How bad is the economy..Let me tell you

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

I was reading all the posts, then I came to yours. You are doing ok so you think everyone elseshould be doing fine too. That is exactly how the out of touch politicians think because they have so much money they can't imagine that anyone should be angry at being sold out for 30 pieces of silver.

The economy is NOT going to get better for MOST people. Even if you raise taxes on the wealthy, the poor will suffer more. The POTUS and the rest of the NWO controllers are deliberately ruining the economy of the US so that we will have to accept the terms of the NWO Totalitarian rules they are setting in place even as we speak.

Read Glenn Beck's book "UN Agenda 21" for a preview of what is to come if we allow this stuff to go on. although it is fiction, I think it is almost more of a prediction based on the probablitilies of where Agenda 21 policies are going.
Agenda 21 is one of theeee most Draconian things EVER and completely ECLIPSES NDAA, Patriot Act or TSA Enhanced GROPING.

The NWO Will control our energy intake, our water, and yes probably how much toilet paper we get, how much food we can consume.

You'd best wake up and listen to your fellow ATSrs because a lot of people here can feel and see what is happening on many levels.
If you want to cheerlead the POTUS, fine that's up to you, but I will never support him or those behind him.

The economy is going over the cliff unless we make them STOP what they are doing.
Republicans included. I am disgusted that RINOS in power are caving to this bs budget stuff. THe POTUS budget proposal is nothing less than national suicide.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I don't recall cheering for Obama...

Sometimes Horus...you need to just stay in your cage like a good little programmed sheep.

The MSM is programming you to see doom so that is what you see...you are being played for fear and despair....congratulations on reacting just as they intended for you to.

To actual poin of fact...

I said "from where I sit, I have reason to be optimistic" (or something to that effect)...the area I live in is doing fine...maybe if you read the entire thread instead of knee jerking like you always do you might have figured the obvious out.

BTW...I voted for Gary Johnson so go back in your cave until you learn how to fully read before adding your needless sheep calls. My world is looking pretty sunny...maybe if you took the Faux news "doom glasses" off and got to work you'd see some sunshine too. I see the glass half full....obviously you see one half empty.

ETA:

You have to do much better than referencing Glenn Beck...the dude is a moron.

And the Fiscal Cliff? They are going to run and jump over it...and you know what? So F'ing what. We need to cut the deficit by more than 600 Billion...so let them...we will survive.
edit on 12/2/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The economy didn't just suddenly die 2 years ago. My area went to hell 8 years ago. Around 2004 jobs started a mass exodus from my state. Now theirs hardly anything left other then retail or other bs jobs. I live in a area that relies on the automotive industry. Usually when the economy gets bad the auto industry is one of the first hit.

People are cutting and changing their spending habbits. Certain things people are cutting out of their budgets. I keep aquariums and have been in the hobby for years. It's kinda a niche hobby and a lot of people are dropping out of it. I noticed in some of the more well off areas of the state the aquarium stores are going strong but in other areas not so much. People are being more frugal of where and how they spend their money.
edit on 2-12-2012 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
The economy didn't just suddenly die 2 years ago. My area went to hell 8 years ago. Around 2004 jobs started a mass exodus from my state. Now theirs hardly anything left other then retail or other bs jobs. I live in a area that relies on the automotive industry. Usually when the economy gets bad the auto industry is one of the first hit.

People are cutting and changing their spending habbits. Certain things people are cutting out of their budgets. I keep aquariums and have been in the hobby for years. It's kinda a niche hobby and a lot of people are dropping out of it. I noticed in some of the more well off areas of the state the aquarium stores are going strong but in other areas not so much. People are being more frugal of where and how they spend their money.
edit on 2-12-2012 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

Yeah one guy opened a shop for aquarium lovers and he closed shop a year later. I was there twice and he had a very nice shop and knew his stuff. It was just a bad time to get started

However at about the same time a few local restaurants and a new health store opened up and business is a booming..

edit on 2-12-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I like browsing eBay for mineral specimens and gemstones among other things. I've noted the last few years how many vendors have disappeared and how much the variety of items for sale has dried up. 2009 and earlier seemed to be the heyday. Perhaps part of that is due to changes in eBay's seller and buyer policies, but I would think the economy plays the greatest role in the downward trend. Nowadays the selection is significantly more limited and bargains are fewer and further in between.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

Sorry to hear man....My local coffee shop is closing up...its the only place i like in town...As a cop I get offered free coffee in about 3 different places but I go to this one because its my favorite...even though they charge me. I was crushed to see them closing. Horrible times and I wish you luck buddy.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by proximo

It's not wallowing in depression to look at the facts. They are not pretty. Nothing has been done to fix what happened in 2008. The banks are still incredibly unstable and can easily bring the economy down. They are leveraged at insane ratios of 30 to 1 and more. The derivatives outstanding have increased. The federal government is now 5 trillion more in debt and has the fed buying 75% of all the debt it issues because no one else wants it. That means soon there will be no more ability to run a deficit - when that happens POOF 15% of our GDP goes bye bye. None of the stimulus has done anything to spur the economy.

