It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrophysicist Predicts X-Flare Similar to Carrington Event on 12/18/12 that will hit Earth 12/21/12

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
My favorite from the article:

In Bealeton, Virginia, larks were stirred from their sleep at 1 a.m. and began to warble. (Unfortunately for them, a conductor on the Orange & Alexandria Railroad was also awake and shot three of them dead.)

Peace

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Probably the solar flare that the aliens are gonna fly out of,,,,,,,,ha

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The Sun is the source of 98.6% of the mass (thus graviational forces) for the entire solar system combined. The outrageously minor gravitational effects of all the planets aligned like a spear towards the Sun would have no effect on the random chaos of the thermonuclear reactions on the surface of the Sun.

Anymore than all the ships in the world in one spot could stop a Tsunami.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouswa

Aug.27th,1859 / Dec.17, 2012

Earth... Earth...

Sun... Sun...

Ceres... Ceres...

I don't see the same alignment, Do you?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
so subscribe to his blog and buy his book

shameless

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

According to the alien captured at Roswell, we live on a Prison Planet and there is an active system keeping our third eye closed, causing us amnesia. See
; ALIEN INTERVIEW Matilda O'Donnell MacElroy.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

Let me be the first to say; if there is any merit to this, it could be about time for our Pineal gland's to finally wake up. I'm waiting in the day the Great Architect will flip that switch to open up our third eyes.

Pretty sure my switch was flipped not to long ago.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

from your " source "

Astrologer Contact Information
Alandra - [email protected]
Phillippa - [email protected]

says it all really

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

An astrophysicist talking about alignments?

I think you mean an Astrologer.

Alignments have been proven to have no measurable effect time after time.

Also, the Carrington Event had more to do with the cycles of Solar dynamics than external forces.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Scientific facts:There is a relationship (magnetic universe) between planets and the sun. During alignments, the flow or electric flow causes a "pull" or "tug" with earthquakes corresponding to these types of alignments. Historic facts show that certain alignments are more powerful in terms of "pulling/tugging" than other types of alignments. Add to that the largest asteroid in our solar system (that we've found that is) and there is strong evidence that the Sun will be aggravated to the point of producing an X-flare.

Sorry that is not science. That is not fact. That is baloney.

Alignments are meaningless.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I will be glad when the 21st of December comes and goes (with out the trumpets of doom) and this kind of crap will stop, all these kind of stupid predictions are really getting to be boring

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I'll just wait and see it when it comes out on Video....

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Agreed my friend the wake up call the 12 frequencies will be turned on and we are going to consciousness. We currently have 7 light ones, the 5 extra ones fit between like piano keys these are harmonic. Then a balancer will be sent to link all the frequencies together. Love will be dominant my friends

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

The alignment with galactic centre is the big deal, oh yeah the other big deal is the Milky Way has gone around orvorton again, that alignment takes 200 million years.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Don't just make a remark like that stating it's not fact, prove it wrong. I'd like to hear why you think this way?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by frenzy4444

The apparent alignment with the galactic equator occurs twice every year. For the past few decades it has occurred on the solstices. This year's is nothing special.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

He's not an astrologer himself, he's an astrophysicist. He consults with other professionals for a full discussion.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
2 Min Observers on You Tube just did a video today where he interviewed 3 scientists on The Electric Universe.

Ancient human history depicts pictures of humans with electricity near them and there are "Gods" that they speak about who threw electric poles to the earth. These scientists think the sky has NOT been unchanged for 5,000 years. They state when you look back through ancient drawings and legends, there is evidence worldwide that the Sun was perturbed and something rained from the skies.

Most interesting is towards the end of the video, they talk about all leading scientists who agree the Sun is reacting to a force (that is known, but not talked about).

Ancient people could not explain it in a way that was meaningful to us, until now.

The Thunderbolt Project

Plasma physics talks about the effect of the Sun and our Universe

2MinObserver Video

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
massive solar flare could of caused Carrington event

Earlier this year, a team of Japanese physicists discovered a spike in 14C in tree rings of Japanese cedars dating from the 774–75 growing season. But they were unable to explain where that 14C might have come from because all possible explanations appeared unlikely. But Adrian Melott, a physicist at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, who is the lead author of the new study, says that the Japanese team made a miscalculation in ruling out one of these possibilities — a giant solar storm.

If the 774–75 event was indeed a flare, it’s a disturbing find. Such a flare would be about 60 times more powerful than the 1989 solar storm that knocked out power to much of Quebec for nine hours on a cold winter night. Multiply that by 60 and add two decades of increased technological vulnerability, and the effects might be disastrous. “A lot of people could die,” Melott says. “You could have power out for months or longer — no refrigerated food, no food being transported to all the people who live in big cities.”

Paper re: massive solar flares

After these estimates were made, we noted a new study14 of upper limits on energetic events at the Sun. An event of the energy resulting from our scaling lies just at their upper limits for an event that might appear every thousand years or so. Therefore a solar proton event appears to be a possible cause, which demands further exploration of a potential massive threat to modern civilization.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

Your reasoning is elementary, thus, The Electric Universe is what is the cause.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join