It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afrikaners....Karma or Genocide?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This post has taken a long time for me to prepare in an attempt to be politically correct, avoid hate speeches and accusations of racism. It is also a subject I feel very strongly about, the subject being that as human beings in this enlightened antic racist 21st Century ALL humans are entitled to quality of life not based on colour race or creed otherwise we have not and will not progress as a species. We cannot in good conscience in my view be single minded when it comes to struggle poverty and oppression. What is good for one is good for another and ignoring someone's plight because it doesn't fit in with mainstream propaganda or in case it its too painful to deal with or because it is considered inflammatory, is in itself entirely wrong and counter productive.

After watching these 2 videos and researching more personally, I was very disturbed and felt strongly that this unequal political correctness had to be brought to light irrespective of the colour of the skin for those affected. Nelson Mandela promised a "rainbow Africa free of all racism and divide". This has not happened in the 18yrs since the ANC took control. It now appears there is an approved reverse apartheid in action.

Please note that this is not just a post about poor whites but also relates to the still poor blacks that expected life to improve under the ANC. The reality is, the majority of blacks are still in the same positiion they were 18yrs ago the only thing that has changed is that the rich have become richer, crime is out of control, jobs for the boys is destroying the economy and the corruption is now far more widespread and visible.

With the shocking increase in the farm murders (over 3000 a year on average) South Africa, once considered the breadbasket of Africa, is now annihilating the very people that produced that breadbasket and the food for not just South Africa but other African states as well. They are in danger of reproducing the situation that exists over the border in Zimbabwe thanks to Mugabe's redistribution of white farmland by any means possible, usually murder, which now means widespread starvation for his own people which in return has seen a huge influx of Zimbabweans entering South Africa in search of jobs homes and food. It is no secret that the current SA Government have every intention of killing every last Afrikaner, it is just not publicised. For some young SA males it is a sport and often there have been reports/rumours of police rounding up young thugs from the shanty towns to use for this very purpose. Think for a moment if this situation was reversed....we would be pounding our chests in anger and demanding something be done, but alas because it is black on white, it appears we turn a blind eye, quoting history in an attempt to justify the stance that the Afrikaners deserve it.

The Afrikaners are not colonialists, they are an indigenous race in Soluth Africa having called it their home for over 400 years. Unlike the colonialists from UK France Portugal etc, these people cannot just up and leave and return to their homeland, South African IS their homeland, a point made by Jacob Zuma when addressing an Afrikaner meeting in 2009 prior to re-election, when he said Afrikaners were
Of all the white groups that are in South Africa, it is only the Afrikaners that are truly South Africans in the true sense of the word. Up to this day, they don't carry two passports; they carry one. They are here to stay

It should also be noted that after Zuma had made this well recieved speech and was re-elected he was quite happy to be seen singing the song "Shoot the Boer" and when questioned simply stated it was a "cultural thing"
Whilst there's no denying the Afrikaners are guilty of some atrocious crimes, in particular, Eugene DeKock and Dr Wauter Basson, tit for tat is childish and achieves zero.

No-one deserves such treatment, black white red or yellow. We cannot fight for one but not the other whilst promoting equality and 21st Century values/morals.

The BEE legislation introduced (Black Economic Empowerment) which seemed such a good idea and welcomed in theory by the Africans and initially congratulated upon by the West, is destroying the very thing it was supposed to create through the Governments lack of understanding or appreciation of how to create a viable skilled workforce to replace the one they have ousted. Forbidding the Afrkaners to work or to be self employed is proving hugely detrimental to growth in SA. There simply aren't enough skilled blacks to do the jobs left open by the BEE legislation and rather than employ the hated Afrikaners and colonials to teach and train the workforce, they have drastically reduced examination pass rates, job qualifications and the like to ensure that no whites will work in top positions in SA again.This is of course racism as we know it but yet it is ignored because its against whites.

Whilist some will no doubt say that the Afrikaners are getting their just desserts and karma's a bitch, should that detract from their very real plight? Just because they are white does that mean we should not help and take a good long look at the regime we all helped bring about? Whilst we were all willing to assist the blacks in their struggle and free them from the reins of colonialism, we tended to lump the Afrikaners in with the Europeans and it seems, forget that they too are an African race and regardless of their beliefs or skin colour, surely deserve the same as we gave to the struggling black races?

I do hope this post is recieved as I intended and not as a springboard to flaming racist rants. Hunger famine oppression genocide whatever the tag, we in the West have stated is wrong. That should be without boundaries wrong is wrong no matter what culture race or colour.
Thanks

edit on 1-12-2012 by phyllida because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by phyllida

The Afrikaners are not colonialists, they are an indigenous race in Soluth Africa having called it their home for over 400 years

No they aren't. They are a product of Dutch and Flemish colonization. Europeans are indigenous to Africa? Since when?

