It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, who can prove magic exists?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
www.myspace.com/propheticsanctuary

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
What's funny is that it seems so simple just to provide some indication that magic actually happens. Yet everyone vehemently refuses to show some scrap of evidence that it exists and simply states that If I don't believe then I'm wrong.

It really isn't too much to ask for evidence of what you state is fact.

It really isn't that simple to prove, not really, I mean anybody can say anything on a thread and it could be total BS or truly factual, but either way you wouldn't know... right? Yes, I can bend spoons but I crumble under pressure... Nah just kidding, see that...that's what I am trying to make you see. There will never be proof either way until someone does a valid study on it.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Lets get something to study... For real, ask something that can happen sooner than later without major catastrophic disaster, and what happens then we will study it.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
I can't believe how many posts have been made to this thread. It was a VERY simple and straight forward question. If magic is real. Prove it. All I keep reading is people talking about "energy seeping into the earth", "you don't understand" and basically "you can't see it if you don't believe in it to some extent" etc etc.

I believe the original posters' intent was a simple demonstration. A practioner of magik, sits down at a table, with the poster. Says "Ok, now I am going to make such and such happen", they do the spell, and either "such and such" does or does not happen. This "spell" is then repeated for arguments sake let's say 5times, in different locations, at different times, with thorough checking before the spell is started that there are no hidden wires, or whatever equipment magicians use to conjure stage magic.

You then document these results, using both cameras, video AND hand written notes, and repeat the experiment on say, 100 other practioners who have had NO contact with each other. At the end, you analyse the results which will either suggest magik is indeed real, or it isn't.

It's really not that hard to understand. I'm sure if the original poster wanted a theory / history lesson on magik he/she would have gone to the nearest library..

ex-freaking-actly! ive been reading through almost five pages now and i can tell that the magic believers are either bull#ting us or are illiterate to the ways of science!

magic believers i request you give me the instructions for a spell i can cast myself, something easy and believeable, also i dont want to go to the store and buy candles and oil, money is kinda tight

so just give me instructions that i can get results for in a short period of time please and if i get any results i will report my findings here

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ijnuwebb

nobody wants some guys myspace we want proof, you cant discuss things on myspace like you can ats, videos can be faked, lies can be typed and testimonies can be fake

i think all of us skeptics want instructions for a beginners spell
is that too much to ask?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
MySpace

is

Magical

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I strongly believe in magik, i think it has been used time and time
again by the powers that be to get what they want,hell you only
have to look at the bohemian grove lot! a load of top governmental
members worshiping an owl called MOLOK or something.

i even had some success with sigil magic but i will say this.

there is nothing gained without some type of payback so you
have to be careful that's all i will say.wooow spooky.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
David Blaine is the closest I have seen to magic.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

Werll why not have the courage of your convictions and give me a larf. Get any recipe for evoking a demon to visible appearance. Fast for 2 to three days and follow all the instructions to the letter. If the spell doesn't work then step into the triangle and repeat. Disolution would not happen but you would get proof for yourself. Is it objective probably not be proof non the less.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'll never understand why someone would come onto a place like ATS, or anywhere else, and then ask/demand that someone prove the existence of magick to them.

What exactly are you hoping to gain by this? Are you thinking that if I demonstrate it's ability or effectiveness you'll suddenly have all kinds of manipulative powers at your disposal? It doesn't work that way.

I can read palms because I've read thousands of palms over the past decade. I can do a Tarot reading because I've studied the archetypal, symbolic, and metaphoric meanings of a standard deck of Tarot cards for a decade.

Can I do magick? Yeah. Do I think showing you "magick" will do anything for you? No. But, I accept your offer. Get a clear image of your palm (dominate hand) and I'll give you a palm reading based on what I've learned and been taught about reading palms. Then you can go ahead and make what you will of what I tell you the lines and such mean.

U2U me if you want to follow through and I'll tell you the various parts of your hand that I can read.

* Edit *

I'm not going to be checking back on this thread, so, OP if you're interested, U2U me.

* Edit *

[edit on 26/4/10 by Wandering Scribe]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I found one case of QI Gong that has me convinced of it's claims. This case involved Scientist who brought in equipment to test the gentleman. It is a prime example of chi,aka bioelectricity manipulation, that I believe we all innately have and can be developed through exercise. I don't know that I would defend this as magic, but neither would I defend it as not. I would however call it magicAL.

PHYSICAL USE OF QI GONG BY JOHN CHANG
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 26-4-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5

Werll why not have the courage of your convictions and give me a larf. Get any recipe for evoking a demon to visible appearance. Fast for 2 to three days and follow all the instructions to the letter. If the spell doesn't work then step into the triangle and repeat. Disolution would not happen but you would get proof for yourself. Is it objective probably not be proof non the less.

ok now that was jsut cold
if demons even exist (which i doubt)
they would be dangerous

your basically telling me to go hurt myself not cool

[edit on 27-4-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I see magic everyday :-

In the different flowers that grow from small seeds.

In the big oaks that grow from little acorns.

In the buds that appear on the trees in spring after the winter.

And many many more,,,

No proof needed here

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Your using magic every day all the time, its called technology. It's magic even if you can explain the way it works it is still magic.

btw isn't conception magic? I mean to me its mind bogling how a living individual can grow in the belly of a woman.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by colloredbrothers]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
One thought that comes to mind is Ouija boards, but I don't know if that is considered use of magic, seems it would be...
And there is no scientific proof about them, but if you really want proof you could go buy a real one, not the toy store ones, and start taunting some "things"
Now I actually would not tell anyone to really do this because there are a lot of stories out there that suggest you will end up in big trouble.
I just present this scenerio because I think it can illustrate unquantifiable proof that there exists real magic

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Okay,what I really want to know, is if any of you here have moved an object by thought alone. I used to stare at things and try to focus for long periods in hope that I might move something with my mind, or blow a light out, although, if that happened I would chalk it up to coincidence. But I never succeeded in any attempt to move an object and eventually quit trying. I kind of believe now that or bodies are an agent to move objects with are minds, but has anyone here ever succeeded in this, and if so, please tell us your method, so that we may do the same thing.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Magic is all around you.
Life is magic...all is magic.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

STOP DIGGING UP AND BUMPING OLD THREADS!!

YOU ARE REPLYING TO A POST MADE OVER 5 YEARS AGO!!

posted on 23-10-2004 @ 01:01 PM

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

You think he/she had to do a new thread???
If you want to ask or say something then you can do it.

Who are you to say you can not do this or that.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetlife

What?

Yes make a new, thread. review this old one, and make a new thread.

don't go around digging up very old threads.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join