The Obama Jesus Painting Artist

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
So the Obama Jesus painting as gotten a lot of attention lately.

When I first saw it I thought it was made by an Obama basher, making fun of his fans that worship him.

The artists commentary on the Obama painting;

Painted on a 30-by-54 canvas, the depiction "was inspired by watching conflicting reports on the same issues on the different cable newscasts and the effect on their viewers." D'Antuno said. "Peoples' perceptions of the issues seem to get distorted though their political lenses. People have had drastically different interpretations from this painting. What you see in this painting will be a reflection of your own partisan view and that is precisely the point."

www.idesigntimes.com...

This couldn't be anymore true as I took this way different than others that saw it as praise and deification of Obama.

He made this as a response;

This painting was done in response to the thousands who misinterpreted ‘The Truth’ as blasphemy. Not wanting the message of that painting to be lost, this painting was done without the use of religious symbolism.

But here is some of his other political art...I thought they were pretty cool

Small Government

Who the hell is Grover Norquist?
30” x 40” | oil on canvas

Illegal Immigration

A Tale Of Two Hoodies

American Pie

Don't Ask Don't Tell

Occupying Main Street

Court Blanche

artandresponse.com...

edit on 30-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Forgive me, but I'm missing the point. You've displayed a number of paintings with a political slant, which the artist is quite within his rights to draw. What do you want to talk about? Or was the display of paintings the point?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Nothing, I was just posting them for people to look at because I thought they were interesting.

new topics

join