It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

doomsday hysteria grips Russia

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The Mayan Calendar shows the end of an age and perhaps that is what we are seeing. Maybe, just maybe, we are seeing the end of the Age of Gullibility. The end of the Age of those who believe everything they see on YouTube or read on websites such as this. The end of fear of the unknown.

My hope is that people will wake up on the 22nd and realize that they were duped into buying into the hype that surrounded this event and will look a little more critically at future doomsayers. I don't think this will be the case and I'm positive that those who profit on the gullibility of others will simply move the feardate. But it is my hope nonetheless.

That said, there is nothing wrong with being prepared for disasters and understanding the fraility of human existence. But I truly dislike the fearprofiteers who take from the gullible and in return give them false hope.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
As I'm reading this - the power went out. Literally. LOL.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Originally posted by Hijinx
I can't wait for the 22nd when sitchin will come on air and say. You were all part of a thought experiment, turns out you all fail. That's right, you're all a bunch of gullible idiots. At which point he will chuckle hearty, and leave the seen in a platinum, diamond and white gold encrusted escalade limousine.

I guess that might be the way it would go down if he wasn't dead.

Cheers - Dave
he just may come back,lol
just saw Leonard Nimoy on a commercial for the show "Fringe"
and thought he died a few years ago?

Anyway you wont survive doing it alone
It wouldn't take long for the hungry to sniff
out your food and water supply.Survival would
depend on being in groups for protection.We will
always need each other.

In my opinion if it happen it happens It won't
change my day to day activities.
edit on 2-12-2012 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Mayans didn't say anything about doomsday, its just last day of Cycle. There has been major change after every cycle. At the beginning of this cycle in 32nd century BC Stonehenge was built, Minoan civilization rose and first Egyptian dynasty was founded by Narner.

Also 4th Epoch of Indian scriptures began, it was called Kali Yuga.

33nd century BC major climate change happened, around this time Sahara turned into desert and global ice age began, expanding glaciers and temperatures drop everywhere.
edit on 2-12-2012 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Just make sure you have toilet paper and candles ready if we experience 3 days of darkness.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

Oh...let's scare the ignorant and gullible masses...so we can sell, sell, sell and make tons of money before Dec. 21, 2012 arrives.

Then when Dec. 21st comes and goes without any unusual incident; they will be laughing all the way to the bank; not caring about the people that bought their merchandise.

I do think though some good will come out of all this (fear-mongering) because it is always good to be prepared for emergencies; that may or may not happen in the future.

Here is what NASA has to say about Dec. 21, 2012. It is a good question and answer article.

Link: www.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This would be funny if people weren't actually killing themselves and suffering from anxiety and paranoia.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thanks for posting the link to NASA's Q&A concerning doomsday. Unfortunately, the gullible will not believe it since it comes from NASA/TPTB. I mean, if NASA conspired to fake the moon landing, why would they own up to the fact that the world is ending?

My fear is that a cult or group will try to ensure that the End of the World prophecy comes true, either by suicide or murder. Those that have spent their life savings preparing for this "world ending" event, will have a hard time getting back on their feet when they realize nothing has happened.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Who said an event that has yet to occur, needs any scientific backing at all?

because its a guess otherwise and anyone could guess any day of any year.

If something unknown is coming, something we haven't seen before.... how can science possibly suggest it?

or anyone for that matter.

Dec 21 is shrouded in mystery that it seems only the ancients knew what may be coming.

The one in 2012 is a self fulfilling prophecy with all the headless chickens self predicting each others self predictions of a self fulfilling event. Of course all the chickens have conveniently forgotten about two thousand and eleven previous uneventful december 21st's

if anything is going to happen, its going to be something we haven't seen before.

And it will come like a thief in the night, because we have no idea to expect it. Especially since most of us are so conditioned to dismiss anything to do with a possible doomsday, or awakening, or some kind of world ending or paradigm shifting event.

Too true but the point is such an event , given the premise of an undetectable event, can occur anytime of day or night on any day of any year in the future. IF a specific day is "the one" then there has to be some "information" in order to determine this. If that is the case then we can analyse it. Hence the OP's statement about lack of evidence.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

One can hope, unfortunately, given the amount of information we have at our finger tips these days you would think such thinking was already history.

