It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afrikaners....Karma or Genocide?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

Ok just checking

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

From the OP. "With the shocking increase in the farm murders (over 3000 a year on average) South Africa, It is no secret that the current SA Government have every intention of killing every last Afrikaner For some young SA males it is a sport and often there have been reports/rumours of police rounding up young thugs from the shanty towns to use for this very purpose.

According to the latest US Department of Justice survey of crime victims, more than 6.6 million violent crimes (murder, rape, assault and robbery) are committed in the US each year.

As of 2010, statistics report that of 16,277 murder

en.wikipedia.org...

The US has more murders than that a year and the UN could care less.. Most of US cities have a huge murder problem and no one cares.

Chicago Homicides Outnumber U.S. Troop Killings In Afghanistan

www.huffingtonpost.com...

All I see is a special sense of urgency being put onto the SA issue because it is white people getting killed by black people. And since white people still hold the majority of the wealth in SA, I have a hard time believing the government is killing them. It's more random angry black citizens are killing them. How can the UN or anyone else stop these unpredictable random attacks? It is impossible.

It is like trying to stop drug gang related shootings in the USA, good luck with that. As long as bloods and crips hate one another there will be murders.

edit on 1-12-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

3000 murders of farmers per year in a tiny population of only 3mill is hardly comparative to the population of the USA though and those farmers are the very ones feeding the black population of SA and neighbouring countries or were. These are not accidental killings, self defense killings, drug related killings, gang killings, robberies gone wrong or anything other than racially motivated murder. Something the UN & US has sanctioned against many times in the past in SA before the abolition of apartheid.

South Africa is tiny with a new communist backed Government in its infancy or teen years if you like, a Government the US helped place in power as well as other countries. When you have oppression of a minority by a majority we Westerners seem to take action....unless that minority is a white minority as that is not classed as racism or discrimination.

Double standards are in operation and shouldn't be

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by phyllidaIf you have watched the videos or maybe read the BEE legislation you will see that it is indeed racism and discrimination but reversed.

I hate the idea of 'reverse racism' or 'reverse discrimination.' They're not actual things that exist. Racism is racism and discrimination is discrimination, regardless of who it's being leveled against.

There are also wealthy whites in South Africa, as well as wealthy blacks. What's more, there are poor of each also. Poverty is colorblind.

There's plenty of racism to go around, in South Africa or anywhere else. It's pointless to focus on the poor, downtrodden white population when that's really just a small part of the problem.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Your statement. "All I see is a special sense of urgency being put onto the SA issue because it is white people getting killed by black people."

I know about Chicago. I grew up in Roseland as it was turning bad. I lived in Golden Gates and walked in Altgeld Gardens. I knew the gangs. You are correct. The difference between the two is in the above it IS whites being killed by blacks. People being killed for the color of their skin. Racism. While in Chicago the murders are black on black primarily. NOT because of the color of their skin. NOT racism.

I have no problem with people who want to stop the black on black killings. It should be stopped. However one color killing another color because of skin color is racism, something I fought over 40yrs to stop. Something this country has been fighting. Something the UN SAYS it is fighting. Because the UN and US stepped in to the problems in SA to protect blacks and then walked they have a responsibility to protect those they put at risk even if the prevailing mood politically is to let them die. It was NOT the political mood to end discrimination and racism against blacks in the 60's. It was changed to MAKE it the political mood and contrary to what most would like to believe, it was not done solely by black people. Remember black people had no power back then.

Perhaps your wording is as bad as mine. Your posts leave me with the impression that it is ok for whites to be killed. I know you said "No." when directly asked but the impression is still there. I believe you were asked because others may have got that impression. Maybe we both need to take lessons from the OP in conveying our thoughts.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerk_Idiot

Do you support the SA Government policy of killing the Afrikaners (whites)? Or is that just the whites crying because they are not being held first in society, like they once were?