Economic power is based on what a population produces in goods and services and materials. The amount of currency that represents that production is meaningless, its overall value is based on that production and the ability for that production to be taxed.

This country is less productive today than it was five years ago, and there is no reason to think that is going to change anytime soon. Manufacturing can be done cheaper elsewhere, those jobs aren't coming back. Our education system is deteriorating, and other countries systems are improving. This means our share of future innovation is going to be less. Then there is the ever increasing dependence on government handouts, and our aging population.

I can't see a single reason to be optimistic.

I think you are seeing what you want to see...

They country is stronger than it was 5 years ago because we were living a lie, people were making a
mint selling greed and bullsheet. Nowadays people are being better with their money, being more realistic
and investing in ways that are long term.

I think the negative people who are invested in this negative narrative are the worst thing for this economy
because you infect everyone with your doubt and fear.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Jeremiah65

I was reading all the posts, then I came to yours. You are doing ok so you think everyone elseshould be doing fine too. That is exactly how the out of touch politicians think because they have so much money they can't imagine that anyone should be angry at being sold out for 30 pieces of silver.

The economy is NOT going to get better for MOST people. Even if you raise taxes on the wealthy, the poor will suffer more. The POTUS and the rest of the NWO controllers are deliberately ruining the economy of the US so that we will have to accept the terms of the NWO Totalitarian rules they are setting in place even as we speak.

Read Glenn Beck's book "UN Agenda 21" for a preview of what is to come if we allow this stuff to go on. although it is fiction, I think it is almost more of a prediction based on the probablitilies of where Agenda 21 policies are going.
Agenda 21 is one of theeee most Draconian things EVER and completely ECLIPSES NDAA, Patriot Act or TSA Enhanced GROPING.

The NWO Will control our energy intake, our water, and yes probably how much toilet paper we get, how much food we can consume.

You'd best wake up and listen to your fellow ATSrs because a lot of people here can feel and see what is happening on many levels.
If you want to cheerlead the POTUS, fine that's up to you, but I will never support him or those behind him.

The economy is going over the cliff unless we make them STOP what they are doing.
Republicans included. I am disgusted that RINOS in power are caving to this bs budget stuff. THe POTUS budget proposal is nothing less than national suicide.

Bull,

Republicans ruined the economy so they can blame the "government" and use it as an excuse to gut
social programs and strengthen corporate control.

That is EXACTLY what conservatives have been focusing on since they engineered this turn of events.

All their proposed solutions seem to be geared to fulfill these two principles.

Engineering failure on purpose.
edit on 2-12-2012 by Thepump because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Well no worries. I read this morning that Obama has asked for another 50 billion in US - don't know for what - but I am sure involves giving people more money to spend without working.

For the life of me I do not understand how the people of America cannot figure this out. Bringing back jobs is only thing that is going make the economy stable again - period. I don't care if they have force corporations into returning to America or not - it has to be done to save it's own ass.

It is that simple - but evidently the great unifier can't see that or figure that out while he is in the air enjoying himself.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dukesy

Well no worries. I read this morning that Obama has asked for another 50 billion in US - don't know for what - but I am sure involves giving people more money to spend without working.

For the life of me I do not understand how the people of America cannot figure this out. Bringing back jobs is only thing that is going make the economy stable again - period. I don't care if they have force corporations into returning to America or not - it has to be done to save it's own ass.

It is that simple - but evidently the great unifier can't see that or figure that out while he is in the air enjoying himself.

Manufacturing and Exports by the US are picking up at a rate that has not been seen in many decades.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It is REALLY bad when Walmart in my town has had to lay off employees around end of November, when this is usually the time they hire people for the holidays.

My husband works for a grocer and says they only get the heaviest business at beginning of month when benefits go out, and the rest of the month is very slow.

This is worrisome.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
With all respect to coffee shops, and grocery stores, the real engine of the economy needs to be a robust manufacturing base, which will then feed the ancillary businesses such as small grocery stores and the like.

Our manufacturing base has been decimated. It needs to be rebuilt if we ever intend to compete with other countries. We need to have a massive number of construction and manufacturing jobs return to the United States if we intend on retaining our position in the global economy.

It is going to be fascinating to see what happens in the oil and gas industry in the upcoming years. We have major reserves right here in the U.S. that could make us energy independent from the rest of the Middle East. I cherish the day when this happens and we are no longer dependent on foreign sources for oil.

We just need to tap into the vast natural resources in our country, of which there are so many. We have the natural resources, the brain power, and, in general, the work ethic, to make a big comeback if we choose to do so. We also, most importantly, need to return to our basic spiritual and moral values which have been so degenerated in recent decades.

