Deep Grooves :Explore Music Outside the BoX

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Nicely done......................I love Fleet Foxes and Grizzly Bear. Sweet.

edit on 1-12-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

holy crap... that nancy elizabeth.... woah.,,.,. she doesnt play all those instruments does she?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
you posted an album by hope sandavol before... so im sure youre familiar with these...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

^^^^ the legend of this guitar solo... is that the leader of the band told the "soloist" to play as if he just found out his mother has died...... and then to discover she is really still alive after thinking she has died....
edit on 2-12-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

You have exotic music tastes Fungi

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

If you ever have a half an hour to kill... And youre not busy and can just hang around and relax.. drink a cup of tea or coffee,, observe your surroundings.. relax.... this man ( and his band) attempt to give you a cross section of their existence, emotions, thoughts... a journey through sound... from the brain of these musicians,, through their bodies.. into yours....

if you cant listen to the whole thing in one sitting dont even bother
....you might as well be doing anything else

^^ probably some of the most pretentious things ive ever said.... but if you look up lists of the greatest jazz albums ever made,, this is most likely on it..... then again if your not a fan of jazz ( which basically translates to.. not "getting" jazz) you can certainly use this album, and the fact it is high on the list, as justification of your hatred for the genre..
edit on 2-12-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

You have exotic music tastes Fungi

music is exotic my friend

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
For my Love - My 1 and only
You are never far from my thoughts in heart, spirit and inspiration..........♥

Many of the songs have you in mind. You are never far from what my heart expresses.

Especially this one......

My favorite......................

edit on 2-12-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

"Calypso is remembered most for her role in Homer's Odyssey, in which she keeps the fabled Greek hero Odysseus on her island so she could make him her immortal husband. According to Homer, Calypso kept Odysseus hostage at Ogygia for seven years,[4] while Pseudo-Apollodorus says five years[5] and Hyginus says one.[6] Calypso enchants Odysseus with her singing as she strolls to and fro across her weaving loom, with a golden shuttle. During this time they sleep together, although Odysseus soon comes to wish for circumstances to change.

Odysseus cannot be away from his wife Penelope any longer and wants to go to Calypso to tell her. His patron goddess Athena asks Zeus to order the release of Odysseus from the island, and Zeus sends the messenger Hermes, to tell Calypso to set Odysseus free, for it was not his destiny to live with her forever. She angrily comments on how the gods hate goddesses having relationships with mortals. Then being worried for her not-meant-to-be love Odysseus, Calypso sends him on his way with a boat, wine, and bread. Odysseus tells her he knows she is more beautiful than his wife, but he wants to get home for other reasons.

Homer does not mention any children by Calypso. By some accounts, which come after the Odyssey, Calypso bore Odysseus a son, Latinus,[7] though Circe is usually given as Latinus's mother.[8] In other accounts Calypso bore Odysseus two children, Nausithous and Nausinous."

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

if you cant listen to the whole thing in one sitting dont even bother ....you might as well be doing anything else

Very nice jazz piece. Appreciating some of the more obscure sounds you added too that I would have never been exposed to otherwise
I don't, much like you feel there can't be time set aside to listen to the vast talent out there in the world. So sad...you are in a world that doesn't showcase these sounds widely so that all could have a chance to broaden musical horizons.

You took me on a musical wild ride with the scope of sound ....now take a walk on this trip through the valley of the shadow of death (my interpretation of this psychadelic track) and may you fear no evil

starts 1 min after intro piece
edit on 2-12-2012 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimeLight

Both those songs you posted were very enjoyable...

that last song was just amazing!!.. All the sounds and patterns and subtleties fitting together very nicely.. very great people/person whoever created that..

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join