Obama family costs taxpayers $1.4BILLION per year (that's 20 times more than British Royal Family)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Guess what? Start a new thread. This one is about the Obama's out of control spending catering to their whims. Posting unwarranted Red Herrings doesn't change the fact that the Obamas live like royalty at tax-payer expense.

And by the way... WHEN you start your new thread to complain about military travel, have data! While you're at it, start another about Nancy Pelosi's lofty travel expense budget as well. It is more than 5 times that of her predecessor!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Better believe it of course it is easier just to say it isn't true than do a little research like oh say:

The real answer is exceedingly complicated. In addition to the annual congressional budget for the operation of the White House, there are over 22 other budget accounts, in 13 different departments, that pay the expenses and salaries of the White House staff.

theintrepid.blogspot.com...

Nothing to see here folks move right along.

I really hope no one ever takes you seriously again....
linking to a blogspot website as proof? sad. Your credibility is zilch in my eyes.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
Yeah I don't buy it. I'm sure the author of that book is probably a birther.

Now just who started the birther movement???? I believe it was Obama himself when he said to McCain, you are not a US citizen, you cant be president or some such words to that effect.....a few days later McCain produced his BIRTH CERTIFICATE for all the world to see and photograph, copy, what have you and then he said to Obama....ok, lets see yours!

We are still waiting!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

Originally posted by Trustfund
Yeah I don't buy it. I'm sure the author of that book is probably a birther.

Now just who started the birther movement???? I believe it was Obama himself when he said to McCain, you are not a US citizen, you cant be president or some such words to that effect.....a few days later McCain produced his BIRTH CERTIFICATE for all the world to see and photograph, copy, what have you and then he said to Obama....ok, lets see yours!

We are still waiting!!!!

except he did show his BC...you just say it's false.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
i am not a fan of obama, that's for sure, but this is laughable at best. i could be wrong, but i would be SHOCKED if this were true.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Um, that's incorrect and a birther lie. Mc Cain never showed his BC to the public. Stop parroting things you've read without fact checking them (like most birthers do).

McCain never released his birth certificate to the press or independent fact-checking organizations

en.wikipedia.org...

But Obama did release his BC for the whole world to see. His short and long form. Looks like you're quite confused.

edit on 1-12-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I'm not saying its Obama only, but I could believe this number. Just a small amount of fact checking...air force one alone must be outrageous to operate. A commercial 747 costs a little over 23k per hour to fuel, and the average 10yr. Commercial pilot makes about 265,000 a year. Factor in copilot and staff for not one, but two planes, and you have a severe chunk of cash just going to air travel. The limo is ridiculous too. Figure that it gets replaced every eight years, (I'm being generous) it is part of that budget. Not to mention fuel bills for it. Its not even a car, in the automotive world, it has been speculated to be based on a two ton truck, and gets about 2mpg ( talk about green) while other world leaders are rolling in hybrids. Transportation alone could very well total several hundreds of millions of dollars. I don't see this as being an unrealistic number at all.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by snarky412

Who are you to say what they need and dont need. Most families have a pet. No we probably dont need them with the exception of guard dogs but still. Take this out on the dog?

We have a yellow lab but the point I was making was the wasted tax payers money IF, and I reiterate IF the $102,000 salary is correct.

Who said I took it out on the dog????

If you read my comment correctly, I stated why can't the Obama's pay for their own dog to be taken care of themselves like the rest of us do? The Prez. makes $400,000 a yr. plus money off his books [he's actually worth millions].
That's a hell of a lot more than me or any of my friends make a yr.

So why should we have to pay for his dog handler???

Simple....we shouldn't.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

reply to post by snarky412

Why does this whole dog issue even concern you so much?

WTH???

Because it's ridiculous, that's why.

You mean to tell me you don't get it? Seriously?

The prez. using tax payers money on stupid crap like this, when he makes a hell of a lot more money than most.

I rather give my money to the needy who can really use the help.

Not to some one who makes a boatload of money off of books and a yearly salary of $400,000.

It's the principle of the matter. [bad economy, remember...]
It's uncalled for IMO.

Just a waste of money......

edit on 1-12-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I don't recall him being drafted to be President! When one becomes a PUBLIC SERVANT, it is to serve the public, NOT themselves or their family.
-------------
Their expenses are RIDICULOUS! Their extravagance is RIDICULOUS! Their attitude of entitlement is RIDICULOUS! In short, the behavior of this first family is more in line with that of a monarch than that of a PUBLIC SERVANT!

