It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep Grooves :Explore Music Outside the BoX

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia
reply to post by ImaFungi

Did you mean Parthogenisis by Canned Heat? (link doesn't work and that is the only one I can think of). If so yes. I haven't listened to that in years but filled with amazing talent. It amazes me how much talent, feel and sound change..................its like a living entity in how time and change creates new music.

If you listen to the music created skipping 10 years at a time you can really hear it. So what that tells me is that the changes that take place are on a physics level that literally transforms everything.

A Favorite.

edit on 6-12-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

Yep thats the song i meant.. and I agree with what youre saying, although the past 50 years or so,, there has been soooo much music created.. and different underground and obscure scenes throughout all of it... but the technology that exists right now and tomorrow really is doing wonders for musical potential .... then again i guess it has always been the musical technology that has been the law for what can be created and recorded musically...

that last batch you posted was all wonderful!! enjoyed every tune...

have you ever heard of this ...... www.youtube.com...

its all acousitc live versions of popular and not so popular bands and musicians playing around paris (usually)... im sure if you dont know if it you would find a lot of cool new music, and most likely some people you know of perform..

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Listening to your link and enjoying it a great deal. Sigh.....................sharing music and discovering what is out there is my reprieve. The world of music is endless..........

If I was an alien and I came to this planet..................I think I would learn more about humans by the music they produce than I would by trying to understand them through trying to be around them.

Low - There is nothing they produce that I don't Love.

One of my faves.................beautiful and gentle

Like Kwoon, Blueneck I love these bands - Nosound, The Evpatiria Report, The Ascent of Everest, Exitmusic, Gem Club, Yann Tiersen, Ardenjohn, Aleah, Carbon Based Lifeforms, Angus & Julia Stone, Patrick Watson, Sarah Blasko, The Unthanks, Her Name is Calla, Laura, A Whisper in the Noise, Gregor Samsa, ...........my list really is endless and goes on forever........................................

A Whisper in the Noise - Awesome band!!!

If you want to escape your mind...............and go on a natural trip.

edit on 7-12-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Truly amazing

You and PrimeLights selections are overwhelming... I have been putting al these newly discovered tracks in youtube playlists so when i have time i can seek out more of their music... I just wanna thank you guys for directing so much good stuff my way

About your alien thought... That would be a good idea... swing by,, download "All the music" to listen to on a cosmic roadtrip...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Thanks Ima. I can say the same for you and Primelight(who indeed has a tendency to overwhelm me). Both of you consistently open my world to amazing sounds and talent. What a great trip indeed!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
For you........................PrimeLight.............................for now music and thoughts replace the physical manifestation.......of dreams......so we embrace what we can in the waiting....

A beauty...................quietly seducing the listener ...and captivating the senses.......deeply

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
thank you

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Ima thanks for a little Cat as I think she is fabulous.

PL - no guilt

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Skye - Not Broken..................................just feels like it sometimes but we aren't broken.

Angus Stone -

Casaria Evora - Besame Mucho (I remember seeing her live. She was amazing and chain smoking through it all. She was the only one I recall who was ever allowed that luxury in the music hall).

Thomas Feiner & Anywhen - For Now (Sad song but beautiful)

Sarah Jaffe - Pretender (a favorite - right from the gut)

Melody Gardot (incredible artist - no words to describe her depth)

Iyeoka - Simply Falling - oh yeah.....great slight jazzy feel.

Sarah Jaffe - Swelling (she is amazing)

edit on 8-12-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Amazing stuff Egyptia as usual... keep em coming

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Someone has been waiting patiently for me to post
... I could be here all night breaking down just how intense, moving and soothing so many of these tracks are that you both posted, though I won't go too deep into the semantics of them all with their effect, just enjoy in the sensation and keep up the musical inspirations---loving this little retreat in the ats wilderness.

a little bit of moody brooding..

edit on 10-12-2012 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Your flow I can really get into...speaking the only language I know, singing my song, moving through these paths as stones.

sensuous tales of jaded love

with a little smooth and mellow to round it out for the new dawn..

the depth of you never ceases to amaze...what an impact you bring on another level...seriously enveloping and consuming in all you bring as a gift to this life of many colours, draped in silhouettes.
edit on 10-12-2012 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimeLight

Loved them all...................in translated feeling...............connection.

This voyage rythms in passion, emotions and tantric movements of life inside my soul.....in the fire.........

This one is for you......................from deep within because you are there with me dancing already.

There is so much more to share..........................................this world inside barely touched...........holds a universe......to discover....yet.

A taste of heaven......................

edit on 10-12-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Your opening my eyes to a sound that is new to me and I'm loving it. Always hungry for talent.

For you .............................I doubt you have heard them but they are amazing and have a hard edge with a celestial feel!

I search far and wide because most talent is spread throughout the globe. Everyone of us speaks the same language...............just need to touch and connect only to discover that........................................we make up the universe in feeling.

Gorgeous mixed groove.............................Saltillo, this group is nothing short of amazing.........................salty and sweet...

edit on 10-12-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The heart races....................in life to catch and keep.........................that feeling....

Saltillo - a beautiful gift for those that can hear.....this artist is incredible!!!

Sunday Munich..............yeah......

Amazing how your body will just sway without you thinking about it.........................

The Cinematic Orchestra - the variety of their talent........................amazing!

PL ........................................singing into me........because I know you 'see' me ♥ as I see U.

The Awakening of a Woman - a smooth jazz influence with a hinto classical mixed in a deep deep electric groove...nice to the senses.

Close your eyes.................................

edit on 11-12-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Swept............................................inside the feel...

edit on 12-12-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Daughter.........................an amazing amount of talent..................truly get swept by them.

Do you really want to be with these bones when they decay? My Love our time goes so fast..............we are atoms inside the speed of light.......This world is a marathon towards that end...............................

Music...................never tires my soul.............................like talking to you...............Endless and forever untiring because there is always something left to say and express. We started and ended.......................................together.

Soul Medicine for memories already imbedded and laid in the foundation of the universe.

Love.........amazing.....

edit on 13-12-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Definitely Fitzpleasure......................Alt-J delivers............................and delivers. Grooves in the heart of some funk talent! Everything is a reflection of that greater thing felt.......................nothing can compare to it.......

Bat For Lashes - another favorite..........................I could link so many gems here

Remember Laura......................

Diving.............................................into you. A real beauty.........I can't possibly express in word.

edit on 13-12-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join