It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fictional stories revealing real world conspiracies? Any good examples?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I have an idea how I can do it but I am afraid to reveal it here because then if I do and make it then I might give away the secret.

I honestly feel this is why conspiracies don't get out.. because they have set it up where they can sue anyone at any time.. and unless you are rich there is nothing you can do about it.

I feel like they have paralyzed us with making the laws ridiculously complex.. plus they likely use kind of "false flag" acts wih lawsuits to get the laws the way they want so we are all controlled by those laws they manipulated.
edit on 30-11-2012 by TheKeyMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKeyMaster

What you might find interesting is the date it was first published and when you read it think back over the last 10years. You will find it was published long before ATS existed. A lot of what the story about has come to be known to be true. I think it was true when he first wrote it.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheKeyMaster

Originally posted by King Seesar

But when you here stories of people like Randy Quaid talk about a similar entertainment industry type mob and with movies like LA Confidential i have no doubt that these types of things exist or have in the past.

edit on 30-11-2012 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

You make great points. But the problem in my situation though is if I was that vague people would never understand who I think is really involved. But maybe there is no way to do that without getting in trouble and them shutting the movie down? I was hoping there might be some really sneaky stuff that could be done.

True but when dealing with a mob or syndicate like this who strong arm people within the entertainment industry to give them a piece of there contract the top person of this mob would be well hidden and his goons would be the ones doing most of the strong arming and bottom feeding that's why i think pin pointing the top person of such a group would be hard to do so you end up with generalizations...
edit on 30-11-2012 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This TRILOGY by Patrick lee is great www.patrickleefiction.com...

Lots of action and possibilties of weird stuff going on out there.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I am looking for good examples of people using fictional stories to reveal real world conspiracies.

Does anyone here know of any good recent fictional stories attempting to reveal real people involved in conspiracies?

I have a story I want to document but it is very difficult to navigate the legal minefield. Are there any tricks these fictional writers use?

There is an endless amount of fictional work based off the world. Little details of which ones and which scenarios they applied to are hard to think of off the top of my head.

Is there a certain topic you would be more interested in? i.e., specific industry, etc.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I have a story I want to document but it is very difficult to navigate the legal minefield. Are there any tricks these fictional writers use?

Yes, plenty. This happens all the time actually. In some cases, people who 'knew who they were' in the fictional piece even tried to sue the writers for defamation but in the end will lose. (And kind of admit something in doing so.)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Off the top of my head (while it doesnt really outline many conspiracies), this book was based off the life of a friend of the author. The guy was a sex maniac that died of liver complications if I remember correctly.

Link
edit on 1-12-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Here is something for you to read as well, libel in fiction.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I have been reading legal articles like crazy but they are so incredibly vague. They usually just tell you you need to get a lawyer to go over your stuff but I can't afford that.

It's tough to get into my situation without going into details.

But the most I can probably say is that it deals with real people and real events in our era. Some of the people I want to reference are so recognizable if I had a character do anything remotely close o what they do people would instantly know who they are.. if I change what they do then it defeats the purpose.

What if at the end of the movie I had someone wake up and it was all a dream? That is what I need.. some kind of loophole..

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

What if at the end of the movie I had someone wake up and it was all a dream? That is what I need.. some kind of loophole..

You should read that article. The law states that libel only applies if the character is outright discernible. In other words, if you use no means to disguise them. You can write about real people, but not say anything negative.

So if you are writing about a mayor, you could change that to city councillor. If they are a woman, you can make them a man. It depends on the story you are telling because some facts will be necessary to mirror for the story to make sense.

ie: A story about a woman during child birth wouldn't make sense if it was a male character.

Here is another blog post on the subject:

When an author wants to draw from a real person as the basis for a fictional character, there are two relatively "safe" courses of action from a legal perspective: First, the author may make little or no attempt to disguise the character, but refrain from any defamatory and false embellishments on the character's conduct or personality; second, the author may engage in creative embellishments that reflect negatively on the character's reputation, but make substantial efforts to disguise the character . . . to avoid identification. When an author takes a middle ground, however, neither adhering perfectly to the person's attributes and behavior nor engaging in elaborate disguise, there is a threat of defamation liability.

www.rightsofwriters.com...

Maybe you can give us some hints. Is the story centred at the local, township level. Does it have a national, international focus?

Does it involved branches of government? Etc.

