It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[2013] Writing Contest [Winners Announced}

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I thought this one would be easy since I've been dreamig about surviving in a post-apocalyptic (with or without zombies) world since I was I was a little fella. But.... nudda.

So in the end I used my lack of inspiration as my inspiration...

Was actually gonna be much more epicly long but it was late and i only started it at 11 last night (not a good idea when you have to wake up at 4:30am).

Hope you enjoy.

Writer's Block [2013]

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Finally got enough time to start looking at the other stories and congrats everybody the standard is as always incredibly high.

Just wondering though... Doesn't anyone think something nice might happen after the 21st of December...?

ETA: just noticed a distinct lack of zombies as well. Very disappointed ATS
edit on 9/12/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
And here's a second entry...

***BREAKING NEWS***

Writing in a contest is a strange thing. Writing "Oh My God" really stretched my imagination and I spent hours and hours detailing it and almost a week later, ten flags.

***Breaking News*** was written in little less than an hour, it is short and to the point, and eight hours later, eight flags.

This could mean that members could prefer really short stories or it could also mean that they prefer really short and disturbing short stories ( I know I do ) or maybe I'm looking into this too deep...

Anyway, hope readers like the second entry. Thinking that this could really happen scares the heck out of me.

~Son.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I got inspired, from several different sources, and threw it all together in what may be the singular most daring ( and potentially insane ) story I have ever written.

Ladies and gentleman, I give you my fourth contribution to this wonderful contest:

The Sad Tale of Mike and the Faceless "THEM"

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
And the winners are...

1st:

Hefficide
Ascension™

2nd:

Hefficide
Freaking Mayans

3rd:

Druid42
One Last Breath-Part Two

Congrats to the winners, thanks to all those who entered the contest and a happy new year to everyone reading.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
A heartfelt congrats to all the winners and all the folks who wrote. Awesome job!

And a personal thanks to masqua, for taking on and keeping this great concept alive!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

That was a one flag difference for all the stories. Very Close.

Congrats Heff, on sweeping 1st and 2nd place!

Special thanks to all those who entered. All entries deserve an Honorable Mention, honestly.

On to the next contest......Curious to see what the topic will be.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Congratulations to both Heff and Druid for writing remarkable stories !

The talent in this forum is amazing. Totally !!!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Congrats to the winners and all who participated, and espacially Masqua, for making ATS much more interesting.

The contributions are really good and most certainly can improve and evolve, and hopefully publishers whom need talents may take a look at the winners, their style and concepts of bringing points across effectively, provened and consider them for writing project deals.

A win win solution for all, so that all who steps into ATS will benefit, one way or another.

Good luck and may more participate in future endeavours. Cheers! :-)
edit on 3-1-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Happy congratulations and salutations to the winners, comiserations to those who failed to win, and also, thanks to Masqua, for posing the questions that draw such art from our minds.

And of course, happy new year to everyone!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'll present a query to the January Writing Contest. I'm looking for a link to it, and come up short.

???
???

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Taking an ATS break for myself, Druid... something everyone needs once in a while. There are other mods who could start a contest for January but, failing that, there's always February. Perhaps I'll start a new one then.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
reply to post by Druid42

Taking an ATS break for myself, Druid... something everyone needs once in a while. There are other mods who could start a contest for January but, failing that, there's always February. Perhaps I'll start a new one then.

Understood, my friend. Enjoy the break!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Understood, and will be awaiting your return.

Many fine contests. A break is favorable at times.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join