Ok, who can prove magic exists?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Firstly, The Laws of Physics also can't quite explain what happens to a particle between when it winks out of existence and when it winks back in.

Secondly, Ouji boards are not used for "Channeling evil" So stop saying that. Malicious intent and "EVIL" are two very different things. It would be malicious intent were I to assault someone with a bat, does that make me evil? No, it means I intended to do harm.

I would also like to note that the current model of physics cannot account for the current understanding of mass and velocity in the universe (particularly the expansion of the universe).

As for if it can be proven, I again gave you a perfectly legitimite method for finding out. At this point I think you are purposely not listening... considering the repeated use of "EVIL" in association with the Ouiji and simply ignoring the rather scientific method I suggested for finding out if "There is something to it".

Not to mention you are also ignoring previous points made which held against your criticism, conveniently. We can have a conversation only if you aren't repeating the same thing in every post, and ignoring what other people said.

I would very much like to converse rather than have to repeat myself in an effort to make a point about word usage.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I am willing to prove magic exists. I will change somethings temprature. Cool it. You might say it is my purpose.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Anyone that can prove that they exhibit paranormal abilities stands to receive 1 million dollars.

www.randi.org...

The challenge started in 1964 with Randi putting up $1,000 of his own money. Since then, the prize money has grown to the current $1,000,000.

To date, no one has ever passed the preliminary tests.

Many will scoff at this and say that they do not use their abilities for personal finacial gains, but the reality is quite the opposite.
Those who have reached celebrity status because of their claims have reaped large financial rewards.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
Anyone that can prove that they exhibit paranormal abilities stands to receive 1 million dollars.

www.randi.org...

The challenge started in 1964 with Randi putting up $1,000 of his own money. Since then, the prize money has grown to the current $1,000,000.

To date, no one has ever passed the preliminary tests.

Many will scoff at this and say that they do not use their abilities for personal finacial gains, but the reality is quite the opposite.
Those who have reached celebrity status because of their claims have reaped large financial rewards.

Randi's challenge is bogus....he decides who will be tested and who will not. He has refused people in the past.
There is no scientific objectivity to the test.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr
Randi's challenge is bogus....he decides who will be tested and who will not. He has refused people in the past.
There is no scientific objectivity to the test.

There is no standard test. The preliminary test will be designed based on the type of physic ability the claimants professes to have.
Randi does not personally get involved in every test. There is a foundation that is set up to handle this.

According to his website Randi states that the James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF) does not involve itself in the testing procedure, other than helping to design the protocol and approving the conditions under which a test will take place.
www.randi.org...

All tests are designed with the participation and approval of the applicant. In most cases, the applicant will be asked to perform a relatively simple preliminary test of the claim, which if successful, will be followed by the formal test. Preliminary tests are usually conducted by associates of the JREF at the site where the applicant lives.

Those that are denied are the ones who cannot agree to the test procedures. For the spoon benders for instance, the claimants must use a spoon provided by the testers. They may not touch it and a barrier is placed between the claiment and the spoon so that there is no chance he can physically contact it during the test. This is evidently enough for all claiments to back out of the challenge of fail to demonstrate their so called abilities.

Extraordinay claims require extraordinary proof.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by Sparky63]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I sent Randi an e-mail and he said OK but there is no way I'll do it on TV, i gave him all the info so he could do it himself or hire some actors but i guess he never tried it. If anyone is willing to go on TV and possibly win the million i will tell you how, just U2U me. It is also a fun way to mess with your friends.

My method is easy and has always worked for me but the person who showed me how to do it said it won't work if someone isn't taking part or it is being filmed. I have never tested this so i guess you can try film it before you volunteer for the show. If you do manage to video tape it then you should get the money but make sure to read all his rules and what not before you try out.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Those that are denied are the ones who cannot agree to the test procedures.

Thats the whole point.. so in efffect they have to agree to randi's test procedure.
But all randi has to do or his organization is make the test procedures so impossible or ridiculous that no one will agree to them.

If he wanted a true honest challenge he would follow scientific procedure and have a neutral objective third party design the test.

But the way he has it set up where both parties have agree to the test procedure is bogus and unscientific and a sleight of hand....randi or jerf always have an out with the "both parties must agree" clause...all he has to do is never agree and the test are never done.

Also the not so amazing randi has been offered this one million dollar challenge and to date he has refused. And note how long this challenge has gone without anyone debunking.

www.victorzammit.com...

[edit on 29-12-2006 by etshrtslr]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr

Also the not so amazing randi has been offered this one million dollar challenge and to date he has refused. And note how long this challenge has gone without anyone debunking.

www.victorzammit.com...

Thats very interesting. I did not know that this challenge to Randi and other skeptics existed.

It would seem though that in order to prove the Psychics contact with the afterlife is genuine and that the afterlife exists, the psychic would still have to be subjected to strict scientific tests.
The burden of proof still rests with the psychic. If the abilities truly exist then they should be easy to prove, even to a skeptic.

Outside a legal context, "burden of proof" means that someone suggesting a new theory or stating a claim must provide evidence to support it: it is not sufficient to say "you can't disprove this." Specifically, when anyone is making a bold claim, it is not someone else's responsibility to disprove the claim, but is rather the person's responsibility who is making the bold claim to prove it.

Taken more generally, the standard of proof demanded to establish any particular conclusion varies with the subject under discussion. Just as there is a difference between the standard required for a criminal conviction and in a civil case, so there are different standards of proof applied in many other areas of life.

The less reasonable a statement seems, the more proof it requires.
en.wikipedia.org...

I don't know if such abilities exist. I am still waiting for Proof.

