It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, who can prove magic exists?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by portfreezer
MAGIC IS ABOUT AS FAKE AS ANYTHING GETS I MEAN WHEN A MAGICIAN(A FAT PERSON THAT MAKES SOMETHIGN DISAPEAR) MAKES AN ILLUSION EVERYONE IS LIKE OMFG ITS MAGIC BUT THE THRUTH IS THAT MAGIC IS JUST MIRRORS, UR MIND MESSING WITH YOU, OR YOU ARE JUST RETARTED

So then - my wife, myself, and MANY others on this board are retarded?

30 days on board, not off to a very good start are we.

btw - you can lose the caps, as this board like most boards as well as most of the internet: caps = yelling.

Misfit

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Linux
I havn't read that entire thread, but i'd suggest someone goes to library and pulls out some books on diabolism, witchcraft etc and give it a test. I'm sure however some hardcore scientists would just be under a placebo effect, achieving what they wanted to know in the first place.

Problem with that is, well, how do you know that's "Magic". I mean any witch or wizard will just say "Oh, that's not real magic" when it fails.

The problem with magic is that is has no definition. We can measure gravity, because it makes things fall down. It always makes things fall down, over and over again. Magic doesn't do anything nearly so simple. And even then, if it did make something fall down again and again, there would be arguemnts as to what spell to cast to make it fall down, who can cast it, what time you can cast it...

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The goal should be restated as an *objective* observation and measurement of magickal phenomenon(sp?), additionally to record facts that are repeatable through said observation, yet remaining objective about the task?

First an observation needs to be made:
Kirilian photography comes to mind, it would be interesting from an objective
point of view to K. Photograph various magickal riturals(i.e. sampling) as each practice occurs. I would recommend a side research for better instrumentation such as a K. Video Camera instead of single cells(another topic in it's own right I am sure). After images are taken, check for variences in both Lum's, candles, or even theoritical watts, (all of course are metrics used in measuring the intensity of light), from said K. photos. It may even prove beneficial to record any significant data from the photovoltiacs to if there is a correlation there too. One last tool comes to mind that may be of use for an expidition such as this, a Quantum Field Analysis Toolkit. Too bad a portable model doesn't exist. I do seriously suspect that when Magick is in a state of flux, that certain Quantum fields are manipulated.(at least for subtle forms of magick)
Once someone(preferably, multiple someones
) have made some observations using ideas simular to what I have previously described, then perhaps we will have more information to begin work on a fact based hypothesis, even perhaps a guinine theory.. time will tell...
just my 2�

Edited for an Afterthought:
Pehaps some forms of sympathetic Magick could be self/group induced forms of pavlov's bell/dog.. just a thunk...

[edit on 24-10-2004 by Crysstaafur]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Magic is illusion, or fake. Thus magic does not exists!

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomMaster
Magic is illusion, or fake.

That can't be proven either.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Of course that can be proven lets see when they had those stupidly funny magic shows on tv and they were like cutting up people and then they would put the parts back together but really the person just squeezed their hole body in one end of the box!!!! Ok I proved it

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Of course that can be proven lets see when they had those stupidly funny magic shows on tv

You way out of the loop here as to what we are talking about....

I suggest, as it has been suggested before, that if one wishes to learn about magick...they study and try it doe themselves, but "do" study....to play with it and not know what your doing is dangerous!

[edit on 10/24/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well "magic" is so fake its not even kool its faker then wrestling seriously and yes i just did prove it was fake cause the magician showed the secret to what he did!

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Well "magic" is so fake its not even kool its faker then wrestling seriously and yes i just did prove it was fake cause the magician showed the secret to what he did!

Again...you don't even know what were talking about here. We're not discussing stage magic tricks....go back and read the thread

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

We are not talking about pulling rabbits out of hats and the like we are discussing paranormal majic.

Can one of the mods please prove magic is real and make portfreezer disappear.
J/K

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
GRRR!!!!!! You are attacking me and i don't like it
Meanie

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Ok, I read the topic, and skipped through the bulk of the thread and have yet to see any proof.

I only saw one link that had scientific tests but again, I'm bias to the results.

With so many self-proclaimed witches and magicians or whatever they're called now, on this board, I'd think that atleast one person would provide a picture, video or some kind of hard fact that they can PROVE magic is real. Yet all we have is 6 pages of people saying its real, with no facts to back it up. All speculation.

It's like me saying I can dig a 50 foot hole in 5 mins with just my one finger. I can tell you a thousand stories on how I did it, and say it a thousands ways with a thousands twists.. but unless you see it, you wont beleive it. That is what magic is to me. And I have no urge to "research it" or "study it" because in my mind, its all bunk.. so unless someone gives me an inkling of doubt to my belief, I will continue to shrug this notion off.

PROOF!!

Now, to back up DeltaChaos, can anyone PROVE that magic is real? Or can all you do is speculate and discuss and throw out ideas and stories?

I'll check back in a few days and see where this goes

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Meanie

No they aren't. You are just off topic.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul

Now, to back up DeltaChaos, can anyone PROVE that magic is real?

Again..one more time...I'm writing this again., here we go...this is something you will just have to prove to yourself if you really want to know.....study and learn

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller

Meanie

No they aren't. You are just off topic.

Even The Mod Is

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Now, to back up DeltaChaos, can anyone PROVE that magic is real?

Again..one more time...I'm writing this again., here we go...this is something you will just have to prove to yourself if you really want to know.....study and learn

Study and learn what? Theres nothing to learn. I can study the art of playing with candles and saying cryptic phases and what? What for.

I have no urge to study something that I dont beleive is true to begin with. Its like someone telling you to study Math because 2+2=17 and the only way I'll be able to prove the 2+2=17 is to study math.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
LMAO WOW a cocky new member aaaayyyyyeeee?

(Ment no offense with this post just trying to crack a vocal cord thats all)

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Study and learn what? Theres nothing to learn. I can study the art of playing with candles and saying cryptic phases and what? What for.

Then why are you here, in this thread? I am assuming that Delta is serious and wants to know, If one wants to learnb something that you can test for yourself, then that's the beat way to do so..so it has been suggested that he try it for himself. If you are so sure that there is nothing there to leran...whay are you here.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
[edit on 10/24/04 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

LMAO WOW a cocky new member aaaayyyyyeeee?

(Ment no offense with this post just trying to crack a vocal cord thats all)

You have been asked to stay ON TOPIC. Please do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join