It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Artificial Division Between Physics and Metaphysics

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gregorian

For the edification of the unwary reader who may be inclined to believe in such falsehoods as stated above.

There is God - the Father, then there is Jesus Christ - the Son, then there is the Holy Spirit..............to form the Blessed Holy Trinity.

You should be ashamed, attempting to take the readers of the forum by the ear and forcibly steer them into your own personal faith. Is this what you call free will? Let them choose!

For shame! State your opinions if you want, but you shouldn't act as though it's a crime for anyone to look into these matters. You reek of ignorance in this post. Either substantiate, as Mary Rose is doing, or admit these are opinions and stop cramming these philosophies down the throats of unwilling fellows! This post of yours is a veiled knife to the ribs. Ugh.

Here's an example of how informed you are:

Panentheism differentiates itself from pantheism, which holds that the divine is synonymous with the universe, which is also a heresy.

Heresy comes from heretic, a word for commonfolk who were unable to read and therefore ignorant of the Bible's teachings. These people clung to the old ways, pagan faiths and all that. Heretic is simply another word for something that is old-fashioned, as opposed to mainstream and political.
edit on 5-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

God doesn't have a religion.

I don't recall any mention of 'religion.' Did it happen again since 2010 " [a] light bulb went off in my head" when someone else made you aware that God was without gender?

Anyway- I thought everybody knew that God is a white Catholic male and a single Father to boot -

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I don't recall any mention of 'religion.' Did it happen again since 2010

The post that she (i think she's a female
) was responding to reminded me a lot of a religion I've heard of.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity Here's an example of how informed you are:

Panentheism differentiates itself from pantheism, which holds that the divine is synonymous with the universe, which is also a heresy.

Heresy comes from heretic, a word for commonfolk who were unable to read and therefore ignorant of the Bible's teachings. These people clung to the old ways, pagan faiths and all that. Heretic is simply another word for something that is old-fashioned, as opposed to mainstream and political.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This clarification is also intended for the edification of the unwary reader lest he be led down the garden path by falsities and untruths regarding things religious.

The term heresy connotes, etymologically, both a choice and the thing chosen, the meaning being, however, narrowed to the selection of religious or political doctrines, adhesion to parties in Church or State.

Heresy is the obstinate post-baptismal denial of some truth as a matter of choice, which must be believed with divine and catholic faith, or it is likewise an obstinate doubt concerning the same.

edit on 5-12-2012 by Gregorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

This clarification is also intended for the edification of the unwary reader lest he be led down the garden path by falsities and untruths regarding things religious.

It's kind of hard to isolate "falsities and untruths" in a religion that is based on faith.
Of course, it CAN be done, but the only way you do it is by comparing it to your religious texts.

Should I post a list of logical fallacies? Break it down for you, nice and slowly, so you can see exactly how impossible it is for an omniscient omnipotent being to think when the entirety of this universe would exist at exactly the same moment within his mind? That's how omniscience works in conjunction with a thousand years passing in a second.

Or maybe the fact that your "God" designed hell knowing exactly who would go there, yet did not change a single detail in our history to avoid the destruction and calamities? He is the creator of everything that exists. Therefore, he owns the copyright to Satan, to the seven deadly sins, to murder, to rape, to deception, to every pain and sorrow that has ever existed and ever will exist. You want someone to blame? Blame "God". He made all of this a necessity. Every single thing that has ever caused you discomfort was designed, created, and distributed by him, knowing exactly what would happen to you and everyone else.

Yes, let's all blame Satan. Let's all gang up on the poor guy and forget that we're worshiping the scientist who created the monster! Satan is only behaving according to his nature, and he gets hated on every day while the guy who spawned him is doted on worldwide. And you wonder why he's a bad guy?

Let's try this out for size - if you don't want people to decide they don't like you, then DON'T GIVE THEM FREE WILL. Of course, free will is an illusion. If your creator knows everything and can do anything, yet chooses to give you a flawed character and set a crapload of obstacles and temptations in your way, promising to save you if you pledge eternal loyalty to him, EVEN THOUGH ITS HIS FAULT, that's obviously an equal choice, right? Either serve the guy who cursed you, or get cursed again.

See, it's a horrible plot. A rotten deal. A hell of a bad story. And you know what? I laugh at it. I laugh at it and every person who believes in it, because if they're stupid to fall for one of the cheapest tricks in the history of mankind, then they DESERVE what comes next. Me, I choose my own fate.

I choose to keep my soul, AND follow a far more enlightening path of metaphysical study, one that doesn't put science smack-dab at odds with the spirit. How does that grab ya, eh, Mr High And Mighty?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

The post that she (i think she's a female
) was responding to reminded me a lot of a religion I've heard of.

It is awkward on forums when you don't at least know a person's gender, isn't it? Having to say "his or her" because you don't know. I wish we could know what country a person is from, as well. It seems knowing just those two things still provides people with adequate privacy.

Yes, you used the right pronoun.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

He says that the base six counting system provides us much more insight into cosmic vibrations.

