was Israel's computers being attacked...we'd never hear the end of how hard done by they are.

And if Iran had sabotaged Israels hundreds of nuclear weapons and not just a civilian energy programme?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Actually, there are over over 1000 cyber attacked against Israeli targets every Minute
digitaljournal.com...

Israelis are just damn good at defense (and offence as well)

G

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gidonb4IN

I don't doubt it...the same is true of most technological nations, i do doubt the tacit insinuation that all of the attacks on Israeli computers are originating out of Iran, or even the region.

Israel has upset many people and nation around the world in recent years, perhaps even from the start of the last decade... there are many candidates to point the finger at.

I wouldn't be too scared if i were you, nuclear silos are not commonly connected to the internet. People who have weapons that can destroy everything aren't usually that criminally short-sighted.
edit on 1-12-2012 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
i saw that article earlier today ... the cover story is that they found a bunch of bolts dropped in the reactor vessle under the fuel rods.
although, one might suspect it would be more than that

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Ive said it time and again guys...
Bushesher is a time bomb..........
Three separate national orgs built this monster over a THREE DECADE period.....
The climate reaches 130 degrees there, and the salt winds will rust STAINLESS STEEL PIPES!
Just how dependable can a nuke reactor be when built from a mish mash of up to thirty year old components?
The place is an accident just waiting to happen in my HOOmble opine.....
lets hope its not an extreme situation, but i suspected that it wasnt war jitters that shut it down.....

new topics

top topics

join