My sentiments exactly.....
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Thanx~~
snarky

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Federal government should be there by lottery draft only. No pay, but you get to live moderately for free with your immediate family. Everyone with a regular job is entered into the lottery. One term only, once drafted, you can never be entered again. Four year terms, public lottery every four years. Public gallows in DC for people caught not doing the job for the people.
edit on Sat, 01 Dec 2012 19:02:42 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by karen61560

I don't recall him being drafted to be President!

No, neither do I. Drafts are random. Obama was SPECIFICALLY elected. By popular vote, by electoral vote and by state count. Obama and his family are not random drawing recipients; they were handed the job AND the perks by the American electorate.

When one becomes a PUBLIC SERVANT, it is to serve the public, NOT themselves or their family.

How is he serving himself or his family? I get the fact that you hate any expenditures going towards him or his family, but that's the way it is; that's the it always has been. I want nothing but the best for my leader. The president must be protected on so many levels that it requires high costs to employee the appropriate and trustworthy staff and all that goes with it.

I was trying not to weigh in on this too heavily, but since I have been absorbed into it, I will state that I have no problem believing this number.

Of course you have no problem believing it. I bet you had no problem being a birther too, huh? I suppose you also believe that all previous presidents paid for everything out-of-pocket, right? Haters gonna hate!

Michelle "let them eat cake" Obama has more personal aids and servants than ANY other first lady!

Previously, the same could have been said for Bush's wife...previously to that, the same could have been said about Clinton's wife...etc...

It's a big world out there and it's getting bigger every day.

The Obamas are notorious for their lavish Hollywood extravaganzas at the WH which cost the tax-payers a bundle.

Accounting for inflation, prove to me that the Obama's have spent more money than any past administration on "Hollywood extravaganzas". Heck, you may be able to prove it; yet I bet the Obamas have not spent nearly as much money on "oil tycoon & defense contractor extravaganzas" as any other president.

They vacation more than any other president

This is patently FALSE. GW Bush spent more than 1/3 of his entire eight-year presidency on vacation. Obama does not even come close to that.

Their expenses are RIDICULOUS!

Subjective.

Their extravagance is RIDICULOUS!

Again, subjective.

Their attitude of entitlement is RIDICULOUS!

Please elaborate. What attitude of entitlement? What makes Obama's "attitude of entitlements" stand out in comparison to previous presidents.

In short, the behavior of this first family is more in line with that of a monarch than that of a PUBLIC SERVANT!

Nope, they are no different that any other first family.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by Xaberz

1.4 billion could easily be lived of for a lifetime and you'd still live very comfortable, why not just go without for the rest of the term and help pay back some of the debt everybody else is paying for. assuming it's true.

then again what if that 1.4 billion is going back into your economy and keeping people in work.
Thats correct. They have to pay the housekeepper and the cook. Those people then spend the money they make and oops, the economy is working again.
edit on 1-12-2012 by karen61560 because: (no reason given)

more than just those people, i don't employ anyone directly but i know the money i spend helps to keep other people in jobs. if the money is going somewhere it is paying other peoples salaries it doesn't just vanish.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

Truely , people are not worth this amount of money to be spent on them .
People are not worth the CEO wages confered upon them in a cronies system .
This is about a cronism club
How much of the money can I sux my way and I hand your way type thing .
It pure lust and is lust your aspired object and goal in life ?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by karen61560

I don't recall him being drafted to be President!

No, neither do I. Drafts are random. Obama was SPECIFICALLY elected. By popular vote, by electoral vote and by state count. Obama and his family are not random drawing recipients; they were handed the job AND the perks by the American electorate.

When one becomes a PUBLIC SERVANT, it is to serve the public, NOT themselves or their family.

How is he serving himself or his family? I get the fact that you hate any expenditures going towards him or his family, but that's the way it is; that's the it always has been. I want nothing but the best for my leader. The president must be protected on so many levels that it requires high costs to employee the appropriate and trustworthy staff and all that goes with it.

I was trying not to weigh in on this too heavily, but since I have been absorbed into it, I will state that I have no problem believing this number.

Of course you have no problem believing it. I bet you had no problem being a birther too, huh? I suppose you also believe that all previous presidents paid for everything out-of-pocket, right? Haters gonna hate!

Michelle "let them eat cake" Obama has more personal aids and servants than ANY other first lady!

Previously, the same could have been said for Bush's wife...previously to that, the same could have been said about Clinton's wife...etc...

