It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resonance – Beings of Frequency (Documentary)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

. Yours? From a New Age video. Now, who is the lazy one here?

Assumptions; none of my 'knowledge' came from YouTube. I have a library of over 3,000 occult texts.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

You quote from that source:

The higher a person is on the scale, the higher the rate of vibration will be. Here, The All is purported to be at an infinite level of vibration, almost to the point of being at rest. There are said to be millions upon millions of varying degrees between the highest level, The All, and the objects of the lowest vibration. Mental Transmutation is described as the practical application of this principle. To change one's mental state is to change vibration.

Well that source just sounds manifestly stupid. In part because it doesn't say what is vibrating, how and where. It just kind of does. But look, Hermes Trismegistus is apparently popular with the New Age types. Somehow, I'm not surprised.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

. Yours? From a New Age video. Now, who is the lazy one here?

Assumptions; none of my 'knowledge' came from YouTube. I have a library of over 3,000 occult texts.

Occult texts served the same purpose before YouTube came along - to replace real knowledge with occult. So you own an equivalent of 3,000 YouTube clips, and have no interest in how Nature really works. Repeating that "all vibrates" ad infinitum is hardly a useful piece of knowledge.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Obviously because it isn't 'new', you tool. It is a refinding of the old.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
"New Age" misuse of physics terms doesn't really map over to physics. I know it might seem that it ought, since the words used are the same,but the meanings are very different and the two fields of study are quite disparate.

Thus, you can't really read about "the one" having high vibrations and then try to map that onto continuum theory, because while the word 'vibration' seems to pop up in both, it's not got the same meaning.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

More assumptions on your part certainly don't help anything either. So what books, written by free thinkers, aren't to be trusted? You are just ludicrous...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

More assumptions on your part certainly don't help anything either. So what books, written by free thinkers, aren't to be trusted? You are just ludicrous...

That may be, but no more than throwing around words like "frequency" or "vibrations" without taking any care of why and how these actual words are used. As in:

DNA energy field laser frequency vibrations!

Every once in a while I'll run across a claim that is so wildly ridiculous that I question, for a time, if it is meant as a joke. Sadly, the majority of them aren't. As hard as it is for me to believe, given that we currently live in the most scientifically and technologically advanced society that the Earth has ever seen, there are a lot of people who believe stuff that is unrefined bull#.

I ran into an example a few days ago, when a friend sent me this article, entitled "Scientists Prove DNA Can Be Reprogrammed By Words And Frequencies." The word "frequency" always acts like a red flag to me, as it is for some reason a word woo-woos like a lot, and throw about in absurd ways despite its having a rigid, and not especially thrilling, definition in the scientific world (three others are "energy," "vibration," and "field").

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

My take on it would be, no book based on the occult is to be trusted.

I can take math and physics texts and build something useful. I can replicate many of the same things done in the physics texts, and if I do them correctly, I get the same results. So could you. That's the real magic.

Take a grimoire, do one of the spells, and you get...nothing. Bupkis. And if you do it, nothing. If I do it...nothing. Therefore it is false.

That's the difference between science and magic.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

The purpose of rituals, is that it is to be worked on a ritual basis. Much like the ceremonies used to bless crop growth. However, I'm assured there would be a few people to disagree with you. Let's not forget John Dee or Edward Kelly, who worked for Elizabeth the I practicing things that got the average man got burned at the stake for.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

The purpose of rituals, is that it is to be worked on a ritual basis.

You seem to confirm what Bedlam posted, which is that there is real stuff, like physics that really works in our world, and all that other stuff that exists as a ritual. Fine, we agree on that one. I like rituals.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

However, I'm assured there would be a few people to disagree with you.

Heck, do some double blinded studies on crop growth. If the experiments are designed properly, it ought to work, right? If it's reproducible and defies the null hypothesis to a 95% certainty, then society will eventually look like that movie "Cast a Deadly Spell" (one of my B movie favorites).

The problem is, it doesn't do squat IRL. On the other hand, you're using a computer.

edit to add: We actually got paid phase I money to try this once, back when we were starting out. I wouldn't accept it these days. But we've got a compendium of various grimoires. They're all quite odd. Your tax money in action.
edit on 3-12-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
But we've got a compendium of various grimoires. They're all quite odd.

These were probably the grimoires on database design.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

But we've got a compendium of various grimoires. They're all quite odd.

These were probably the grimoires on database design.

I find I generally have to read SQL out loud, an arthame in hand, my wizard robes on, with a nice fumigant burning in a brazier, in a voice of yearning plangency. You really have to pop the t's and trill the r's too, or the SQL gods will ignore your plea.

Of course, if the SQL gods don't answer, I generally stab the motherboard with the arthame. The next computer gets the idea most of the time.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I find I generally have to read SQL out loud, an arthame in hand, my wizard robes on, with a nice fumigant burning in a brazier, in a voice of yearning plangency. You really have to pop the t's and trill the r's too, or the SQL gods will ignore your plea.
That could be secret. The people that say the incantations don't work for them might not be getting the pronunciations quite right. Maybe they forgot to trill the r's?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Well, that's pretty basic.
If you want it to work, you have to show it love. Dedication. Meaning. Intent. You have to prove you WANT it. And that includes putting your desires into the ether repeatedly. The more you do it, the more will power you pour into it, the stronger it is. If you only do it once, it's like a passing thought. It doesn't take root. You have to plant the seed, and you have to water it regularly, or it won't grow and bear fruit.

Basic LOA 101

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

That could be secret. The people that say the incantations don't work for them might not be getting the pronunciations quite right. Maybe they forgot to trill the r's?

To make things worse, the MySQL grimoires are different from the Oracle ones. There is also a heretic sect of noSQL followers, who always foul things up for honest practitioners of RDBMS. Magik is tricky.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
On the other hand, if your horse has the scours, I have a wonderful cure from Long Lost Friend that's guaranteed to fix him right up. The right berries and an incantation and I'll have that sucker in the field pulling a plow in a day.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Careful they won't understand the principles of analogy, so your tree bit might go over their heads. I should have known skepticism blinds to the point skeptics will go, "I want a millions dollars!", nothing happens, and they proclaim the Law of Attraction not to work. People say prayers of good faith everyday to ensure good being.

Short term, no it doesn't work guys; but anything worth its jollies is hard work.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

The purpose of rituals, is that it is to be worked on a ritual basis. Much like the ceremonies used to bless crop growth. However, I'm assured there would be a few people to disagree with you.

I'm sure the priests of Egypt told their people the same thing, those ceremonies just have to keep on going, and sometime yes the flood will come! In the meantime, y'all better keep sending that gold and nubile priestesses up, just in case you know.

Let's not forget John Dee or Edward Kelly, who worked for Elizabeth the I practicing things that got the average man got burned at the stake for.

Ah historical hypocrisy mixed with ignorance---always a good way to refute science.

Bedlam's right: science is magic that works.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Has anyone got a spell for warding off segfaults?

2nd line.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join