It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie Red Dawn Creates Racism Against Asians In Audience - The Power Of Movies!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say most of these people were already racists pricks before they watched this movie. Anyway, I saw that trailer before the Avengers and actually commented very loudly that it appeared there were no Koreans in the damn movie. All Chinese or Japanese actors pretty much, dumb hollywood can't even tell the difference.

The movie was originally written that the US was invaded by Chinese armed forces, but was later changed to North Korean to retain the Chinese market

Originally scheduled to be released on November 24, 2010, the film was shelved due to MGM's financial troubles. While in post-production, the invading army was changed from Chinese to North Korean in order to maintain access to China's box office.

Source

That being said, when has Hollywood ever accurately portrayed any ethnic group

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
LOL
Foreign Policy Experts Weigh in:
Lawrence Korb, former assistant secretary of defense to Ronald Reagan, and a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress:

What!? Really? How are the North Koreans gonna get here? We're talking about thousands of miles. Did they stage an amphibious landing like we did in Normandy? Did they fly over? Each of the pilots in their air force only flies four hours each year! Their military is in terrible shape, they don't have enough fuel, and they don't have the artillery. Like, how exactly is this going to happen?

www.motherjones.com...

I guess in a way that part is good
Remember all the noise from the media and washington that North Korea was a huge danger to the world?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
They aren't all young
They are of all ages

and if you go to twitter you will see the hate is still going on with people of all ages

this was not for just a moment, the hate is still continuing like right nowww
with people of all ages

So.......

Will Americans around the World start burning "Asian" Consulates?

I doubt it.

People are ignorant. That really is gist of it. Its a Movie. We cant go banning movies, because people decide to hype up their own insecurities, after watching them.. A Movie cant be blamed for stupidity.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I watched it, didn't make me feel any more racist then I typically am. (I hate everyone equally.) I think the movie was just a way for idiots to express themselves and blame it on something. Just like kids back in the 90's and "violent" video games. They already had it in them, they just now have a perfect scapegoat.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I dont doubt the people tweeting that nonsense are sincere.

After all it was only a few years ago all those same idiots were putting "I like fun" in their MySpace profiles.

Of course you like fun you idiot.

My favorite one is the "I usually love Asians but..."

To hold the opinion of "I love Asians" is bizarre and in itself extremely racist. Maybe a positive racism but still racist.

People are idiots. It's no secret.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If the Americans were Iraqi's in the film, they be called terrorists, or evil insurgents, that was the message i got from the film, it told me how young Iraqi felt when the Americans dropped in on them....

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
They should have left the movie with us against the chinese.....the more PC crap they put in it, the worst the movie became.

And all the little minions that twitted....we call em twits not tweets..are too dumb to live. I suggest culling the heard. I don't want to hear anyone complain about some dude shootin up another theater full of tards.

Its natural selection ya see, the dumb mindless superficial sleeping waste die first.

Not that Im condoning theater shootings....but you guys cant have it both ways.....they are either alive and too stupid because they feed the social model driving the bigotry and ignorance.....or they're tragic victims of some madman's random act of violence and they were so brave and smart for getting their heads blown off in a theater full of propaganda designed to keep us nice and stupid.

I think people are just stupid in general....especially in this country....I dont think it has anything to do with racism. And honestly I'd rather boink asian women than white ones.....I'll eat oriental anytime.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
So.......

I doubt it.

People are ignorant. That really is gist of it. Its a Movie. We cant go banning movies, because people decide to hype up their own insecurities, after watching them.. A Movie cant be blamed for stupidity.

Who said they will burn anything?
Who said people aren't ignorant?
Who said we should ban movies?
Who said movies should be blamed?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Pretty sure those people are joking. And it seems like some people fell for it.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
It is interesting that the hatred in this is surrounding the Asians. Yes they are the majority of the aggressors you see but they specifically state in the movie that the occupation was separated into groups and the North Koreans only had the North West sector of the U.S. The Russians had most of the rest of the country. I guess hatred is based only on who is on the screen.
edit on 1-12-2012 by Agarta because: wording

Or hatred to the people that aren't white.

