It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the Masonic Brothers :

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

You have a very skewed idea of what Freemasonry is. You, like some of the anti's are giving it way too much power. It's basic as far as the deep mystery schools, but it's fantastic as to the way it teaches such simple lessons. You want mediation, find the Rosicrucians. I think you just have the wrong idea of what masonry really is.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

“The real source from whence the Ancient Wisdom came was…Old India, the Mother of Civilizations and Religions, and of the esoteric or concealed wisdom.” —Dr. J.D. Buck, Mystic Masonry

“It has been called “The Third Eye.” The Ancient Hindus called it the Eye of Siva…It is atrophied, and therefore dormant in the average individual…The Eye of Siva is, in fact, an All-Seeing-Eye; for it practically annuls Space and Time as concepts on the physical plane… A real Master [Mason], then, has the Eye of Siva; the pineal gland, dormant in others, is active in him…” —Dr. J.D. Buck, Mystic Masonry

Are these not accurate? The Masons I know personally have both told me they had a life changing experience during the third degree. Have you read my Triptych thread? It makes a link between the Masonic tracing board and the human brain.It seems Masonry today is half and half about esoteric study. Do none of you truly not find an interest In the Kabbalah for Scottish Rite? I participated in the Theosophy thread; I took it most of you had respect for that study.

From what I have read Masonry teaches moral lessons through ceremony and rites. I believe the lessons learned make you a more spiritual person and thus the association with the Third Eye. Is it true that Master Masons, can 'recognize' other Master Mason's even if they don't know them? Something one of my references told.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Checking out that thread right now. Hmmm...I'm really going to have to look into lodges in this area. Okay, I just talked to a friend about it, and he said...well, his words weren't too kind. Essentially, I was told that Freemasons have commercialized the brotherhood. They used to be worthwhile, but they've slowly become corrupted, and now they're no better than any other elite club. My attention was directed to the two National Treasure movies, funded and promoted by Masons. The message: "Become a mason and hunt treasure!"

Any thoughts on this?

edit on 2-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

There is a Rosicrucian discussion group downtown, thinking about going this month. I've considered stopping by the lodge to say Hi every so often so they know I am still serious about it for the next year.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I don't think you're in my area. But I've been talking to a very good friend of mine who has ancestry in a lot of this history, so I'm thinking about going into a deeper discussion with him. In fact, he just told me about his version of the Grail Story. The search for truth, if you will.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The third degree is a very meaningful experience. It's the pinnacle in every master masons masonic life. I wish I could tell you that it opens the Third eye, or it make you into a super hero, it doesn't. It humbles you and lets you know how much you don't know, but let's you know that through perseverance, you can gain all the knowledge you seek. It will take a lifetime, nothing will happen immediately.

There are many paths to the knowledge. Why you seek it is much more important than what you seek.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
Is it true that Master Masons, can 'recognize' other Master Mason's even if they don't know them? Something one of my references told.

Yes, by their actions.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Essentially, I was told that Freemasons have commercialized the brotherhood. They used to be worthwhile, but they've slowly become corrupted, and now they're no better than any other elite club. My attention was directed to the two National Treasure movies, funded and promoted by Masons. The message: "Become a mason and hunt treasure!"
The idea that Masonry had anything to do with the National Treasure movies or the Dan Brown novels is hogwash. We were amused by the movies that came out, and for the most part they painted us in a favorable light, but we had nothing to do with making them.

I think the most "commercial" you'll get is the NASCAR car that the Scottish Rite sponsors.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by network dude

“The real source from whence the Ancient Wisdom came was…Old India, the Mother of Civilizations and Religions, and of the esoteric or concealed wisdom.” —Dr. J.D. Buck, Mystic Masonry

“It has been called “The Third Eye.” The Ancient Hindus called it the Eye of Siva…It is atrophied, and therefore dormant in the average individual…The Eye of Siva is, in fact, an All-Seeing-Eye; for it practically annuls Space and Time as concepts on the physical plane… A real Master [Mason], then, has the Eye of Siva; the pineal gland, dormant in others, is active in him…” —Dr. J.D. Buck, Mystic Masonry

Are these not accurate? The Masons I know personally have both told me they had a life changing experience during the third degree. Have you read my Triptych thread? It makes a link between the Masonic tracing board and the human brain.It seems Masonry today is half and half about esoteric study. Do none of you truly not find an interest In the Kabbalah for Scottish Rite? I participated in the Theosophy thread; I took it most of you had respect for that study.

As network dude suggested, you're applying too much to this, or, your view of what Freemasonry is has been hugely influenced by media and Hollywood. Going through the degrees, you aren't told special "secrets" about the universe that others don't know. You arent told where Mary Magdalene is buried nor where the Ark of the Covenant is located. It's NOTHING like that.

It is, quite literally, stories explaining history which you as a Brother, interpret and use in your way to help make you a "better man". That's it.

From what I have read Masonry teaches moral lessons through ceremony and rites. I believe the lessons learned make you a more spiritual person and thus the association with the Third Eye.

Well, kind of - but the whole "Third Eye" thing is very strange - it implies some esoteric quality to Freemasonry, which there isn't.

Is it true that Master Masons, can 'recognize' other Master Mason's even if they don't know them? Something one of my references told.

Yes, but sadly, it's all on the net now. None if it is truly secret. BUT... if you are trying to petition to join a lodge and try to impress them with some Master Mason knowledge - that's a sure enough way to keep yourself out. This is one of those things where, apart from general historical knowledge, there is no need to "read up" and "study" on what it all means ahead of time

They DO NOT expect you to know what it all means. Hell, my lodge has people who have been in it 50 years and still don't know what it all means. But that's the beauty, that's the challenge and the fun.

Also - Freemasonry is very charitable and we spend a HUGE portion of our time generating funds for charities.

No one sits around on carpets, going "Ohhmmm" and trying to use the Force. It's all allegory and symbology and history.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
No one sits around on carpets...trying to use the Force.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

I don't think becoming a Freemason or a Master Mason, will make me master of the Universe. Also I was pretty sure it had nothing to do with Mary Magdalene or the Ark. That's it though Network Dude; a lot of people have described that very same thing with Astral Projection, etc, it makes them realize how much more there is to life that we don't know.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I used an inversion table to help with my back troubles.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Sorry, I was only using those two things as examples, merely illustrating there is no such elusive truths hidden away, as some mass media likes to portray.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Let me explain; during my banquet dinner, I was making conversation about my studies where I figured that your eyes perceive two different ranges, and it is in the third ventricle that they combine to create the overlayed reality. I noted that the eyes actually perceive things upside down but it was in the brai where it is reverted. At this point was when the comment was made about seeing some "stuff" while upside down. That is when I mentioned that it's the blood flow to the head and putting your head between your knees.

I apologize to your fraternity and brothers if they may have felt I was being disrespectful. I always see the comments on here about how if you want to know what Freemasonry is about do some reading, etc. Therefore, I didn't realize I was making myself come across as a cowan; so I apologize Mr. Norton. Just know none of my actions were ill intended or dishonest in the least; and I most certainly was dropping no eaves sir.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join