It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fictional stories revealing real world conspiracies? Any good examples?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Why do you think that? This is totally serious... if I told you how serious you would likely think I was trolling even more. It's a no win situation. People tend to think something is too good or too incredible to be true.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheKeyMaster

You're over thinking it. Like I said, you can u2u me about it if you're not comfortable posting on the forum. You sound paranoid though and possibly delusional. So I wouldn't even worry about libel or it being mistaken as non-fiction even if you post it word for word as you see it.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I always thought "The Box" had some underlying meaning to it. It was not a good film, but I always liked Richard Kelly's films so I watched it.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, the film is based on an old twilight zone episode, and it follows it pretty closely except for the addition of a whole bunch more bizarre stuff. It's the bizarre stuff that made it such a bad movie, I thought, but maybe there is more to it.

It takes place in the 70's. The lead character works for NASA, on the Viking mission. He is also making a prosthetic "piece of a foot" for his wife who has a part of her foot missing. A "piece" that will enable her to walk correctly. A conspiracy ensues, apparently coordinated by a "being" that came through the images from Viking. "The Being" controls people thoughts, and we learn in fact there is already a large group of people FROM NASA that are somehow controlled in their brains by "the being". More things ensue, and the lead character ends up going into a water portal or something? Then later the heinous group of people controlled by "the being" all walk into a swimming pool that water-portals them somewhere to hatch more nefarious schemes.

And of course I left out all the drama about the box, but when you leave it out, you almost get a separate story that's cohesive by itself.

The problem with this example as far as pertains to the OP is if you're gonna write something and be sly about it, you can't be TOO sly or no one will get it. I can see him alluding to something maybe, but what? Something in the Viking photos? NASA conspiracies? Water Portals?

Off topic - I always thought The Darjeeling Limited was a story about "one" guy and his brothers were just his ego and id, but no reviewers or anybody I ever talked to about it thought so, so who knows?

edit on 1-12-2012 by JayDub113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
To Boncho...

How can people make a claim like that on a conspiracy site? It makes me wonder what your motivation is.

The only way I can convince you is by giving you more details.. which is what I said I am not going to do now. If you knew all that was involved you would understand why that is. But trust me when I say this is not a delusion.

edit on 1-12-2012 by TheKeyMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JayDub113

Interesting post man! That movie sounds really weird and creepy! haha

The Darjeeling Limited was supposed to be based on Jack Nicholson, Peter Bogdonavitch and Francis Ford Coppala I believe. But maybe you knew that and this was in top of that explanation? Wes Anderson has some brilliant ideas so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he included all of that. Interesting ideas. Definitely food for thought!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

You may as well just post whatever it is. If it's that juicy write the book, go find a publisher, then come back and drop hints to help sell your book.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheKeyMaster
I am looking for good examples of people using fictional stories to reveal real world conspiracies.

Does anyone here know of any good recent fictional stories attempting to reveal real people involved in conspiracies?

I have a story I want to document but it is very difficult to navigate the legal minefield. Are there any tricks these fictional writers use?

For example. I want to combine several researchers who have written non-fiction books into one character and use that person as a way of educating people on the things learned in their books and the processes they went through.. but this could be sticky. Do I need permission from the writers even though I am not using their likeness. I would be using info they personally discovered.

I also have a problem in that this story jumps around to different eras and connects seemingly unrelated events.. so I need some methods used to make a dramatic story that ties these things together.. again.. any tricks people can think of for doing some kind of conspiracy related story like this?

The Armageddon Conspiracy
Prohibition A
The Millionaires Death Club

All by a guy named Mike Hockney.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Wow, and I did not know that about Jack Nicholson and Coppola. Just the whole movie they take turns saying "give me Dad's belt" and a different one takes the belt each time for whatever situation. The little one is the only one who has sex, then they all smoke. The bandaged one I think is the central self, bruised and beaten by life. It's probably not supposed to be taken too literally, but the ideas are there.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

The problem is though that I am not a writer.. I have trouble writing posts and letters let alone books or book proposals.. I am someone who is great at learning about things but terrible at conveying the info.

Plus as you surely know these subjects have such a stigma that no one believes you when you talk about them. This is why I will likely have to figure out how to publish it myself.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Jason Shwarzman's uncle is Francis Ford Coppola.. he probably heard all those stories.. but instead of making the movie on them literally they said they were brothers instead of friends and used them as guides to the characters. But who knows where the truth and fiction ends.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ELectricalApprentice

Thank you! I will check them out!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheKeyMaster
reply to post by InFriNiTee

InFriNiTee, thank you man! Those sound like they could be ideal..I wonder how they managed this without getting sued? Maybe there are court documents showing it's real and that protects them??

They changed the names of the pharmaceutical company, and the pesticide manufacturer and both of their products respectively. That's the ONLY way they got the word out. It's too bad that show was only on for 2 seasons!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by InFriNiTee

It's weird though.. this si the kind of thing I don't understand.. how can people no know they are referring to the same company?

This is why legal stuff makes me so nervous.. it's so counter intuitive.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

If you've studied the background of the REAL companies that are mentioned with ficticious names, those things will ring a bell. I am glad you posted this, just because I was going to post a thread much like this. Please everyone, share what you've seen or heard. There are some great examples showing up.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Seriously noone mentioned the X-files and the Lone gunmen?(if someone did and i missed it,i apologise
)
Every known conspiracy is part of these 2 shows.

Also check the tv show "Dark skies" and the movie "The Manchurian candidate"

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
What immediately popped in my mind was Stephen King book, "The Stand" with the killer virus, Captain Tripps. It hasn't wiped out huge populations - yet, but I'll never forget the chills that ran down my spine by all the hype came out with Bird and Swine Flu's.

Another "uh oh!" moment was hearing the dire warnings of the honey bees starting to die out. Back in the early eighties there was a great end of world book in which the beginning of the end happened was with the honey bees going extinct and how that caused horrific food shortages.

While I realize these examples aren't to the extent that played out in the books, it was nevertheless creepy when reading recent developments pertaining to what I had long ago read about.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Taylor Caldwell's "The Captains and the Kings". Written in the 70's. She really seemed to know her stuff. She referred to the "Trilateral Commission", their power etc. Probably had more info than that but it's been a long time since I read the book. That book is what brought me into the world of conspiracy.
Also, the movie, "Eyes Wide Shut".

edit on 1-12-2012 by hypattia because: More info

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
the 80's mini series "V"

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
How about John Carter of Mars, showing that a race existed behind the scenes, manipulating and controlling what is going on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join