learn more

The Artificial Division Between Physics and Metaphysics

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I hope it is just a matter of time. It will be fun to watch it unfold.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
"One must follow the Yellow Brick Road if one seeks answers to divine questions... "

"Sound generates the structure of matter..."

edit on 8-1-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

. . . Many insights and images featured in this video were courtesy of:

"777 The Great Work" over at the Project Avalon Forum. Keep up the Fantastic Work! . . .

I recognize the name 777 The Great Work from Project Avalon Forum. Used to keep my mind struggling to understand big time.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

The 2nd video I posted actually pertains more to the subjects of this thread....

The producer, Steve Willmer is some sort of mad genius I think... His insights and observations are amazing.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I have to keep putting it on pause. The music (is that heavy metal?) is driving me crazy. I can't concentrate.

I take it the point is that music is a science and it's also metaphysical because sound is what is responsible for creation as revealed by religious texts.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Is there a transcript for that second video somewhere? I'm finding it very difficult to keep up with a presentation that feels like it was meant to impart a long message in a short amount of time.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I was thinking the same thing.

I wish there were some cool software that would take the audio file of a video and spit out a transcript.
Something along the lines of Google Translate.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

There is, but you have to buy it. Something so cool just cannot be had for free. Not even the truth.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Got a link?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Yep. I'll U2U it.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

I have to keep putting it on pause. The music (is that heavy metal?) is driving me crazy. I can't concentrate.

I take it the point is that music is a science and it's also metaphysical because sound is what is responsible for creation as revealed by religious texts.

I'm sorry Mary.... I don't know of any transcripts.... but you can turn on closed captions if it's available for the video. You would need to open the Youtube link for that feature.

The presentation is a little hard to follow, when I watch his vids I always get the impression he's trying to cram as much info as he can in the 10 minute time limit... the old days of Youtube.

Yes... the "Technoshamen" crowd is big into trance music that utilizes certain undertone frequencies and beat patterns. The music is designed to heighten the senses and effect a change in the frequency of the brain waves. The idea is to cause the brain to emit Alpha waves which your brain naturally produces when in a relaxed state... like just before you fall asleep.

Anywho... I think you're right on track with your assesment. The idea that sounds manifest physical reality is something that goes back beyond historical records. I used to wonder why Monks chanted prayer, now I think I understand why.

I really need to get my thoughts together on some of these topics... right now all I have to offer are vague interpretations....

ETA: I just checked the vid and CC is available.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
. . . you can turn on closed captions if it's available for the video.

I was looking for closed captions when I clicked on "Transcript":

Is that what you were talking about?

The text there doesn't make much sense, does it?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
The idea that sounds manifest physical reality is something that goes back beyond historical records.

I am very interested in the use of sound for technology, and, for healing and spiritual development.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

You're not the only one. In fact, who's to say we haven't developed it already? The best weapon is the one that people can't accuse you of having and abusing. Why can't they accuse you? Because they don't know it exists.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
I am very interested in the use of sound for technology, and, for healing and spiritual development.

For another thread, I'm reading the website The Khemit School of Ancient Mysticism.

I just read this passage about one of the teachers:

Moses, who we call the "Key Holder”, used the sound healing frequencies of the didgeridoo in his healing practice while he lived in Hawaii prior to 2004.

Someone posted about the didgeridoo on another of my threads. It's really cool:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

On the subject of sound, I looked at a couple of utube vids the other day about how we relate to music, how it affects us emotionally, and most importantly, why was the standard for the note of A changed from A-432 Hz to A-440 Hz in the 1940's (I think). This change alters our emotional response apparently, ie the same piece of music provokes a different response in either standard. I haven't found a good reason for the change, am going to look into it further.
Sorry to be so vague, but I looked through your thread and no-one else seemed to have mentioned it, and it just kinda felt relevant enough to throw into the mix. I'm no mathmatician, in fact I seem to suffer a kind of dyslexia with numbers (according to my last bank manager), but I am beginning to see that there is a body of ancient knowledge here, relating to vibration, frequencies, etc, that could transform our world.
This series I found very interesting on the subject:-

And this on the 432Hz-440Hz thing:-

ps If I DO stumble upon the secrets of the gods in a utube video, you will know me by the awesome trumpet solo that will ring out across the world, I think that would be a suitable start in a career as a demi-god!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by freebornman
On the subject of sound, I looked at a couple of utube vids the other day about how we relate to music, how it affects us emotionally, and most importantly, why was the standard for the note of A changed from A-432 Hz to A-440 Hz in the 1940's (I think). This change alters our emotional response apparently, ie the same piece of music provokes a different response in either standard. I haven't found a good reason for the change, am going to look into it further.

From "The Campaign to Lower the Pitch":

The Schiller Institute has become known internationally for its initiative to lower the international standard musical pitch to middle-C=256 cycles per second (A=432), in order to preserve the human voice and to return the performance of Classical music that [sic] of the classical composers' poetic intentions. The Institute's 1992 publication of A Manual on the Rudiments of Tuning and Registration, Vol. I, Introduction and Human Singing Voice, demonstrates that the natural C=256 tuning is grounded in the physical laws of our universe, and is creating an educated leadership in the music world to restore the pitch to that for which all the great Classical music from Bach through Verdi.was written--known as the ``Verdi pitch''--and to save the human voice.

I wonder whether A=432 is really grounded in the physical laws of our universe.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Hmm just noticed my links didn't work and it's too late to edit.

I wonder whether A=432 is really grounded in the physical laws of our universe.

This video goes into that.
And the other one, 'ancient knowledge'

edit on 8-1-2013 by freebornman because: only got 1 link to work

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

This video goes into that.

I've seen that video before, and I've spent a lot of time studying music theory for other threads.

Honestly, I just don't get it. And I think it's because I don't play a musical instrument. I think that's what it will take to make me get the feel of it. Too bad for me.

People who do play instruments are blessed.

When I look at a sheet of music, I get an anxiety attack.

But I'm a dancer.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

And the other one, 'ancient knowledge'

Sound has frequency but so does electromagnetism. I'm wondering how the two relate to each other, according to the ancients.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join