This will be helpful as well www.independentproducerhandbook.co.uk...

And it should be noted, as far as I know, the Government cannot sue for libel as they have no business reputation to uphold. They are public.

In the case of an individual, it is about an individuals rights, and business, a business' rights. The Government is yours to have fun with in fiction.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
These people are posing as normal people but they seem to work for the government.. if I was to say they work for the government then because they claim to be normal people then they could sue I would think.

Also.. because they are so high profile and such unique individuals if I made a character remotely like them even if I changed details about them I think everyone would instantly know who I was referring to.

Also.. if I change details then the rest of the story doesn't make sense because everything is interlocked...

Maybe I could make multiple stories and disclose different elements but then it gets so confusing.. and it's already incredibly immense..

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

You just change details around enough that they are not recognizable. Are you talking about national celebrities, or personal people in your life. You are being pretty vague...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

These are nationally known people.

I am trying to think of someone that would be analogous.. but these publicly known people are very unique individuals... and there aren't many of them.. so it would be easy to see who I was talking about.

Also.. I don't have proof... but when you look at other related info it seems obvious that they work for the government. In my story I wanted to show them working with the government behind the scenes and why they are.. it all fits together with other discoveries.

But like I was saying.. these people's stories are so unique even if I made them go from a white man to a black woman people would still know who I based them on.. these people are the only people to do what they have done.. but would this still get me in trouble. This is why they always say you have to talk to a lawyer. And even if I did they would probably just tell me not to do it. haha

edit on 1-12-2012 by TheKeyMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Great idea, thanks for posting the thread.

I have a couple good ones I think for you.

Go up to Hulu's website and search for the show "Eli Stone".

Watch the first episode, WARNING SPOILERS BELOW.

The first episode has a woman who wants Eli to go against Bectel Pharmaceuticals (fictional pharmaceutical company) for adding "Mercuritol" aka Thimerisol to the vaccine which caused her son's autism. There's one for you, watch it and enjoy! I know there's tons of threads on the Thimerisol additive that's added to vaccines.

Then watch episode two of the same show. In the second episode, Eli goes against the fictional "Gro-Plus" pesticide manufacturer for their pesticide causing sterility in Mr. Ramirez' wife on the show. I think we know about the problems that have been discussed on ATS regarding GMO seeds and possible 3rd generation sterility, as well as the possibility of their glycophospate (Roundup) being accused of causing sterility in humans.

I hope to see a lot of ON-Topic posts, as this is a subject I am greatly interested in.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Take the government out of it? They could be working instead for some big organisation, lobby, religious group. Just thoughts.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

You can say what they are or what positions they hold. You are not writing a novel on this thread, or accusing them of anything.

If you want to you can lay out the synopsis for your story. Just remember to post, "This is a fictitious story I thought was a good idea, and here are my characters, and story..." etc, etc.

Writing is really not as cloak and dagger as you are trying to make it out to be.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by icmom

The problem is though that these people working for the government ties to an even bigger element of my story. And even if it was for some other group.. if I imply they are lying then I think they could still sue me..

This is why I think the government is able to get away with all this stuff. they use the laws that are our freedom to protect these scams they are running.

MAYBE I could make a story on that.. this is what I was getting into about breaking everything into separate stories but it's already so complicated and such a gigantic story..

I have tried to find people who are real writers but they just think I'm nuts haha And if I try to find a real writer on conspiracy sites they could be involved with these groups. That's what i would do if I was the gov...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by InFriNiTee

InFriNiTee, thank you man! Those sound like they could be ideal..I wonder how they managed this without getting sued? Maybe there are court documents showing it's real and that protects them??

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Sounds like you are trolling. If you want you can u2u me for advice, if not than have fun with whatever you are trying to accomplish. Your thread is giving me a headache.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

There is a reason I am not making it public though. This ties into much bigger info that I will be writing about. It's like a can of worms once one gets out then they all start getting out.

Here is a good example.. let's say it was based on Bill Gates.. that's not who it is.. but it works as an analogy.

But let's say I had to include that they were the richest American and they owned a software company and lived in Seattle..

But I tried to change it so they were a black woman that owned the richest software company in the world and showed they worked for the government and were lying to us all as a cover to fool us all.

Even if I made Bill gates a black woman wouldn't people still know who I was talking about allowing Bill Gates to sue me? This is why I don't think it would work but maybe I am over thinking it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join