It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the Masonic Brothers :

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Why do you hang upside down? Is there any material about putting your head between your need to direct blood flow to the head? What are some interesting things you have seen? Just some things I picked up on in the conversation while sitting at the lodge.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It's called an inversion table and it's for my back. If I'd have know I'd be in the shape I'm in today at 36, I would have takin' waaaay better care of myself! Oh well, the life of a redneck takes its toll on ya!

Unless you're talking about the whole hanging upside down after our sex rituals..... And if that's what you meant, I have no clue what you're talking about!

It's an oath Brother, shhhhhh!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Unless you're talking about the whole hanging upside down after our sex rituals.

Well, that cured my episode of curiosity rather quickly!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It has nothing to do with Freemasonry, as the other Brother said perhaps someone was talking about an inversion table that they are using for personal health reasons.

BTW Have you now been Initiated in a Lodge of Freemasons?
edit on 1-12-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I have read that hanging upside down from the ceiling can help chronic back pain, but that's really not what I was talking about. Me personally my ears pick up that familiar ringing and buzzing from meditation but so much louder when I hang upside down. I can even hear the humming now.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

I have to reapply next year; they said they all liked me very much and have reference from two close friends and family who are Master Masons along with my grandfather. Just told me to watch what I say next time "because we don't have any secrets", when I never said I thought they did lol. I mentioned Boaz and Jacchin, the Masonic tracing board etc. but I don't believe I ever referred to them as secrets.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

To be honest it kind of aggravated me that they denied me for that, when that was never my belief or view. I felt like I was denied for nothing, and the way I see it, I might not even have a next year.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This is more along the lines of what I was getting at.

According to some of the adepts of the Jewish Merkabah mystical tradition, if one wished to "descend to the Merkabah" one had to adopt the prayer posture taken by the Prophet Elijah in I Kings 18:42, namely to pray with one's head between one's knees. This is the same prayer posture used by the Christian Hesychists and is the reason that they were mocked by their opponents as "navel gazers" (omphalopsychites). This bodily position and the practice of rhythmically breathing while invoking a divine name seems to be common to both Jewish Merkabah mysticism and Christian Hesychasm. Thus the practice may have origins in the ascetical practices of the biblical prophets.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I now feel like a complete moron for replying to your thread! Thanks for that...

You made it sound like you're a fellow Mason. Only to hear that you were denied admittance into the Brotherhood. And yet you're asking questions about things you've heard in lodge? WTF man?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Once a mason, always a mason. I may not have been yet now, but I was most certainly before.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

So you're both a cowan AND an eavesdropper. Yeah, I don't see the tiler letting you through the door any time soon.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I see, this is one of the reasons that I recommend that those interested in becoming a candidate for the degrees of Craft Freemasonry be careful not to read to much before petitioning (the other is that it can and will spoil the experience to some extent). Don't act like a Freemason when you haven't earned the right to call yourself such. If you believe that Freemasonry is for you, don't be discouraged by being declined this time and do petition again. I assure you, there will be a next year.
edit on 1-12-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I was dropping no eaves sir, they said it plain in front of me at the banquet in my honor. Although, I'm not quite sure what a cowan is.
He even gave me a peculiar look and smile when I commented about putting your head between your legs will do the same thing. I don't mean to act as a mason but I take that saying to heart. So much do because I wonder if I didn't have something todo with it in a past life. That's why I'm so passionate about it.
edit on 1-12-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

A cowan is someone who acts like a mason despite not having completed apprenticeship. Personally, from what I have seen of you, I believe you would make a fine Mason. But since I am not one (one day, I hope) I would rather you not quote me on that.

All I can say is, best of luck in your endeavors!
As a side note, I do not fear posting in this thread despite my lack of status. If there are to be secrets, I feel I have a right to know them. My own personal journeys have yielded many keys of understanding with which to unlock doors of truth, should they be presented or found.
edit on 1-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
Although, I'm not quite sure what a cowan is.
In the 1598 text Stat. & Ord. Maister Maissounis, “That na maister or follow of craft ressaue ony cowanis to wirk in his societie or companye, nor send nane of his servands to wirk wt cowanis, under the pane of twentie punds.”, or as my friend OED says,

One who builds dry stone walls (i.e. without mortar); a dry-stone-diker; applied derogatorily to one who does the work of a mason, but has not been regularly apprenticed or bred to the trade.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by no1smootha

I have to reapply next year; they said they all liked me very much and have reference from two close friends and family who are Master Masons along with my grandfather. Just told me to watch what I say next time "because we don't have any secrets", when I never said I thought they did lol. I mentioned Boaz and Jacchin, the Masonic tracing board etc. but I don't believe I ever referred to them as secrets.

Wait, so.. you were proposed to be a candidate, filled out the forms, had your proposer and seconder agree, it was taken to Lodge committee and...they agreed, had a banquet in your honour (?!) but you were not initiated?

I really don't get what exactly went on there. Sounds very odd. Plus, what did you expect when you start dropping a lot of Freemason words about when, as a candidate, you're not meant to know anything? Some of them might have seen that as disrespectful. While there really are no "secrets" in Freemasonry, there is ritual. And all members have an utmost respect for those rituals. By you blabbing them about when you're not a member but being "considered" would seem very.. at odds.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Thank you for the clarification, however all I did was be honest like they asked me to. I told them I wanted to be a mason because from how I've been changing my life, I want to be a free alternative health doctor with treatments/cures based in Spagyric's. I know that Freemasonry has an intimate connection to the third we which is the most important aspect in my spiritual beliefs. I touched on some of the comments of my posts and they seemed pleased with my knowledge. I think that Freemasonry can give me the tools to better and help myself so that I may help others. Not financially or anything, I just need the council and guidance of those in this field because you guys are all I have to talk about the interesting phenomena of the uni-verse.

I mean no ill will to any of you; an have utmost respect fr your entire brotherhood.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Let me just say that I am being forced to study the society from an outside and alone perspective. All of the Brothers said they liked me very much; just that they didn't know if they had what I was looking for because they didn't have secrets. Forgive me JoshNorton, but if what I believe is correct I can't not help but learn about it now. It's so hard to explain. But I don't want to float in a sea of ignorance on the subject until I am taken in. One of the Master Masons who recommended me, I grew up with and have known for 13+ years. The other is married into my family and likes me very much. I am sorry for intruding upon your privacies; but it's only because I truly seek the knowledge and dont know many that are competent in helping me in the areas I seek.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Huh. Think they'd let me join if I only wanted to understand the world better so I could find my place and serve others the best I am able? At this point in time, I'm not in the position to accomplish these things, but I hope that at some future date, I'd be able to join. I just can't find any in my area...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

hahaha thanks for the chuckle.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join