There is no such policy. When did ATS become a place to spout White Nationalist propaganda?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by phyllida

When you have oppression of a minority by a majority we Westerners seem to take action....unless that minority is a white minority as that is not classed as racism or discrimination.

Don't agree with this at all......

There is genocide against blacks in Libya after NATO killed Gadaffi.... the west didn't care.

Blacks are slaves in Saudi Arabia....the west does not care.

Arabs genocide black people in the Sudan..the west does not care

The UN had prior knowledge of the Rwanda genocide before it happened...and they did not care. Then they didn't care while it was happening until half a million people were murdered.

South Africa is tiny with a new communist backed Government

Maybe communist by name, surely not actions.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Very kind mr Jerk clearly you're not lol

Let me ask Trust another question if I may, had the black power revolution in the 60's in the US resulted in untold poverty unemployment and starvation for the whites, displaced by similar rules and laws now imposed in SA, would you still be saying bah just poor whites who cares its the same all over etc?

Its so easy for us to distance ourselves from atrocities. With the advent ot tv and then the internet, people see atrocities constantly. People now have allegedly more information than they ever had and perhaps it is exactly that influx of information images and the like that has hardened us to the plights of others. We often pass the buck to the likes of the UN and various charities thinking that's where the road ends, but in cases where we the US or UK or any other foreign power actively assist in overthrowing a government we believe is wrong and then leaving them to it,sure that also is wrong. We have a moral duty and responsibility to ensure that the legacy we leave behind is not only just and fair for all but also in line with that countries own social & cultural beliefs NOT our own.

I do think that something should be mentioned regarding colonisation and the USA. The US is quite unique in the way it adopted colonisation in that it didn't spread its wings and colonise other countries as did the Europeans, rather it brought the colonies to the US particularly with the historical slave trade. In a way, is not uprooting people and bringing them to you the same as you going to them and living there? The trauma and hatred and disolving of traditional roots and values happens all the same. This universalism attitude that all shall think live act believe and speak as I do is inherent it seems in any large powerful country.

edit on 1-12-2012 by phyllida because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Did you bother to read the OP? Somehow I don't think so or you would not have bothered to pick on the words I took from there.
"When did ATS become a place to spout White Nationalist propaganda?" Slander by innuendo? At least trustfund DID read the OP and thread. I DO love how people work. Or at least try to.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Whilst I appreciate your input to my thread, I wonder if you bothered to watch the videos or read in full my opening post?

This is not about propaganda it is about poverty discrimination and racism. You do not know me you do not know the colour of my skin you do not know my nationality. In order for you to label my post as white propaganda and to call me a white nationalist is in fact by today's terms racist, although I have often thought it strange you can have black nationalists welsh nationalist irish nationalists but alas not white nationalists. Another example of the discrepancies in well meaning legislation

There is such a policy. It has been spoken about quietly in SA for years. The ANC have an anthem called "Shoot the Boer" for goodness sake! This was not a policy wanted nor endorsed by Nelson Mandella who strangely had an odd affection for the Afrikaner Boer and shunned any attempts by others in the ANC to agree to a repatriation of the Boers as he understood their history and their struggle particularly with the with the British and Anglo-Boer war and likened it to the blacks own struggle for freedom

Clearly the plight of the Afrikaners is enough to be placed on the Genocide Watch list

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Oh, please. You made a blatantly false, outlandish claim. One which happened to be repeated ad nauseam by various WN movements.

What's next? Are you going to tell me that South African blacks are going to run riot and kill every white in the country when Nelson Mandela dies?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

had the black power revolution in the 60's in the US resulted in untold poverty unemployment and starvation for the whites, displaced by similar rules and laws now imposed in SA, would you still be saying bah just poor whites who cares its the same all over etc?

The revolution in SA did not do this. White people still hold the MAJORITY of the wealth in South Africa.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Your posts leave me with the impression that it is ok for whites to be killed. I know you said "No." when directly asked but the impression is still there. I believe you were asked because others may have got that impression. Maybe we both need to take lessons from the OP in conveying our thoughts.

