It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, who can prove magic exists?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
reply to post by ashanu90

STOP DIGGING UP AND BUMPING OLD THREADS!!

YOU ARE REPLYING TO A POST MADE OVER 5 YEARS AGO!!

posted on 23-10-2004 @ 01:01 PM

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
who this thread is old!

it IS olde!!!!!

[edit on 4/27/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
ive been advertising a telepathic capability of my own and willing to be tested in public but no one ever took up my offer cause they used biased opinions cloud their judgment of me not being genuine or capable that way. well one group tested me and i was successful in proving my ability. The james randi one million psychic challenge isnt a scientific guided test, its an ex illusionist creating the illusion he cannot find any evidence of the psychic, supernatural and unexplained, i stopped looking for people and groups to test me in public domain, instead got to work on writing 3 books.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It's kind of horribly sad that from page 1 to page 25 there's barely any person actually doing what the purpose of this thread was.

Doesn't anyone remember Biology class, how to set up an experiment? Give actual explanations of WHAT YOU DO that you consider to be the cause of your magical effect. Don't give metaphorical examples or examples of what you THINK is happening. Tell us the procedures: what candles you light if you light any, tell us the amount of them and tell us if you wear anything specifically to invoke this magical result. Tell us your procedure, tell us what the results were specifically and tell us how often the result happens.

I believe the creator of this thread and most of the readers are not interested in a history lesson or philosophy, we are interested in collecting data and comparing. If you're going to argue that magic in the sense of spells and ritual, cause and effect, exist then give us your detailed experiences, from start to finish.

If magic is real then it's users should have the decency to share their EPIC RESULTZ with the rest of the world. How some of these people are acting is similar to how fans of an indie band acts when it goes major. "NO, WE DON'T WANT TO SHARE OUR AWESOMENESS!"

If magic is real, have some respect for the art you practice and tell us proudly about your work and results. Make it possible for it to be considered a science, give it a chance to be proven effective. Posters about UFO's and otherworldly creatures usually offer PLENTY of evidence for readers to think about. This is seriously a problem within the magic user community, if there's this feeling that magic is too cool and otherworldly to be explained to commonfolk, and that we just, "won't understand!"
There were some exceptions from this mindset of not wanting to share, this is just directed at the people that are giving countless explanations about what energy is. We don't want to know what energy is, we want to know what you do, how you do it, and why it's magical.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I agree that there should be a proper scientific method to try and prove whether or not 'magic' exists.
Magic, i believe is a strong, mystical word generally associated with spells and amazing feats defying nature. Im not sure if this exists or not, itd be great if it did, it would be cool

But dont you think that some sort of magic actually does exist. Lets say, for example that you were to help someone by giving them money or just making them feel good about themselves. Dont you think that the outcome of these actions so diverse and widespread as they may could be extraordinary. Think of the chaos theory or the 'butterfly effect'. If one were to enhance or geuss what could happen with quite common result couldnt that be called 'future telling'? and if we were in some way to control the results could it not be called doing magic? Couldnt all of these drugs that we have could that not be called some kind of potion making?
I no that it is quite hard to get your head around but we may be deluded by the word science, cant say anymore now gotta go

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This is my first post, hopefully it's not something somebody else has said.

I'm not Wiccan, I'm a ceremonial magician. I don't know about wiccans, but we do record results, and we do reference other people's data. A great many books on magic contain 'scientific' systems, designed by previous occultists, that when used properly will achieve the desired result. For example, The Lesser Key of Solomon - The Goatia, contains little more than a basic description of each entity and its sigil. When the sigil is placed around the neck, the proper circles created, and the triangle of the art is in place, one may then use formulae to summon said entity. Usually two people are present during this type of ritual, one acts as the 'seer', the other is the actual magician. It's this way not because the magician can't see what is happening necessarily, but because the magician has the responsibility of keeping said spirit bound to his will.

In many ways, magic is similar to science, but also similar to art. One of the reasons a layman may not see any results from magic is because he hasn't developed the senses to perceive the higher vibrations. Not sure if this is the right way to describe this, but as one develops their astral senses, they begin seeing these higher vibrations. Along with seeing the higher vibrations, you learn how the energy moves throughout the world. I get glimpses of other people's thoughts and feelings, glimpses of the future, and synchronicity got even stranger. Now I think it would be difficult for a typical scientist to perform his measurements on something he can't even observe. He can't observe it, because he doesn't have the tools.

I personally have great respect for science, and I incorporate science into my magical understanding of reality. Unfortunately, many scientific type people only see reason, and in a sense have created their own religion out of it. It is now popular opinion that science holds the truth about where we came from, what we are, etc. Science is a work in progress, it will always be a work in progress. With everything we know today, there is still so much more that we don't know.

Anyway, that's my opinion on the matter.
- The Possum

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
there are such things as chi, and i was pretty surprised myself when I saw this video, of course there is still a chance that it may be fake but it appeared on "Stan Lee's Superhumans" www.youtube.com...a reply to: DeltaChaos

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Paul daniels and Debbie mcgee.
Close the thread now proved.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DeltaChaos

"At Princeton university Dr Robert G. Jahn, now retired, spent 25 years amassing an enormous database of empirical data on psychokinesis that clearly suggests the phenomena is very much a reality. He founded the Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research (PEAR) group which undertook countless experiments under controlled, scientific conditions to measure the effect of the power of the human mind using a range of instruments."

www.spiritoday.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Proof of magic is easy. What holds atoms together and keeps them vibrating? ... Magic.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Anton LeVey Sammy Davis Jr.? Jane Mansfield ?
Oh shoot...they are all dead now.
Sharon Tate could tell you it's real,
but she's dead too..

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FiercePossum
That was a fantastic post Possum. And it was an honor
giving you your first star.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Magic is moves faster than human eyes
so it cant be shown
for example: film projector runs 24 films per second to create image but human eye cant catch each & every 24 films at 1 second.......

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AngelaLadyS

No if the brain dies that person despite being on machines and blood pumping is still dead.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I have read a lot of your replies to others trying to explain their take on magic. You seem to miss that what most people say magic is is merely a state of mind. The "sugar pill" as it were. If you take a pill that is nothing but sugar but believe it will cure your cold faster then it probably will. Not always, but a majority of the time. This has been proven in a controlled setting, well, as according to my science teacher when I was in the 8th grade while he was teaching us about controls and variables anyway. Also, you totally shot down LadyV when she gave examples of people that perform magic without realizing it; such as the pessimist always being met with negative results, while the optimist is always meeting with positive results. You mean to tell me you've never talked your way through a sh*tty situation? You've never been depressed or sad about something and someone else tells you things are going to be fine to help you feel a little better? You've never cheered someone up by doing something fun with them or even so much as cracking a joke to bring a smile to that person's face? Logic dictates that if these things didn't work, we wouldn't do them. And these things are LadyV's examples of magic. Simply the power of positive thinking. It can't be proven in a lab like you say you want it to because everyone is different. A person's thoughts and emotions are like a thumbprint of their soul. Everyone is a variable, therefore none can be eliminated to form a control group and because of that it is impossible to come to a scientific conclusion. But it has been proven to work more often than not by the test of time, because as I said before, if it didn't work, we wouldn't keep doing it. This has been proven true throughout the entire history of social human behavior. To prove it in a lab is irrelevant.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join