It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rolf Harris Questioned in Connection to Savile Case

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Rolf Harris Questioned in Connection to Savile Case

beforeitsnews.com

Twitter is buzzing with news that 82 year old BBC children’s TV presenter, Rolf Harris, is the latest to be interviewed by police in an ongoing investigation into a high level pedophile network at the very top of the British establishment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.da ilytelegraph.com.au
www.news.com.au
ww w.theaustralian.com.au
au.news .yahoo.com

edit on 30/11/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The rabbit hole gets deeper as time passes.

I know I am supposed to contribute to the OP with my own thoughts, but to be honest.....I am speechless.

I wonder if the full extent of these scumbag's actions will ever truly be known.

I just wish these bastards had done this in a country that would of had them stoned.

Give them a fitting end to the misery their lives have caused.

/hate

beforeitsnews.com

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Dear god please not Rolf Harris....

He's an Aussie legend, I grew up with his whacky hijinx and Dulux Paints TV ads.

EDIT: Looks like he was being questioned on a witness matter and has been released without charge.
edit on 1/12/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

edit on 1-12-2012 by markatUCR because: deleted for reasons of personal stupidity

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

The rabbit hole gets deeper as time passes.

I know I am supposed to contribute to the OP with my own thoughts, but to be honest.....I am speechless.

I wonder if the full extent of these scumbag's actions will ever truly be known.

I just wish these bastards had done this in a country that would of had them stoned.

Give them a fitting end to the misery their lives have caused.

/hate

beforeitsnews.com

Be careful what you wish for,you might be falsely accused or link to someone committing crimes one day.
Innocent until proven guilty and not always guilty by association.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Not Jake the peg! Tie me kangaroo down sport. Did they mention two little boys ?

Sorry for the brevity, this is a serious subject. We are fortunate enough in Australia to have a PM who has enough brains to follow mass public opinion and green light a royal commission into paedophilia.

Who knows, it could well lead to overseas networks and I hope as an Australian initiative, any british aristocracy boys clubs ...
will be duly ignored.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
It says he's being "interviewed".
It doesn't say arrested.

We don't know the specifics of the interview just yet or if he was personally involved in any sort of sexual misconduct.

We should wait until this is confirmed and more details are given.
We should definitely not jump to any conclusions.

- Lee

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
It says he's being "interviewed".
It doesn't say arrested.

We don't know the specifics of the interview just yet or if he was personally involved in any sort of sexual misconduct.

We should wait until this is confirmed and more details are given.
We should definitely not jump to any conclusions.

- Lee

I agree, but, my immediate reaction was ...

Nooooooooo!
Not Rolf Harris

Loved Coogee Bear as a kid

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Important Topic Updates

'It's crazy': friend supports Australian identity linked to Savile case

A FRIEND of the family of a prominent Australian entertainer reportedly questioned in Britain on suspicion of sexual offences has expressed shock at the raging online rumour mill.

The questioning by Scotland Yard detectives is the latest action by Operation Yewtree, a national investigation into alleged abuse by the disgraced TV presenter Jimmy Savile.

No mainstream media have named the interviewed man, who is in his 80s and lives in Berkshire, west of London, but widespread allegations against the Australian entertainer have appeared across the internet.

The family friend, who declined to be named, asked if the entertainer could have committed such offences, said: "Absolutely not".

"The whole thing is crazy. There is all sorts of speculation going on."

A close family member, who lives in Sydney, declined to make any comment on Saturday.

Officers are looking at three strands within their inquiry: claims against Savile, those against Savile and others, and those against others.

The individual was questioned in the "others" category, which consists mainly of allegations made against individuals in the entertainment industry, which has seen Gary Glitter, comedian Freddie Starr and DJ Dave Lee Travis arrested and bailed.

Mainstream media in Britain have not named the man but social media was having a field day.

The name of the individual was first tweeted by a criminologist, Mark Williams-Thomas, who has conducted research into the years of abuse by Savile.

Read more: www.smh.com.au...

So it seems he is being crucified by social media before he is even proven guilty of anything. For all we know he might have unknowingly witnessed something or have some knowledge that the police need to catch the pedophiles.

edit on 1/12/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

"A man in his 80s, from Berkshire, was interviewed under caution on suspicion of sexual offences after attending south London police premises by appointment at midday today," police said.

Oh dear Rolf.. What did you do..

How will it be possible to reconcile the entire time you were playing around in trench coats saying "Hey don't mind my extra large third leg!" and giving 'two little boys' some toys, you may actually have been telling the truth...

It sounds a bit more than just questioning. sounds like an formal investigation into something more than having just seen something. "on suspicion of.."

What next, Dame Edna? possums...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Twitter is buzzing with news that

is that what the world has been reduced to in 2012 - " trial " by twitter - fooking pathetic

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I would expect this to have been intentionally released to discredit the whole investigation.

You can see the "turn" for yourself in this thread.

Rolf Harris is much loved, both in the UK, and Oz.

Someone in the investigation steers the team to call him in for questioning...

A little leak, in the right direction, here and there.

The herd jumps on Rolf...

Rolf is cleared...