However, as you can clearly ascertain from the replies here on ATS lemmings will still follow the doomsayers.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

The math is the evidence.

The math of the calendars, the math of the zodiac.... the math is precise.

Dec 21 is the date in which time runs out in the current cycle.

infact, dec 3rd, tomorrow, is when it all begins. An alignment with the pyramids of giza with the planets mercury, venus, and saturn.

It will be interesting to see if anything happens tomorrow. Its 18 days before dec 21. Its also the exact length of the zodiac, in minutes, 25,920 minutes before dec 21. Amazing how an alignment occurs at precisely that time.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
One never knows maybe we will see something happen, then again maybe nothing will happen. Its all in the stars. I guess if we are going to get a warning of whats to come tomorrow might be a good time for it. Maybe iyt will wake up a few, or who knows maybe some of us will sleep through it all. But yes many things are happening in the universe all at the same time. Mayans were not stupid.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Originally posted by stirling
I dunno,............but i think ill head down to the bulk store for a case of toilet paper just in case......

Yup SHTF=need for lots of toilet paper.

if it hits anything toilet paper is needed, heck they go hand in hand for every occasion poop has to offer! lol

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The only thing close to doomsday will be the hysteria creating an economic crash on the 21st of December; caused by nothing other than the built up fear leading to massive hysteria and nothing else ensuing after. People are very much like Lemmings and will no doubt create their own doomsday.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
When you find out that the Royal families, and the major world museums begin to box up and put into deep storage their important collections of artwork, THEN you will know that disaster is imminent.

If an event hits and the Royals and the major museums have not been prepared, then what ever happens, surprised them as well.

Of course it is always wise to be prepared for any event. A months supply of food and water, etc. etc. etc. just in case something happens that surprises everyone.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
First of all, apocalypse does not translate to disaster, it means revelation of something previously unknown.

Secondly, When the Mayans made their long count calendar it was without the knowledge of christianity, so our calendar dates mean nothing.

And C, if they were so smart, why did they go bye bye?

It's like the psychic who got clocked by Lohan, if she was any good she would have seen it coming.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Originally posted by Hijinx
I can't wait for the 22nd when sitchin will come on air and say. You were all part of a thought experiment, turns out you all fail. That's right, you're all a bunch of gullible idiots. At which point he will chuckle hearty, and leave the seen in a platinum, diamond and white gold encrusted escalade limousine.

I guess that might be the way it would go down if he wasn't dead.

Cheers - Dave

he just may come back,lol
...\
In my opinion if it happen it happens It won't
change my day to day activities.
edit on 2-12-2012 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

My thoughts are pretty much the same. Trying to stop a global event is like yelling at a hurricane to go away and personally I think the event is much larger, I think it's a solar system event, otherwise the planets wouldn't be experiencing such radical changes. Things will be as they will be. Regardless, I have a mine shaft close by, know my local environment very well and out of habit over the years, I just stock a months worth of food and supplies myself because you never know for sure when the prices are going to go through the roof. If a global event occurs, survival will be based on the luck of the draw in the first 10 minutes to 2 weeks.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

I think it's a solar system event, otherwise the planets wouldn't be experiencing such radical changes

What exactly are all these "radical changes" the planets are experiencing??

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

Thank God somebody is at least preparing for doom. Russians are more intelligent than most people, in my opinion. They understand what it's like living under a totalitarian state, so they understand that even if the sky doesn't open up, that it's probably very likely that someone may try and force it open.

I'm all for the plan, finally. It took me much debate, but it's not going to get any better.

I am living proof. Apes in Los Angeles had a chance to save my life and they chose not to do that. So be it. Long live the Ozarks! God Bless America!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I have been in touch with the Iluminated Masters of the Universe via a chanelled Lord of Ancient Atlantis. They assure me that if enough people send me $1000 then the world will not end, there will not be 3 days if darkness and Bruce Springsteen's tour will continue in 2013.

It's all up to you .... But we only have a few days left.

Can you take the risk?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join