Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Power (Freedom) vs Acceptance - Being in the "Now" or breaking one's will!?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I believe that as long as you recognise your slavery and train your mind to resist it in every day actions, then you are free. No matter how enslaved you feel you are, as long as you know the truth and live consistently with it, you are free. Live with compassion and love for others, that is the strongest way to fight our slavery. Acceptance does not necessarily mean that you are denying yourself freedom, it means you do not allow your enslavers to make you feel negatively....

something I am slowly learning.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

More exploration of polarities arpgme?

There is different angles to approach these, different terminology one could use.. the Power/Acceptance I would usually refer to as the paths of aggressivity/passivity (though in the american language, the more accurate word might be "activity" or "assertion"). But Freedom? I do not attach that to one or the other.

Each path comes with it's own types of freedom. Passivity comes with freedom from responsibility. Aggressivity comes with freedom of choice.

These have equal value, and it is just a matter of personal preference. I consider these to be somewhat illusional, in the sense that they only apply to the physical world of matter as we know it.

I suspect that on a different level, we ultimately are both simultaneously.
Where we *think* someone else has chosen for us and events are forced upon us, it is not really so. -It is still events that we planned together with our soul friends, and then chose to not remember that- in order to experience powerlessness. Powerlessness is exciting and rich in many ways!

When we choose to experience powerfulness, aggressivity, then we experience a sense of control over events, but it is still events we collaborated on with others- even if that is not evident in the role playing.

It's exactly like being in a play, if you've ever done any theater- it is as fun to be a character role like villain or power role, like King, as it is to be the Hero, or the victim, or the innocent. My soul feels it such.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Originally posted by Bluesma
reply to post by arpgme

Each path comes with it's own types of freedom. Passivity comes with freedom from responsibility. Aggressivity comes with freedom of choice.

Wow. That was beautifully said.

So even giving up the power, control over your life, you will still gain the freedom - because now you are free of responsibility of your life (as life will just carry you along and you just go with it).

so what is everyone's ideal for life? Compassion? Power? Freedom? I am curious to see which people hold as their highest virtue. Maybe this should have been a new thread..

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
No one can truly be free. You might feel free but sooner or later, the the reality is that you will be doing something that you didn't want to do. Therefore, acceptance is freedom. If you can accept things that didn't go according to your plan, then you are immune to the slavery of insecurity. Life is cooperative. When a time to make a choice comes, make one and have no regrets. When a time comes that a choice is made for you, resist if you want, but don't be mad if you lose. Accept whatever happens because by the time you can choose to accept it, it will have already happened and will already be beyond your control. Freedom is only real for unity. Think on the role of an individual within a cooperative collective. We are only free as one.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Why make a principle out of something everyone must do anyways? People have no choice but to exist in this 'now.' So why preach it if it's already happening?

I am not making a 'principle'. I point out that nothing exists outside the present moment.
Not everyone is aware of the fact.

'You' do not actually exist in the 'now' - there is not a 'now' and a 'you' existing in it.
There is only presence.

You 'think' you exist in time. Presence is 'your' absense.
edit on 2-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Saying you cant leave the present moment will upset the people who believe in timetravel itsnowagain.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

When peoples beliefs are under question they always get upset.

Time travel only happens in the mind but it can only happen presently.
The mind is time.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

What drove you itsnowagain to form your ideas of the the now happening, was there a emotional traumatic event in your life that was the catalyst?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Yes i realized the truth.
I overcame the world by realizing that there is nothing outside of exprerience.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Im meant what was the emotional catayst for realization, did you lose someone you loved...like decease of a loved one?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

What drove you itsnowagain to form your ideas of the the now happening, was there a emotional traumatic event in your life that was the catalyst?

There are no ideas needed for now to be.
Now is not an idea - presence is the only thing that is not an idea.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Im meant what was the emotional catayst for realization, did you lose someone you loved...like decease of a loved one?

Yes i lost what i believed was 'me'. The person i believed myself to be died.
And all that was left is this - presence.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

who was your mother? Is she still alive?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

who was your mother? Is she still alive?

I died. The person i believed myself to be died. All that remains is this - presence.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

You did have a mother didnt you? I mean how did you become born?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

This line of questioning is not relevant to what happened to me.

What happened to me happened long before my mother departed.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

yes its is...if you had an origin the you must of had a past and if you had a past then you cant just be presence.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

yes its is...if you had an origin the you must of had a past and if you had a past then you cant just be presence.

Anything that is existing is present. Anything that makes an appearance can only do so presently.
The story of past is happening now. The mother does not exist presently - only as a word it exists. The word is here but the mother (person) is not.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I have no origin.
I always have been present and always will be present.
Have you ever not been present?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

The past is memories which are stored as visual feelings. You did have a real past and proof of this is the storage of your feelings and experiences of the past.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join