It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, Yule or Festivus...Happy Holidays dang it! Post some cheer here!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It's hard to feel Christmas-y today. It's hard to feel much of anything besides despair...

However, someone sent this link to my kid today and it made him reeeally happy, so...to keep Happy Holiday sentiments and child-like wonder, despite the world's best efforts...

www.geekologie.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I saw something AWESOME last night.

I went to the store to get some last minute baking supplies (for the endless spreading of Holiday cheer
) and someone parked at the local grocer had rigged up a mock roof top on their car. Like an actual house roof top, and decked it out with Christmas lights. They were inside shopping but the lights were shining on.

It was hilarious and made me smile from ear to ear.

Alas, my cell phone battery had petered out so, no pics...

ETA: This thread reads like I'm having a Christmas party by myself...don't care though, PARTY ON! I sat on the sidelines last year so this year, I'm all in!

edit on 12/19/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Kissing under the Mistletoe in 2012.

Damned surveys and focus groups!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Dang, this HAS to be rare.

LUV it!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Saw this guy today on the way to the grocery to buy Christmas dinner fixin's...I don't think it's Santa...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

kosmicjack, Thanx so much for this collection of pics, postings, music and such! You have truly brought up my Holiday spirit several notches. I have been kinda a "shut-in" most of this month because of health stuff but this collection of goodies posted has been such fun for me...to get to see and hear of various Christmas/Holiday doins and such. I feel as if I went to the parade pictured...so cool! Thanx to all here who posted such neat things. Blessings, hugs to all. Stay warm and cozy and safe and well one and all!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I had a surreal moment at work today. There's this old Muslim woman that comes in to work a couple of days a week. Very nice lady. Today she wished me a Merry Christmas. I had out half of "To you as well" when I just went with "Thank you." So much for disrespect from other cultures.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

I'm so sorry you're having health concerns - I totally get it and how it can really impact feeling festive. I was in the hospital last Christmas, which is why I feel so nostalgic and blessed this Christmas.

It's kind of a surreal feeling when the whole world is going on around you with shopping and wrapping and decorating and Christmas cheer and you are kind of stuck.

I have another dear ATS friend who is going through that as well.

It makes me so happy that this thread has made you happy!
I really hope you both feel better and that the New Year brings you much health and happiness.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I love that!

It seems like a no-brainer that - no matter the world view or spiritual background - that one would wish another much happiness regardless but, sadly, that is so often not the case. I'm glad you got to experience that bit of beautiful humanity at this time of year.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The first pics are some of our more ATS-themed ornaments on our tiny, silly tree. LOL!

And this is the top of our regular tree:

Our star is *always* crooked.

And, finally, one last wish off of our tree for everyone ...

...Or whatever it is you celebrate or don't

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Merry Christmas Kosmic - and a Happy New Year

:-)

And the same to everyone else - here's to a shiny, happy 2013

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link