Nope. I said no one should be killing white people in the first post I made in this thread. No one should be killing anyone ever, unless it is self defense.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

I have no idea what will happen when Mandela dies. What does that have to do with the post? Mandela is a hero but he hasn't been in power for some time. Maybe nothing at all will happen except a nice state funeral.

I would ask that if you believe my claims to be outlandish they take it up with Genocide Watch and the UN

People said that the genocide in Bosnia was too ridiculous to contemplate....until it was over and the same again with the genocide of the Jews romanies and blacks in germany with the Nazis. History has a way of repeating itself until we learn from it

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I feel the bottom line is that the west doesn't care about Africans, of any color & why should we?

Let them kill each other off, whoever is left the Chinese will take care of...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

I did?
Please prove it. I took that statement from the OP. Like I said did you bother to read it? The obvious answer is no. If you are dissatisfied with what the OP said then disprove it! We both know that is not your intent as shown by your statements. You are merely trolling and attempting to start a fight by using innuendo to slander me as a white supreamist, something else you could not prove, using a statement that was not mine. Of course you quite possibly do not have the intelligence to understand that because for you mere accusation is all you believe you need. Sorry. It does not work that way with me.

Make all the innuendo's you like. Make all the accusations you like. None of them can you prove, especially by my posts. Others have tried. For some reason I have never been able to be intimidated in my life, real life with my life in danger, so how you think you are going to intimidate me on a computer sort of puzzles me.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MichellePike1111

lol and I think you're correct unfortunately!

Year after year after year we've been bombarded with pictures and documentaries about starvation in Africa drought in Africa, war in Africa. I think we've become fairly immune to it all to be honest.

As in a previous post I made regarding the Chinese ghost cities, I was surprised to say the least, to learn China had in fact one of these huge cities built in Angola. China needs the minerals of Africa and the oil of Angola.

Should worst come to the worst and SA fall as in economically & socially the fall out will affect far more than just SA. Starvation & death will once again become the norm as it is doing in Zimbabwe and the Congo and Rwanda. We as a world with the huge population we now have, cannot afford to feed Africa eternally and I think this is one of the major problems and why so many give up on Africa in general. If South Africa are permitted to continue with systematic wiping out of the Afrikaner farmers, that reality will soon be upon them. The blacks have no real interest in farming, they cannot in general afford to buy the land the Government acquires and those that do have now been discovered to be selling it on at a profit back to the original Afrikaner owners, who under the BEE are now forbidden from self employment unless they have a black partner.

Without intervention South Africa may well revert back to how it was pre colonialism times which is not a good prospect for the rest of Africa.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MichellePike1111

Well if there is a systematic slaughter of people being carried out by the government of that country, like in Rwanda, I think the UN should definitely get involved.

But the killings of Boers are random attacks being done by angry citizens...it's kind of impossible to stop.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Again sorry. I do not believe that gentlemen has a problem with your post. I believe he has a problem with me.

If he had a problem with your post he would have gone after you instead of me. As you can see he didn't.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

No worries I know its a subject that's bound to provoke a touch of controversy.

Research is a wonderful skill and seriously if people are going to comment on this post without reading the op in full or bothering to watch the videos then in all honesty their opinions count for little, as they are unaware of the gist of the op in the first place.

The problem I think with the UN and member states, is that they originally backed the ANC with vigour, and to now admit that SA still has major problems with racism discrimination despite the promises made at the time they came to power etc is a little like admitting you were wrong. To have to go back into SA to save or protect the Whites and Afrikaners would make a mockery of their original decision. The whites on the whole have mostly moved to Western Cape where they attempt to keep up their original lifestyle or they have left and gone back to their home countries as work there now is almost impossible to get as a white person. The Afrikaners have nowhere to go. They are classed as an African race and don't have the luxury of "returning" as there isn't anywhere to return to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join