Report: Kansas City Chiefs player kills girlfriend, takes own life

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
So much for the game. Looks like the Panthers will win this round.

Such a shame, He only killed himself because he didn't want to face the charges of killing his girlfriend. This world is too crazy. He took the easy way out. He could of killed himself rather than taking someone with him. It's not fair to her.

By Doug Farrar |

sports.yahoo.com...

Reports are just coming in regarding a tragedy involving the Kansas City Chiefs, but here's what we know at this time. According to KCTV-5 News in Kansas City, a Chiefs player shot and killed his girlfriend at a house near 54th street and Chrysler Avenue on Saturday morning.

The player then drove to a practice facility near the team's main campus and took his own life. The team's Arrowhead practice facility was evacuated and is currently on police lockdown.

"We can confirm that there was an incident at Arrowhead earlier this morning," the team said in a statement this morning. "We are cooperating with authorities in their investigation."

According to FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, the name of the player will not be revealed until his family is informed. Glazer also reports that Chiefs players have been asked to assemble at the team's main facility so that they can be informed of all the details.

The Chiefs are scheduled to play the Carolina Panthers at Arrowhead at 1:00 PM ET Sunday.

Stay tuned for updates on this developing story.

edit on 1-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Fame, Fortune, Luxury....
and then he does something like this.

I want to understand, I truly do.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If I played for the Chiefs I'd consider suicide too. Seriously, while tragic this happens on a daily basis. I get the point though. The NFL is the premier sports league in NA and holds it's players to a higher standard than anyone else. These things do happen though.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Fame, Fortune, Luxury....
and then he does something like this.

I want to understand, I truly do.

There's a theory that continual blows to the head destabilizes a players thinking process. I don't know how much credence to put on it but it's plausible imo.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Piggybacking off your post, it's true that most of these NFL players have suffered multiple concussions starting at a young age to when they reached the pinnacle of their careers. CTE or Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy which is a progressive degenerative disease, diagnosed post-mortem in individuals with a history of multiple concussions. Most NFL athletes will be facing these scary changes with their mind soon enough...

Is the money and fame worth it? I don't think so... My kids will play baseball, basketball, swimming, track.... No football for them...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

This link is saying it was linebacker Jovan Belcher. It's really a very sad situation. I feel terrible for the girlfriends family and also for his family.

xfinity.comcast.net...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Thanks for that. It's a team I'm not familiar with. There are other too that are affected by this. Chiefs players and coaches. Chiefs fans. Crappy news for an already demoralized team.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Yes that's very true, a lot of people are certainly going to be very upset and affected.

This kind of reminds me of the Chris Benoit, the wrestler, murder suicide. So many people were devastated. If I remember correctly they thought repeated concussions had to do with that.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

I think Benoit's incident was a case of "Roid Rage."

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Oh you're right, I had forgotten about that. (my memory is not good, I'll be the first to admit!)

The sad reality is, whatever the reason for any of them, like you wrote earlier, these things happen often and not just with the "famous" but with everyday people too.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I just heard on ESPN that their daughter was born on 911. This just opened a can of worms for conspiracy theorist. I am going to try and find a source for this information....
edit on 1-12-2012 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Jovan's Facebook Page...

Scroll down his facebook page it is right on top. Baby born on 911. This makes me think about the Colorado shooter and the many other coincidental events involving birthdates, and dates of 911. Now isreal is building a 911 underground facility?

What do you guys think?
edit on 1-12-2012 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

As an athlete i know that there is a massive underground "culture" of steroid use to become better athletes. College and professional. Coaches, players and everyone involved. Only those who get caught are made examples of for media.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Update

Originally posted by intrepid
If I played for the Chiefs I'd consider suicide too.

Dude.......really? That's one of those things you feel guilty for laughing at.

They're not going to say anything outright, but watch ESPN for the next few days and if you start to hear more conversations about concussions and steroid type drug use, then we'll know what was behind this. If not, the man had personal issues he felt he couldn't work through.

Either way, I feel for his daughter and their families.

new topics
top topics

join