It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lone Chinese home destroyed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Authorities have demolished a five-story home that stood incongruously in the middle of a new main road and had become the latest symbol of resistance by Chinese homeowners against officials accused of offering unfair compensation.

Link

So I guess the people housed in this building suddenly thought it was better to cave in to the authorities; NOT

This stand off has made world wide headlines, now the Chinese would like us to believe that they have reached an amicable agreement with the owners of the building that stood up to them & refused to move .I think it was more like move or else you may die of lead poisoning via rifle.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pillock

Explanation: Uhmmm?

Xiayangzhang village chief Chen Xuecai told The Associated Press the house was bulldozed on Saturday after its owners, duck farmer Luo Baogen and his wife, agreed to accept compensation of 260,000 yuan.

Chen says Luo voluntarily consented to the deal.

260000 Chinese yuan = 41755.7400 US dollars

And since they earn on average ... 2011 Report: China manufacturing hourly labor rate, compensation costs impact EMS (Excerpts from BLS report reprinted with permission. Sources: US Bureau of Labor Statistics, VentureOutsource.com Publication Date: April 17, 2011) [ventureoutsource.com]

Though manufacturing workers in China are earning more than ever before, average hourly compensation costs were only $1.36 in 2008.

China’s hourly compensation costs remain far below those of many of its East Asian neighbors like Japan ($27.80) and Taiwan ($8.68), but are roughly on par with those of others like the Philippines ($1.68).

Assuming a 40hr week average work week at $1.68 per hr = $67.20 U$D / week

And assuming 50 working weeks a yr = $3360.oo / year

They just got more than 10yrs worth of pay ok!

Personal Disclosure: Seems to me they were justly compensated!

edit on 1-12-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix broken bbcode

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Do you really believe that ?
This is China we are talking about.
I wont use rolling eyes emoticons or any "Uhmmm" like statements to try an belittle you (like you did to me) , but this is a country that fabricates lies that it morphs into facts.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pillock

Explanation: Yes I do believe that!

Personal Disclosure: I love China! But they aren't saints and what you say could be very true!

However this story, as you say and as backed by facts, has garnered international attention and therefor many people would question it ... and that can be confirmed by a one Mr and Mrs Baogen directly in an interview.

I only brought some facts to the table ... do you concur with those facts?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Facts + China = 0 most of the time .
China was embarrassed when this story went viral , now there is a settlement that the tenants / owners have agreed to.
Do you not see how this looks false in a do as I say or vanish environment ?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
In hindsight, I think the Chinese government deliberately made this thing went viral to showcase their leniency. If not, why went to such trouble when they could just wave a piece of paper like the Compulsory Purchase Order and get it over with ?

top topics

join