It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a Thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Maybe Dec. 21 is the actual date that we are supposed to have Christmas? Unlike we traditionally have it on the 25th. Maybe our date is a little off? Even though the date is to celebrate the birth of Christ its not even fact he was born on this date. I don't know much about Jesus or anything, but I do know that we do not know when he was born. Maybe we are off by 4 days. haha Just a thought. Anyone else want to chime in?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

you light up the tree and have candles and lights... Skipping over the tree of life, or the connection to things I cannot speak of here..

the 25th is when the Sun starts coming back, after being at it's lowest point in the sky, having been reborn.

It's kind of a mixture of different cultures symbolism..

It's becoming enlightened...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Its because jesus symbolizes the sun.

The sun is at its lowest point in the sky on dec 21, and for the next 3 days. ( 3 days of darkness)

Then on dec 25, it looks like the sun has been reborn, as it is a little higher.

xmas is simply a celebration of the birth of the sun, going into a new year.

edit on 1-12-2012 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Here I though X.Mas was just a Christ thing! Back in the day before Christ, it was the darkest day of the sun, Winter Solist and that was it! Really could not do anything but be ready for winter and hope the Gods were kind that year. And pray for a better year and be Greatfull / Thankfull for the year!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Did not know this
thanks a lot. I was just connecting some dots and that makes sense. i just know as Christmas goes it celebrates the birth of Christ. The pope has stated we could be off by days even years on that date(I think I read that here on ATS) so I thought maybe we are off by 4 days. haha Thanks for the replies everyone.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
its just another day... in the long run doesnt mean a damn thing... especially as their are many different calendars ... gregorian .. chinese lunar calendar.. islamic calendar.. time is an ab.stract created by humans in attempt to make order from chaos... there is no past.. no future... no today... only the moment... and the moment is infinity...
edit on 1/12/12 by Expat888 because: bloody english ... make head hurt.. is late... am drunk... attempt at correct translation...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

I suppose it depends on what you think Christmas is. Reciently there has been a lot of speculation that Christ was actually born sometime in the spring. Others believe December 25th was chosen for Christmas by the church to fold a pre existing pagan holiday into church doctrine. Always easier to steal market share than to butt heads with an opposing belief system. The Japanese are masters of that.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
its just another day... in the long run doesnt mean a damn thing... especially as their are many different calendars ... gregorian .. chinese lunar calendar.. islamic calendar.. time is an ab.stract created by humans in attempt to make order from chaos... there is no past.. no future... no today... only the moment... and the moment is infinity...
edit on 1/12/12 by Expat888 because: bloody english ... make head hurt.. is late... am drunk... attempt at correct translation...

Thats true in a way... except the part where you say time does not matter... Everything matters...

MArking the day of the year when the sun starts coming back and other similar points in the year is important to timing your planting...

You are not so reliant on knowing which part of the circle called a year we are on, but they sure were back in the day..

Infinity is wasted on reductionist souls.

top topics

join