Compare that to a document featured on:

Sympathetic Vibratory Physics - John W. Keely's Sacred Science

entitled "EARTH GRID, part 2." It is excerpts from the book The Harmonic Conquest of Space by Bruce Cathie, which I determined separately was published August 1, 1998 by Adventures Unlimited Press. Here is the image on Amazon:

. . . The whole system of universal harmonics is based on the geometrics of the circle, the circumference of which can be divided by its radius into six equal parts. Therefore six is the fundamental harmonic of all circular and spherical forms, and basic values can be shifted up or down this harmonic scale by multiplying or dividing by this number. Base 10 is also a part of the harmonic process, and decimal points can be moved back and forth without altering the series of numbers. Zeros before and after a number series can be ignored in harmonic calculation. It takes a while to get used to these concepts, but after a few practice calculations the process becomes evident. I have had many arguments with the academics over this, but the proof of this secret mathematical system is being made evident every day by the activities of their own associates. Constructions are appearing which comply with the harmonic values. Ancient constructions such as pyramids and cathedrals also comply with these harmonic values. These secrets have been handed down through the ages. . . .

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Does that have anything to do with the Flower of Life and the Fruit of Life? Circles were mentioned, so I thought I'd ask.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Whale.to also has an article entitled "The Harmonic Conquest of Space" by Bruce Cathie based on an October 1994 Nexus Magazine article. There I see this diagram:

(You can see one letter is cut off on the right hand side.)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

It looks like that has more to do with the Golden Ratio.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I have ordered his book.

Here is the Amazon Book Description:

Publication Date: August 1, 1998
Bruce Cathie's first book, Harmonic 33, was first published in 1968 when he was a commercial pilot in New Zealand. Since then Captain Bruce Cathie has been the premier investigator into the amazing potential of the infinite energy that surrounds our planet every microsecond. The Harmonic Conquest of Space contains all new material and further explores the concept that the earth is criss-crossed by an electromagnetic grid system that can be used for anti-gravity, free energy, levitation and more. Chapters include: Mathematics of the World Grid; the Harmonics of Hiroshima and Nagasaki; Harmonic Transmission and Receiving; the Link Between Human Brain Waves; the Cavity Resonance between the Earth; the Ionosphere and Gravity; Edgar Cayce - the Harmonics of the Subconscious; Stonehenge; the Harmonics of the Moon; the Pyramids of Mars; Nikola Tesla's Electric Car; the Robert Adams Pulsed Electric Motor Generator; Harmonic Clues to the Unified Field; and more. Also included in the book are tables showing the harmonic relations between the Earth's magnetic field, the speed of light, and anti-gravity/gravity acceleration at different points on the Earth's surface.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Here is a short interview of him:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

What do you think of him? I mean, if he really knows this stuff, why is he still alive and not imprisoned or dead?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I think a lot of him. They don't kill all of them.

Kerry Cassidy, for example. I think that within the shadow government/black projects there are those who look after some people. They're stuck where they are because they don't want to be killed themselves, but at the same time, they do what they can.
edit on 12/06/12 by Mary Rose because: Typo

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

The following is some of what I heard him say in a recent Red Ice Radio interview.

For those of you who like YouTube videos to listen to an interview, this one is posted now:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I am listening to the archive of an interview of Susan Joy Rennison on Red Ice Radio dated December 20, 2012. Rennison is the author of a book entitled Tuning the Diamonds - Electromagnetism & Spiritual Evolution.

On her website something caught my eye in reference to that book:

"A book that integrates science and metaphysics"

She has a degree in physics and geophysics and is an independent researcher.

About the book:

An Introduction

A new book by Susan Joy Rennison explains that humanity is facing the next rung of the Evolutionary ladder. Evolutionary change is energy driven and New Energy is coming from deep space. As a consequence, the Sun has become increasingly erratic and the Earth is being bombarded by solar, cosmic and galactic energy. The Earth is experiencing "Space Weather" on an "unprecedented" scale, a cause of concern to government agencies, satellite communication companies and the power supply industry. Yet, this has been foretold and we are witnessing a fulfillment of Mayan prophecy.

This book explains what is happening and why our energy fields are changing in response to changes in our electromagnetic environment. This book acts as a study guide and provides new insights, including why being aware of sacred geometry and octahedron (diamond) energy fields promotes the evolutionary process. This book is sensational in the evidence it uncovers and it is supported with over 500 references.

One thing I have noted so far listening to the 1st hour of the interview is that there are 13 signs in the zodiac not 12. I have heard that asserted before.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
May I direct people's attention to a website . . . This website reveals for the first time the amazing power of Pythagorean mathematics at the heart of which is the tetractys, which symbolises far more than the numbers 1,2 3 & 4. It emerges as the "Rossetta Stone" for deciphering information about the nature of the divine mathematical paradigm, which this website reveals and which is found to include superstring theory.

Among mainstream scientists, what is the status of superstring theory today?

What I'm driving at, is whether or not this website could open a door for a scientist who has an open mind and wants to start considering the need for a union between physics and metaphysics in order to really understand reality. (If superstring theory has been discredited in the mainstream, what good would it do to incorporate it into a new approach?)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Physics is elementary review for the graduate school metaphysicist.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Maybe so but I would really like to see some mainstream physicists open their minds to metaphysics.

Physics is important for technology and the attitudes of society, in general.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

They already have, they just don't understand how one is applied to the other. Give them more time.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join