It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We The People Now Re-Declare in 2012…. The Declaration of Independence!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

It kills me how so many associate the problem of freedom's losses with Obama. He's such a small part of it, it makes no sense.

It's the entire establishment: intelligence community, congress, business moguls in all industries, BOTH parties.

If you're going to advocate revolution, or even secession, at least have the presence of mind not to do it because of Obama..

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Dear PatrickGarrow17,

I certainly don't want to be misunderstood. You're right, it shouldn't be done because of Obama. As I said:

I think I may have said too much, But this is a serious topic that should have been discussed long before this.
and I didn't mean 12 months ago.

The reason I brought up Obama is the pride his administration takes in making sure that more and more Americans get government money, food stamps, phones, extended unemployment benefits, and many more. Or, at least they are promised that they will. I'm not discussing whether those programs are good or bad, but pointing out that the result is more dependency on the federal government.

I brought up the election results to show that, apparently, the majority of Americans are perfectly happy with government supplied "bread and circuses," and that they want more and more. That is not the recipe for a free nation.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Yep, after I posted I actually reread your post and realized the anger that I expressed in my post deserved not to go to you.

But, Obama as scapegoat for all of these problems is a perspective that definitely exists in a good number of people. And I just had to vent that such people, frankly, don't know what they are talking about.

Loss of liberty, corruption, power abuse, etc. is a systemic problem that exists throughout government and the private sector....even pointing the finger at DC alone really doesn't address the issue.

ETA: Incumbent reelection rates further add to your point.
edit on 11/30/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join