The Dutch who first settled at the Cape in 1652 established a geographically limited refreshment station for the Dutch East India Company; originally, the Company was not interested in establishing a permanent settlement. However, in order to ensure the viability of the refreshment station, some employees of the Company were freed from their contracts (so-called vrijburgers or free burghers) and allowed to farm. Over time, the boundaries of the colony expanded.

en.wikipedia.org...

Please note that this is not just a post about poor whites but also relates to the still poor blacks that expected life to improve under the ANC.

White people still hold the majority of the wealth in the country. No one should be killing them though, but I understand why Africans are so pissed off due to their historical treatment by whites.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
They are as indigenous as Americans are to America and other such places. They are the offspring of colonialists yes but they are a race apart not Europeans. They have their own language culture and history. European whites in Africa do not. The Afrikaners are NOT whites, that label if you like is reserved strictly for the European workers and European colonials. They are a race and as I quoted above Pres Jacob Zuma states clearly that the Afrikaners are a race not european whites. Ask any Afrikaner if they are white they will state no. They will never ever integrate with the black population of SA and are highly if not obsessionally patriotic to their own race & culture not that of white Europeans.

Absolutely the blacks are pissed off and rightly so, but what I am saying is as humanitarians should we ignore one group simply because we don't like their views or policies or culture? Are they not entitled to aid the same as any other race under oppression and similar?

edit on 1-12-2012 by phyllida because: missed a bit!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The original indigeonous inhabitants of this area where a race now known as Bushman because we do not know what they called themselves. These people had likely been inhabiting this region for many thousands of years and disappeared almost entirely from the area when the ancestors of the people now clamining to be indegeonous migrated down from central Africa much, much later. What the OP states is most likely correct, if the situation in Southern Africa were reversed the international community (The U.N.) would be all over it, and the MSM would be full of stories about the injustice of it all.
edit on 1-12-2012 by hotel1 because: Africa

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Thank you. The word indigenous seems over the years to have taken on various meanings both politcally and socially. Africa is a widely diverse country and due to human migration patterns, finding the "true" indigenous race is really quite a challenge. The Afrikaners (Boers) are a race, they belong to no other country but Africa. They founded the Traansvall and Orange Free State which gave rise to the Boer War against the British. The Boers historically dislike the British and even other Europeans and do not ever class themselves as European.

The position they find themselves in now, whilst admittedly a product of their own policies and racist culture, is no different to that of the SA Black 20yrs ago. It is very easy for us in the West to think tough they brought it on themselves but that surely cannot be the right way for progression and enlightement on any level. It is also quite hypocritical. The promises of the ANC, like many Governments of the world, have largely been broken, kept only to benefit the very few at the top. Blacks whites and Afrikaners have been let down badly by false expectations.

Food shelter and a right to live for all, not just those we take on as the latest politcally correct fashion accessory to show ourselves in a good light.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
So we've established that there are poor people in South Africa. Understood. Why the hell should it be more shocking for me, as a white person, seeing white people living in shantytowns than seeing black people living in similar (or worse) conditions? It doesn't.

Obviously they don't deserve it, but it's a social problem not a racial one. Poverty is equally horrible, whatever the colour of the poor person's skin happens to be.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
S+F. Good post.

The BEE legislation introduced (Black Economic Empowerment)

This is a joke.

Whilst living in Durban, the company (that i worked for) got a government contract because they willingly employed 2 black young males who were related to the government officials giving out the contract.

For the entire day, every working day, these 2 blacks would play games on computers and get payed.

Everybody knew and kept quiet about it.

If you have personal links with the government its a guaranteed job for life.

Aparteid is alive and well. The only difference is the pigment of the skin.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Which is my point poverty is indeed horrible whatever the colour of the skin, but in places such as Africa quite often social and political issues go hand in hand and it is indeed a racial one. If you have watched the videos or maybe read the BEE legislation you will see that it is indeed racism and discrimination but reversed. This kind of backwards logic appears to be being applied in questioning whether or not to help the poverty stricken Afrikaners.

What I am trying to say is if we applied the same rules now as we did back in the 70s & 80s which were based on white on black racism discrimination and genocide, the the Afrikaners should have exactly the same rights. You cannot discount the 3000+ farm murders as NOT being race crimes therefore the same rules should apply when it comes to aid and human rights.