But these people are either retarded or trolling so ah well.

edit on 1-12-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Controversy sells.

Puts foil hat on.

I wonder how many of those comments could have been purposely posted by the films producers or whomever related to the film to simply stir the pot and draw attention to the film? Remember, nobody paid ANY attention to some stupid horribly made movie a while back about Mohammed for months until somebody drew attention to it and then it's viewing exploded.

Sometimes these things backfire [We all saw the fall out from that] and sometimes they make people filthy rich

Takes foil hat off because it itches...

edit on 1-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
So.......

I doubt it.

Who said they will burn anything?
Who said people aren't ignorant?
Who said we should ban movies?
Who said movies should be blamed?

Is this about Hyping a Movie?
Is this about blame?
Is this pointing out Racism, or is it just plain finger pointing?
Is this thread strictly about stereotyping?

I think I was clear on what I really was trying to say.

People are ignorant. That really is gist of it. Its a Movie.

The rest of what I said was just like the initial Thread topic.

Lots of hypothetical thinking, of a bad movie, regarding people who have no checks or balances with their emotions.

And yes, there are studies of violence and Movies, and people that want them banned. There are banned movies around the World. People have died because of Videos.

But I wont go there, cause obviously it must be taboo to talk about them in this thread.

What are your thoughts on this?

edit on 1-12-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
No when the original Red Dawn movie Powers booth got shot down and told the wolverines what had happened.

The Chinese were nuked by Either the Russians and South American forces but then agian been 20 years since I watched it.

Watched the remake last week and I saw no racism in it the power of manufactured outrage!

Aint it awesome!

edit on 1-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
An obvious propaganda film.
Create new enemies for people to bash on, keeping them distracted from what tptb and the # that they're doing.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I saw the film....It is really bad.
I have not seen a film with that much "USA USA USA" chest beating in a long time.
In fact myself and my pal wanted the NK's to win.
Back to the OP it is a shame a work of fiction can make stupid people hate on another people like this.

And what is really funny to me is that the main character Jed Eckert is played by an Australian actor Chris Hemsworth.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This just reinforces my suspicion that the kiddies of today's generation really are lacking in the intellectual reasoning department... which reflects back to our piss poor education system.

These mindless tweeting kids are our future folks.

Now there's a scary thought.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
No matter what you do, these days you are bound to offend somebody. Plain and simple. I saw the movie and thought that it was awful. Damn shame because I was a big fan of the original.

What cracks me up is the mention of "zombies". Back in the 80's, I'd go to the sporting goods store and get a pack of silhouette targets before I went to the gun range. In the early 90's people started claiming that the targets were racist because the target area was black and that ment that you were shooting black people. So the people printing the targets came out with red and blue targets. It wasn't too long before people were complaining that the red targets were American Indians and the blue ones were police officers, so they stopped printing those targets. Finally a company came out with targets that had monsters and zombies printed on them and nobody complained.

I recall reading about a video game design company decided to use zombies as the bad guys in their game, so that they wouldn't offend anybody, hence the start of the "zombie craze".

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
This just reinforces my suspicion that the kiddies of today's generation really are lacking in the intellectual reasoning department... which reflects back to our piss poor education system.

Rest assured that I have four kids I am doing my best to make sure they don't turn out like the average bear!
We teach them to think things through, question everything (even parents and teachers), and to think critically.. not just believe what they are told, but to think it through.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa

Originally posted by CranialSponge

Rest assured that I have four kids I am doing my best to make sure they don't turn out like the average bear!
We teach them to think things through, question everything (even parents and teachers), and to think critically.. not just believe what they are told, but to think it through.

but, I'm afraid that you are in the minority.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
GUESS PATRICK SWAZEY ISNT IN THE REMAKE , WOOOOOOLVERINES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join