Rolfs reputation is restored...

The herd jumps on the investigation.

Job done

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watchfull
I would expect this to have been intentionally released to discredit the whole investigation.

Rolf is cleared...

Job done

???? What are you talking about?
I see a large percentage of people assuming guilt before he has even been accused of anything.
As another above said he might have information the police want or need to lock up the accused.
Far out why do we crucify people so fast?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
What worries me about this, is that, someone has some information but will now hesitate before going to the police for fear of being branded.

It is also open to abuse, anyone could be accused by anyone hiding behind an anonymous web sign in.

At the same time that Rolf Harris was being reported a lesser known actor, Andrew Lancel was actually being charged, " Former Coronation Street actor Andrew Lancel has been charged with historical child sex offenses, police have said." www.bbc.co.uk...

This proves some of this coverage can be so one sided and suspect, and that people should wait till charges are laid before raising comments on the web.

Whether these matters get to trail may be down to peoples knee-jerk reactions or lack of, in order for information to come to light and be investigated.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXSvenXx

Originally posted by Watchfull

Rolf is cleared...

Job done

???? What are you talking about?
I see a large percentage of people assuming guilt before he has even been accused of anything.
As another above said he might have information the police want or need to lock up the accused.
Far out why do we crucify people so fast?

The powerful people behind this scandal have remained untouched for so long, because of their amazing control of the media, their far reaching manipulation of authority figures, and ability to control the minds of the population.

The very first leaks, most likely had been very derogatory towards Rolf, just to steer the campaign in the intended direction.

This is a press release, can you not see that?

Press releases are used to fuel the media with your side of a story, biased or not.

The whole Savile saga has blown up, and can either continue unabated, most likely taking down British society, as we know it, or it can be "contained"

I predict a few more thoroughly trusted, and loved people to be thrown to the lions, before the populace "sees" the whole investigation as a shambles.

That is their method of containment.

You would think that members here are wise to this kind of manipulation.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I imagine a lot of people will be questioned in connection with this case, it doesn't mean they are guilty, just that they may have had an association with the accused.

I still don't think that there is any conclusive evidence to say that anybody involved is guilty, including Jimmy Savile.

Well, ok, Gary Glitter is guilty of being a dirty nonce, that we can be sure of.

But until the final outcome of this case is determined, nobody should be judging anybody of anything.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Obviously, one will be shocked to hear that an entertainer of Mr Harris's nature is being questioned in connection to the Savile issue.

However, that is because most people have no idea what the word "questioned" means in terms of police strategy. An interveiw, or questioning, will be applied to anyone that the police believe have a connection to, or information about, an incident they are investigating. Until the results of the interveiw, the information collected, have been gone over, and slotted into thier place in the investigation, the meaning of the interveiw, and its content, are utterly unknown to those outside the investigative team who are working on the case.

Let me give you an example of how a person might be questioned, while remaining utterly shiny in terms of thier own personal conduct on a matter:

I was recently a witness to an armed robbery in the street where I live and work. Me and a collegue chased the thieves who had robbed the local jewlers, round the corner and to thier vehicle, which they managed to get into before we could lay hands upon thier collars.

When the police arrived, they interveiwed my collegue and I, seperately I might add, in an in depth manner. Because my eyesight is bloody fantastic, I was able to give them many details about one of the robbers, which they would have been otherwise unable to discover, and I had already provided them with the details of the getaway vehicle, which they then confirmed with me at the interveiw.

Despite the fact that I was utterly innocent of any involvement with the crime commited against my friends and neigbors, I was none the less questioned in connection with the event, because I had data the police required, and therefore, they had to ask me about the event to gain it.

Mr Harris may be being questioned about events he saw, things he heard, people he knew and the way that the entertaiment industry as a whole was structured, during the periods being refered to. Bearing in mind that his involvement with the BBC and British broadcasting in general has been extremely long , it makes sense for the police to want to question him on that basis alone. Also, because Mr Harris has been involved with charity, and with kids tv over the years, he is in a fantastic position to highlight key areas and periods which might be important to the investigation as a whole.

There is absolutely no reason to jump to the conclusion that he is being questioned because there is evidence that HE was involved in illegal activity of any kind, aside from his being spoken to by the police (which could have many meanings, not just the sensational one).

Lesson: Get
A
Grip.

GAG for short.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

There are two strands to Yewtree, one directly related to Savile's acts and the other, simply called "others", related to sexual offences that had come to light during the investigation but not directly related to Savile.

The latest man fell into the latter category.

News of the latest development came in a statement from Scotland Yard, released soon after the man left Lewisham police station in London's south at 5pm, where he had attended "by appointment" and was "interviewed under caution", meaning he was read his rights before he spoke with police.

www.theaustralian.com.au...

This makes it sound a little more serious.
edit on 1-12-2012 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
seems that he may of been arrested now !

mobile.news.com.au... 608965017

better link goo.gl...
edit on 29/3/13 by DanaKatherineScully because: better link

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Couldn't all that be achieved with a discreet visit to his home, or some other venue, rather than have him appearing at the local constabulary, then? Especially so if he isn't even deemed suspect in any manner?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join