Phew hard work this thread starting! maybe I should go back to lurking

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

There are very few people anywhere in the world who can claim indigeonous rights to the land they occupy, in fact I would go as far as to say that the term today is largely meaningless. We in the British Isles have no real idea has to who the Homogeonous Brits really were since we have been the subject of numereous colonisatations i.e. Celts, Romans, Saxons, Danes, Normans, some will even tell you that we are decendants of one of the lost Tribes of Israel, and I have even heard claimed that we originated from the City of Troy after its defeat. So for anyone claiming indigeonous rights to a location I say show me the proof of your races, or tribes continual occupation.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Thank you Rapha. That is another of my points that I've been attempting to get at very guardedly without causing an uproar

That is in itself another problem isn't it? I have to be very very careful what I say for fear of being labelled. I type and re type my posts and answers in case it comes across wrong to be immediately pounced on by the holier than thou brigade. It shouldn't be necessary. Anyone with a brain can see that I am attempting to show the plight of not only Afrikaners but SA in general, a situation that is no longer reported on. Its as though we in the West have "done our job" i.e. given back SA supported the ANC etc and then washed our hands of the problems that were bound to crop up afterwards.Showing just how whites are suffering as well as blacks is not racist its fact and I have not attempted to gloss over any of the Afrikaner history in doing so.

Apartheid is still operational in force but through our own guilt deservedly or not, we do not challenge itas we did 20 yrs ago on behalf of the blacks, through our guild we accept the new position or leave. Two wrongs don't make a right and is barring any move to future growth and respectability in SA. If they continue annihilating the Boers there will be no food. That is the big picture.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Yup fair enough point accepted indeed

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

By the way. thank you. I have been trying to point this out as I see it starting in the US and UK as well but you did it in a far more respectful and probably polite manner then I did. It is something all of us need to address. Are we going to keep racism but just change the the victims or get rid of it forever?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

You're welcome. Inequality and injustice anger me. To my mind we cannot cherry pick those we want to help based on the fashionable buzz word of the day and which race/culture/religion is oh so very now lol

The same justice the same liberty the same rights for all without ignoring some painful truths that ALL human beings are capable of being racist to a degree, we are territorial beings, but we should be aware that universalism is also not the answer either as that is a means of imposing western/european social and moral viewpoints on non Western/European races/cultures/tribes which is no less than arrogance.

Equality cannot be relative. Racist discrimination and oppression cannot be ignored regardless

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I just see white people crying because they aren't being held first in society, like they once were. There are poor white people all over the globe, what is the UN supposed to do? Poverty will exist as long as capitalism does. This is why there is a ton of rich white people in SA too. If you live in a class based economic system, poor and rich people are the outcome.

edit on 1-12-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

But are you saying that they actually deserve to be treat the very same way (or worse) than they did the blacks based on their history? Therefore, we shouldn't shed a tear for them, the same way we did for the blacks? Are they so undeserving in your eyes of any assistance? Is it right that we turn our backs because "hey theyre white they've made their bed they can lie in it"? Let me just mention also that these people are the by product of a regime we all rooted for and helped put into power.

We can't condone what is happening to the Afrikaners because its convenient. We can't condone it because we didn't condone what they did to the blacks. It has to work both ways. Amazingly there are reports and documentaries that have interviewed the poorest of the blacks who have said that whilst apartheid was heinous in the extreme, at least under the Whites (not necessarily Afrikaners I might add) they could get jobs. A few stated that they felt very let down by the ANC and whilst they realised that under white rule they may never have been rich, they were in fact better off. Not a popular concept.

When the breadbasket of Africa is empty, I have no doubt we will once again be asked to fill it and no doubt also some of us may think we should have seen the broader long term picture and helped the Afrikaners sooner.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

You. "I just see white people crying because they aren't being held first in society, like they once were. There are poor white people all over the globe, what is the UN supposed to do?"

From the OP. "With the shocking increase in the farm murders (over 3000 a year on average) South Africa, It is no secret that the current SA Government have every intention of killing every last Afrikaner For some young SA males it is a sport and often there have been reports/rumours of police rounding up young thugs from the shanty towns to use for this very purpose."

Do you support the SA Government policy of killing the Afrikaners (whites)? Or is that just the whites crying because they are not being held first in society, like they once were?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

There you go being more reasonable then me.
Maybe I should take lessons.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

Lol. Its easy to fly off the handle with outrage and indignation but rarely does anger get the point across nor make a difference.

It continues unabated and unaddressed. However a recent visit from Gregory Stanton has managed to raise some awareness of the situation by raising the genocide level of Afrikaners from 5-6 expressing shock at what he found in SA

www.genocidewatch.org...

Many open letters have been sent to the US Embassy in Pretoria requesting aid and calling for common sense from a country who actively supported the ANC who let us not forget, were categorised as a terrorist organisation by the US and UN alike,and now that the oppressed have become the oppressors, the Afrikaners feel abandoned.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Actually I consider it less anger then disgust with stupidity. I blame it on the job I did for the last 18yrs. In that job I was actually written up for being polite to my supervisor.
He and other supervisors have told me I will be fired the next time I am polite and that the proper response is to shout at the top of my voice "SHUT THE F##K UP!" at them. However as I no longer work there anymore I hope to be able to change and become a nicer person if that is possible.
Anyways I do believe your method will have better results then mine on here.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

But are you saying that they actually deserve to be treat the very same way (or worse) than they did the blacks based on their history?

No.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join