Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Oracle of "I"...

page: 1
4

log in

join

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
In my fifty years on the Planet. This is what I have witnessed.

Incredible advances in technology have changed the human condition.



This is what we have devolved to. Why do we spend so much time on these devices?

Easy....Because they are all about us. Pictures of yourself that barely resemble you.

Lists of your Friends. Software tailored to make you believe what your Momma used to tell you.

Conformation that you really are "Special"....Guess what, you are not really that interesting.

Keep trying to convince yourself people care what you think.

How could they? They are completely wrapped up in themselves.

Just logging on to see the responses to their superior wit.

Ignoring anything without their name. Seeing if anyone "Liked" what they posted.

I miss the days of a nice face to face conversation. I will end my Rant with this...

Put your damn phone down. Turn off your PC. Turn off your television...

Rediscover the beauty in learning from each other face to face.

You never know...You just might learn something.




posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere
 



I miss the days of a nice face to face conversation. I will end my Rant with this...

Put your damn phone down. Turn off your PC. Turn off your television...

Rediscover the beauty in learning from each other face to face.

You never know...You just might learn something.


I'm laughing because you're ranting about technological dependence using a computer broadcasting over a wireless network viewed by thousands of people from their mobile devices.

Can the irony get any thicker?



posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by whyamIhere
 



I miss the days of a nice face to face conversation. I will end my Rant with this...

Put your damn phone down. Turn off your PC. Turn off your television...

Rediscover the beauty in learning from each other face to face.

You never know...You just might learn something.


I'm laughing because you're ranting about technological dependence using a computer broadcasting over a wireless network viewed by thousands of people from their mobile devices.

Can the irony get any thicker?


It's the only way to get anyone's attention...


Kind of my point....However, the irony is quite thick.



posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Keep in mind not everyone is like that, only the majority, but here at ATS we are not the sheep right.



posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. Those devices are only tools we use to change our world for the better.
No one cares about receiving personal attention....

(hmmm, I wonder how many stars I'll get for this post--maybe I should have been more provocative...people like forceful speech)



posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
This is ridiculous. Those devices are only tools we use to change our world for the better.
No one cares about receiving personal attention....

(hmmm, I wonder how many stars I'll get for this post--maybe I should have been more provocative...people like forceful speech)




You got a star from me.



posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Actually I love what you had to say! Facebook is about as evil as its gets!!! As for the rest, I pray that a Solar flair take out the Elect Grid!!
People are zombies, only caring about what new crap they could buy; on CREDIT! I am called weired because I talk to people so I can KNOW them, most are caught since they do not have a clue on what is meant by being HUMAN!
Anyone ever heard of Doing It Yourself? Todays age its either pay to have it done or buy it!
God forbid if the Elect goes out, Or the fact that realizing you CAN grow your own FOOD! People do not want to hear what you have to say because it is REAL! They would not have a clue on what to do!!!!
Your right and that is the TRUTH people don't want to hear. Do wish I knew more only have you notice most books are gone so you can not do this on your OWN! We are being played by a system that wants your Money and nothing more!
Hell, your LAND is not worth the paper if you do NOT OWN ALL the rights to it period! Sercret people do not know!
Even the hospitals have a scam, most you can do yourself and be okay! Even right now people that read this would call me something as with you!
I HEAR YOU and hopefully we can meet someday since as on TV all you can do is Shoot Zobbies in the head!!!
I did not MEAN that literely people!!!



posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere
 


And you aired this opinion of modern technology, from your Laptop, PDA, PC or other electronic device?



posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by whyamIhere
 


And you aired this opinion of modern technology, from your Laptop, PDA, PC or other electronic device?


That was the only way to talk with you.

Kind of my point.



posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by infoseeker26754
Actually I love what you had to say! Facebook is about as evil as its gets!!! As for the rest, I pray that a Solar flair take out the Elect Grid!!
People are zombies, only caring about what new crap they could buy; on CREDIT! I am called weired because I talk to people so I can KNOW them, most are caught since they do not have a clue on what is meant by being HUMAN!
Anyone ever heard of Doing It Yourself? Todays age its either pay to have it done or buy it!
God forbid if the Elect goes out, Or the fact that realizing you CAN grow your own FOOD! People do not want to hear what you have to say because it is REAL! They would not have a clue on what to do!!!!
Your right and that is the TRUTH people don't want to hear. Do wish I knew more only have you notice most books are gone so you can not do this on your OWN! We are being played by a system that wants your Money and nothing more!
Hell, your LAND is not worth the paper if you do NOT OWN ALL the rights to it period! Sercret people do not know!
Even the hospitals have a scam, most you can do yourself and be okay! Even right now people that read this would call me something as with you!
I HEAR YOU and hopefully we can meet someday since as on TV all you can do is Shoot Zobbies in the head!!!
I did not MEAN that literely people!!!