It's a big world out there and it's getting bigger every day.

The Obamas are notorious for their lavish Hollywood extravaganzas at the WH which cost the tax-payers a bundle.

Accounting for inflation, prove to me that the Obama's have spent more money than any past administration on "Hollywood extravaganzas". Heck, you may be able to prove it; yet I bet the Obamas have not spent nearly as much money on "oil tycoon & defense contractor extravaganzas" as any other president.

They vacation more than any other president

This is patently FALSE. GW Bush spent more than 1/3 of his entire eight-year presidency on vacation. Obama does not even come close to that.

Their expenses are RIDICULOUS!

Subjective.

Their extravagance is RIDICULOUS!

Again, subjective.

Their attitude of entitlement is RIDICULOUS!

Please elaborate. What attitude of entitlement? What makes Obama's "attitude of entitlements" stand out in comparison to previous presidents.

In short, the behavior of this first family is more in line with that of a monarch than that of a PUBLIC SERVANT!

Nope, they are no different that any other first family.

COME... ON... NOW!!! Are you serious??? Obama VOLUNATRILY CHOSE to become a public servant, he was elected to do the PEOPLE'S WORK. That comes with a salary of $400,000 and a house! The rest is simply taking advantage of tax-payer money. Why should the tax-payer pays for his dog walker? He makes $400,000 a year and can certainly afford it! Why should the tax-payers pay for lobster and kobe beef to entertain Jay-Z at the white house and a private concert when he can afford to pay for it!? Why should the tax-payers pay for 3 separate flights of Airforce One to Martha's Vineyard - one just for the freaking dog! - when they could have travelled together on one flight!?

I've already "proven" all that needs to be proven - a link that demonstrates their combined expenses. Look through it yourself.

Now, meat and potatoes... Responding with childish ad hominems ("Birther") speaks volumes for your position - Obama voter and defender of all that is Obama. This indicates a complete lack of objectivity - even in the face of verifiable facts!

No point in even trying to help you see the truth when your allegiance and partisanship prevents you from accepting anything that doesn't sync with the reality that you want.

ETA: Oh, by the way... perhaps you can explain how 4 years ago this man entered the White House with a net worth of $4Million dollars and now has a net worth over $12Million dollars??? When I do the math - $400,000 times 4 years equals $1.6million plus his existent $4million equals $5.6million. And that accounts for the fact that he doesn't spend one penny of his money on anything - the tax-payers do all of that!
edit on 2-12-2012 by kozmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I dont like how they act like this just became a problem since Obama has taken residency in the white house. Ive always had a problem with the fact that the President gets to live for FREE and a complete $400,000 salary tax free!! I think it should be one or the other. If not then he should take a pay cut. It makes no sense at all that the President gets paid all that money and has not even a cable bill to pay!! They dont buy food or anything. And like any poor celebrity who people look upon with pity, the president and his family are showered with gifts! I think we ought to do several things to save money on the Presidency. We ought to start by cutting the salary of the President and VP as well as those in congress its wasteful and unproductive especially when they dont even pay into the system through taxes for 8 years or more?? Sounds like somebody is getting over big time.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

groupthink,
The more amiability and esprit de corps there is among the members of a policy-making ingroup, the greater the danger that independent critical thinking will be replaced by groupthink, which is likely to result in irrational and dehumanizing actions directed against outgroups
Irving Janis

Mindguard
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Seems to me the money is used to create security and J.o.b.s.

At least the money will somehow find its way to american citizens and isn't hoarded in some foreign bank account.
edit on 2-12-2012 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

Dunno. 1.4 billion sounds a little high to me. Though probably not all that high in the big picture. If a president wants or needs a personal staff, he or she should be paying for it themselves. The cost for running the white house should be a government expense, but at the discretion of congress not the president. As for paying all the protective details for vacations or golf outings or date nights. I think that should be completely abolished, period. The term is only 4 years there is no need to take a vacation. If you need to get away go to camp David for a week or a weekend. Other than that, a president should pick up the tab for all the security for his own vacations period. Just read about the next up coming vacation in Hawaii for 20 days. The security alone is expected to cost several million dollars. This should simply not be allowed, period. When was the last time you took a 20 day vacation? Use of Air Force 1 should be for official business only, just like government envelopes. Use for private trips, vacations or campaigning should be disallowed. If the president needs to travel on AF1 to campaign his party should pay the exact amount involved.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join