[edit on 29-12-2006 by Sparky63]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If your interested I would suggest you read this free ebook.
It has a lot of the evidence contained in it and its not just from psychics.

www.victorzammit.com...

Here is a link to experiments done at the University of Arizona under controlled scientific protocol. I think it proves beyond a doubt psychic phenomena is real.

veritas.arizona.edu...

check out the interview with Dr. Schwartz on the Broadband Learning Channel.
He is the one who runs the studies at arizona state u.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
All magic is a state of illusion, therefore rendering it unreal, as unreal as the rest of the world is. Magic is a real as the world, if you believe it is real.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
All right.

Who can submit, provide, produce, or otherwise procure any physical evidence of the existence of magic? Anyone?

What about psychokinetic powers? Premonition? Telekinesis?

How about results taken from psychic readings, palm readings, astrology, anything of this nature?

This topic, I believe, belongs in the sci/tech forum because I'm asking for the subjecting of these fallacies to the scientific method. Why is there no proof on record that these things exist?

Well, before anybody proves anything, we'd first have to agree on the definition of "magic" we would use. don't you agree?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Has anyone seen Derren Brown's Messiah?

Well this to me is proof that magic is FAKE.

He convinces a bunch of meduims, faith healers etc that he is "one of them" by using only trickery. It made me laugh because he was actually MORE believable than some of the people he was trying to convince.

In his other shows he demonstrates skills that you could interpret as paranormal, if you didn't know he was an illusionist i.e. they are FAKE.

What Derren Brown demonstrates is that you can achieve powerful control over a person and groups of people by using skills that most could learn.

Anyone want to prove otherwise go ahead take the challenge.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Of course magic exists. How else would most of us men ever get laid?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
This is absolutely amazing!!!!
Real telekinesis here, I found this and it's atsounding! MUST SEE!!!
This without a doubt proves real magic!

Real Telekinesis

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
The crowd that goes "oh wowzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....damn! amazing! unbelievable! incredible! totally out of this world!"...

...is the best evidence of a populace that thinks magic is something far away, weird, unnatural, hard to attain, difficult to do, unnormal. And thats why it remains hard to grasp.

Evidence of magic neednt be proclaimed "out of this world" because its a natural part of THIS world. By proclaiming it "wow unreal man!" it remains unreal.

If you want evidence of magic, look at your hands: Your very existence is magical.

If you want evidence of spoons bending according to your will, sit down and practice it.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
width="425" height="350"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/rYTHfA6ZTTI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

[edit on 16-10-2007 by dominicus]

Ok, I've tried to post this fire elemental magik video, put it's not working so here are the proof linqs, even though he's not supposed to be showing anyone he can do this (number 1 rule) he did anyway, and will have to learn the hard way since showing off is not allowed:

www.youtube.com...

&

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 16-10-2007 by dominicus]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
So what about this guy?

www.youtube.com...

Does he have magic powers too?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

He squeezes the cotton ball just before it ignites. After he squeezes it you see part of a hidden small black bit that protrudes from the top of the cotton. I think it is a trick we were taught in Junior High Science Class. My memory is not complete but I believe the black bit is Magnesium Dioxide and it is exposed to Glycerin which makes it ignite. I believe it is the same as was used for early flash devices. I think thats why they are called Magic "Tricks" as trickery or simple Chemistry is involved.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I cannot supply proof of magic other that we see on Youtube and such sites,but going on different writings/Scriptures eg: The Bible it is clear it does,Pharoah's magicians and wise men,God sent several plagues on Egypt, yet the magicians and sorcerers appeared to be able to do the some of the same things.

Lev. 19:26 "`Do not eat any meat with the blood still in it. "`Do not practice divination or sorcery.
31:"Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them."

So does the Book Of Enoch in The Dead Sea Scrolls.In so much religions it exists with no denial.

To quote from Enoch (Chapter 8)(Dead Sea Scrolls)

1 And Azazel taught men to make swords, and knives, and shields, and breastplates, and made known to them the metals of the earth and the art of working them, and bracelets, and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of the eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all 2 colouring tinctures. And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they 3 were led astray, and became corrupt in all their ways. Semjaza taught enchantments, and root-cuttings, 'Armaros the resolving of enchantments, Baraqijal (taught) astrology, Kokabel the constellations, Ezeqeel the knowledge of the clouds, Araqiel the signs of the earth, Shamsiel the signs of the sun, and Sariel the course of the moon.

In most Scriptures be it in The Bible or others "magic" is quite common and can be done,unless all different beliefs lied to us in their Scriptures that are 1000's of years old.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I've seen so much magic in my life, I have had it firmly and conclusively proven to me that it does indeed exist. The millions of other folks who swear that what they saw was what they saw, and that saw things unable to be explained by any known laws of science. Things like precognitive dreams, out of body experiences, etc. When the event includes details that cannot be explained as to how they acquired them, such as seeing details of activities far distant from the experiencer's body.
Many frauds, etc., fake magic in every form. Millions of people have seen things that science doesn't have the ability to explain or duplicate. So, what of these millions of people? I have seen the typical result is that they are deemed to be either lying or crazy. Remember, the account includes details that the scientists cannot explain. They sometimes agree that the account is possibly true, and the person is neither lying nor crazy, maybe because of the wealth of inexplicable details in the account.
In my case, at least a half-dozen such personal events have confirmed for me that magic exists. Convincing those who have never seen such phenomena is futile. They choose to either trust, or not trust. I guess I am lucky, I don't have to trust anymore, I had finally seen enough by 2004 to need trust no one. It was proved to me anyway.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join