It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep Grooves :Explore Music Outside the BoX

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Moody Grooves explores music that is not in the mainstream or pumped out through the various popular media outlets. It is the exposure of artistic talent that goes beyond the pressure of having to conform and limit free expression of raw talent. It is music without the requirement to conform to pop or any other mainstream pressure.

When people are able to create their 'art' without boundaries, that is usually when something truly beautiful is created in the heart of true expression.

Most of the music created without restraint results in a free creative license. This usually transcends in free form from the music to the listener with great depth in feelings, transferred from the artistic piece in pure soul expression.

This is a thread to encourage artists who are not well known but should be because their music is "AWESOME". I hope this will encourage people to explore all that is 'out there' because there really is some utterly incredible talent.

I hope to raise some much needed attention to these steller bands, who in my personal opinion blow mainstream talent out of the water. The list is endless with so much talent out there and I for one love exploring it. Here we can all share the gems discovered.

Cheers;

For you in the see beyond.

edit on 1-12-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Do you make music your self? You certainly have the ear!!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Thanks ImaFungi. I love your selections and happy for their discovery. Thanks!

There is no doubt how much I love music and if I could I would be making music with a deep passion. Maybe one day......

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Cool! Music is my passion as well,, so maybe someday we can create some music together..

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

one of my favorite bands ever.... if youve never heard,,, check their music out..

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Wow ImaFungi, I'm lovin' all the music that your bringing forward. Many of these I have never heard before. AWESOME!!!

........................and yeah it would be a dream to put everything we love together and create one album. Blows my mind to try and ponder that.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia

........................and yeah it would be a dream to put everything we love together and create one album. Blows my mind to try and ponder that.

^^^
Thats the goal right there

I plan on doing that within the next few years... so if youve ever played an instrument, or can sing, or have a hand or two to make noise, youre invited to create with me when I get the opportunity..

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Originally posted by Egyptia

^^^
Thats the goal right there

I plan on doing that within the next few years... so if youve ever played an instrument, or can sing, or have a hand or two to make noise, youre invited to create with me when I get the opportunity..

You kidding me........................sounds like a dream come true. I'm in. I'm pretty good at banging things together. (just kidding I think I can do better than that)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

may not be that out of the box but i recently discovered this piece of music, and i enjoy it... its epic..

^^ parts of that or all of that may sound familiar....

This piece by him may definitely sound familiar...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
some semi out of the box classical piano techniques...

After these im gonna have to quit hogging your thread.... and start listening to more up to date and relevant music
before i come back and post....

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Your stuff is great including the old and classical. It isn't mainstream or pop which is fantastic!

You're opening my eyes to a wider variety of talent and I'm always appreciative of that.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

^^^^ great album... the guy made it directly after being released from a mental hospital he was in for months
...... he plays all the instruments on all the songs....

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

edit on 1-12-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

That was so beautiful woodward!

ImaFungi;
I found that interesting about Alexander Skip Spence. His music brings me back to the psychedelic sounds of the 60's and 70's. It has that slow cool jive feel about it. It is odd how we can't reproduce those sounds. Even when we try, it doesn't 'feel' the same.

This one is for my angel with one wing.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join