If we can drive a manufacturing comeback, coupled with an oil and gas boom, we could see real estate prices return to more normal levels, which could have a major impact on the economy.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

O.K. I want to add some info and as I'm new I hope this is how and where I should reply, I'm replying to this poster because of his statement "that no bank's are lending", now I'm not trying to correct you, I am asking from all of the reader's here to explain the following to me please:

I am in the auto (car sale's) biz and this year has been a banner, I am making more money right now then at tax time, which is usually the best time, bank's ARE lending, money is everywhere, sub-prime customer's are so easy to get financed it's unreal, very low interest for prime customer's.

A part of this is due to people have put off buying an auto for so long that they are being forced to but that does not account for the strong number's still coming into Dec. Is this just the gubmint letting lender's have money to keep the dollar alive until they are ready to crash it or is there a possible recovery actually in the making?

Personally I think we are in bad trouble and thing's are heading further down but by dang my sale's and number's sure show otherwise.............input appreciated

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren
It is REALLY bad when Walmart in my town has had to lay off employees around end of November, when this is usually the time they hire people for the holidays.

My husband works for a grocer and says they only get the heaviest business at beginning of month when benefits go out, and the rest of the month is very slow.

This is worrisome.

I have never understood how a city that has a population of 200k needs 6 super walmarts and five meijers. I really do not know how they make money..... I would not be surprised at this.

Many sales have moved to the net. Since most big stores now have better deals or equal deals on the net they just order online.

In my city many people have to travel to go to walmat. when i lived in a city about 40 minutes away from my current city I would make special trips for christmas shopping. TOday i think if i were in the same situation i would just order online. The lat purchases i have made in the last month other than food has been online.

that affects sales.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I know this won't give you much comfort but I hate hearing that about your business. I've heard others say the same thing for both both businesses on the web and storefronts. American Express had a Shop Small promotion the last weekend of November and it couldn't be more obvious as to why. Costs are high for small businesses which is why they're the first to go under in a collapsing economy.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

Wow, the mega box store Walmart laying off in your area that's an horrible sign. Laying off during their highest selling season is saying for people to brace themselves. People would have a hard time believing that after seeing videos of crazed people busting through Walmart doors to buy redundant electronic junk in other areas of the country for Black Thursday.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepump

Well maybe your theory would be correct if the economy was really only about peoples confidence. It is somewhat, but no amount of confidence is going to make 16 trillion in debt disappear. It isn't going to make manufacturing jobs come back from overseas.

My attitude has nothing to do with the math that says entitlements must be cut because they already exceed tax income and are growing at a high rate. My attitude does not change the simple fact people stop loaning money when they know they aren't going to get paid back.

Look if you want to be in denial fine, just don't say you weren't warned.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I can feel it...and I can't hope but feel a lack of hope for the future. I am turning 30 in a few months...my parents had a house when they were in their late 20s and worked low skilled jobs for several dollars an hour. Even if I made $20/hr I could not afford a house. At the moment my wife and I can barely afford rent in a crappy tiny apartment. I don't see much hope for ever getting a house, or ever having a decent amount of "disposable income"

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I'm in a disposable income type business here in Australia, supplying other disposable income type businesses. I can't believe how slow this Christmas lead up is. We are supposed to have a good economy here, business as normal. No way! This government is well known for its lies so I guess they have been lieing about the economic indicators too. Not just me, everyone I have been talking to as well.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by proximo
reply to post by Thepump

Well maybe your theory would be correct if the economy was really only about peoples confidence. It is somewhat, but no amount of confidence is going to make 16 trillion in debt disappear. It isn't going to make manufacturing jobs come back from overseas.

My attitude has nothing to do with the math that says entitlements must be cut because they already exceed tax income and are growing at a high rate. My attitude does not change the simple fact people stop loaning money when they know they aren't going to get paid back.

Look if you want to be in denial fine, just don't say you weren't warned.

Well I ask that you concede that the world is not all or nothing. The fact is, people and business invest and
spend based upon their perception of the economy which is largely shaped be the social interaction with other
people. Who is going to buy a new car if their neighbors are speaking about doom all the time?

Entitlements existed for over fifty years just fine, but you ignore the fact that politicians cut income (taxes)
and pretend that entitlements created the deficit, when it was politicians who engineered the budget. Entitlements
are not endowed with the power to reduce income, shift tax law or regulation.

Manufacturing is up here in the states, manufacturing IS coming back

Nationally

November 20, 2012—
September U.S. manufacturing technology orders totaled $667.47 million according to the Association for Manufacturing Technology (AMT). This total, as reported by companies participating in the USMTO program, was up 40.7% from August and up 13.4% when compared with the total of $588.80 million reported for September 2011. With a year-to-date total of $4,282.11 million, 2012 is up 5.6% compared with 2011.

In Ohio

The monthly Cincinnati Purchasing Management Index improved in November to 54, up from 49 in October.
A reading above 50 indicates expansion in the region’s manufacturing economy. But the composite index, which is based on a survey of local businesses, has been up and down all year.
Subindexes for new orders, order backlogs and production all returned to positive territory in November after falling sharply in October. The employment and dollars-spent-by-purchasing subindexes slipped, but they remained positive.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join