Thank you for getting my rant...


I really believe we are losing what makes us human.



posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere
 


We lost what makes us human a long time ago, when we stopped hunting together and sitting around a fire eating the days rewards as a unit. Society has de-socialized us in true form of human nature. We don't even eat as a family at the table anymore, we are too busy slaving to the elite in our everyday "jobs" just to earn enough to sustain us for one more month.



posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by whyamIhere
 


We lost what makes us human a long time ago, when we stopped hunting together and sitting around a fire eating the days rewards as a unit. Society has de-socialized us in true form of human nature. We don't even eat as a family at the table anymore, we are too busy slaving to the elite in our everyday "jobs" just to earn enough to sustain us for one more month.


reply to post by michael1983l
 


michael1983l!!! You are so smart!!! I whole heartily agree with you here.

Preparing and eating food together is so important. Tomorrow we are having our 3nd annual after Thanksgiving/before Christmas dinner with friends. My far away friend for 26 years, her kids, my other BFF, her kids, and one lonely neighbor will 'break bread' as they say, over a luscious turkey dinner. We all pitch in and have a really good time. I love to feed my friends.

My Mother taught me the importance of being at the table together, she didn't waver. I do the same for my kids. We cook and eat dinner together almost everyday.

I agree with the OP about the overuse of cell phones. It's annoying. Put the phone down Zombies!!

It isn't WHAT they are doing on the phone that I care about, It's the sick disconnectedness I see in the people who obsess with the phone itself. Always holding it, poking at it...charging it...OH yea, and sometimes even talking on it.

A lot of people are like this. It's almost like the phone is an extension of themselves...or an extra appendage...


I don't hate FB, sorry. I communicate with people via FB to make plans for RL socializing/working with tangible people.
I 'like' my friends stuff...they 'like' my stuff... It's all gravy
edit on 2-12-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine
 





It isn't WHAT they are doing on the phone that I care about, It's the sick disconnectedness I see in the people who obsess with the phone itself. Always holding it, poking at it...charging it...OH yea, and sometimes even talking on it.


I wish I would of found those words when I wrote the OP.

It's beyond annoying.



posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere
 


Hey OP, I'm a teenager with a smart phone. Doesn't make me a zombie.

Then again, I am conscience of what it does to people, especially people my age. I make it a vital goal of mine NEVER to be those kids in the photo. They piss me off. And honestly, I wish people had more real contact with one another, rather than living through facebook.

I never wanted my smart phone, I was perfectly happy with my tracphone. But, my fiance's mother got me the phone for Christmas last year, so I've been taking care of it. I use it for calls and texts, and I don't get either of them very often. I rarely use my phone's internet for anything. Most days, I don't use my phone at all.

Then again, I get your point. The idea of growing up innocent is less and less possible anymore, what with being literally surrounded with these devices. The thing is, you actually have to be aware of what those devices do to you, and how they rob your mind of true human thought. I have been on both ends.

Growing up, I had no phones, one gameboy that I rarely ever saw (I was grounded most of the time), and my cousin's playstation I got to play very rarely. That's all. The rest of the time, I played outside. My mind was a wonderland of unheard of idea, I started writing and drawing my stories...

Then at age 14, I went through a phase when I was ALWAYS on the internet, for about three months straight. Until I realized I wasn't spending any time with my friends, and I gained some weight from the laziness. Then, I kicked my ass off that computer.

Point is, it's a very easy trance to fall into when you aren't thinking about it constantly. It's like a diet. You have to have the discipline not to be tempted to eat things that are bad for you, until you've gone without it for so long, you no longer have the desire for it. I went a month or so without being able to afford soda. Now, I can't drink it anymore, because now, I can't stand it, and can't believe I ever drank it in the past (excluding the cokes made in Mexico, the ones without any fructose corn syrup, they are amazing, and much better for you).

I don't have the desire to sit on the internet all the time anymore either. I do it occasionally, but I couldn't live on the internet, I'd hate myself. It would go against everything I believe in, which relates to what your post expresses. I don't want to be a drone.



posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX
 


Thanks for replying in such and intelligent and insightful way.

It gives me great hope for the future...



posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere
 


I agree! See they're not all schmucks!!!



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX
 


Thanks for replying in such and intelligent and insightful way.

It gives me great hope for the future...


Thank you


I promise, my friends and I are intelligent, creative and thoughtful people. We like video games, but we also go out, play, hang out, you know... actually MOVE around beyond the couch. We're awesome





new topics

top topics



 
4

log in

join